The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Klick17

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#376 » Post by Klick17 » 16 Jun 2017 11:23

OK so, i saw this PW ironman challenge(but not going to join it yet) and saw that there's 2 types for it, but i wanna know Several things about it:
1: Will using profession enchants such as Armour/weapon enchants disqualify you,
2: Will healer classes be allowed to use their heal spells to survive,
3: Will using green or blue highlight bags such as mooncloth and netherweave be allowed, or will all this disqualify you from the challenge?,
4: Will the character be disqualified because of some idiots that will run by the character and kill it for no valid reason?,
5: Will the person be allowed to do it again on another new character for the challenge, or only 1 character per challenge for the account?
6:How will people enter challenge? will there be some specific portal for it, or what?,
7: If primal wow is set for a restart will the characters that were in-combat and got killed be spared or also be Gone from the competition?
8: Will logging out and logging back in be counted as a disqualification given while doing the challenge?
Last edited by Klick17 on 16 Jun 2017 13:24, edited 3 times in total.

Klick17

#377 » Post by Klick17 » 16 Jun 2017 12:59

With the official announce date for TBC and the prepatch, that means we Ironmen/Bloodthirsty contenders have UNTIL MAY 3rd to complete our challenge, otherwise it will be postponed until JUNE 7 when TBC launches.

Due to the rules posted, there will be no active ironman/bt challengers during the time between launches.

To the server staff and admins about this: will the challenge be available, but only to level 60 and no further, or not available at all the whole time?

Keithy1980

#378 » Post by Keithy1980 » 16 Jun 2017 13:26

Hi im making another new ironman char but this time only doing ironman contest as bloodthisty has no seperate rewards.

Main -: Germaline

Contender :- MattiIron (Blood Elf Hunter)

Started 16/6/2017

Klick17

#379 » Post by Klick17 » 16 Jun 2017 13:39

Does this count as a Disqualification=https://truewow.org/armory/character.php?n=Ezua&realm=p
Its the weapon, has rockbiter totem enchant from the shaman ability for it

.Venna
Donor

#380 » Post by .Venna » 16 Jun 2017 13:54

Klick17 wrote:
16 Jun 2017 13:39
Does this count as a Disqualification=https://truewow.org/armory/character.php?n=Ezua&realm=p
As the toon is a shaman no it doesn't. Character may use their own buffs.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

Klick17

#381 » Post by Klick17 » 16 Jun 2017 13:56

.Venna wrote:
16 Jun 2017 13:54
Klick17 wrote:
16 Jun 2017 13:39
As the toon is a shaman no it doesn't. Character may use their own buffs.
Ok then, thanks for the info! :)

MattyEh

#382 » Post by MattyEh » 17 Jun 2017 17:20

Can we allow gathering professions yet? Could be a way to attract more to the competition and add some lower level mats to the AH.

.Venna
Donor

#383 » Post by .Venna » 18 Jun 2017 01:48

MattyEh wrote:
17 Jun 2017 17:20
Can we allow gathering professions yet? Could be a way to attract more to the competition and add some lower level mats to the AH.
No, because once Wrath drops they give a buff and then any toon who is partly leveled would have to restart. Gathering professions will never be allowed.
Primalwow.

MattyEh

#384 » Post by MattyEh » 18 Jun 2017 02:22

That's a year and a half away? Arbitrary bonus compared to the benefit first aid gives, but it is your event.

Jummo

#385 » Post by Jummo » 20 Jun 2017 23:12

/wave to the community!
I decided to join, even this is my first character on the realm: Jummo, NE druid.

A few questions: may I use a simple regenerating food like tough jerky, for example? What about Everyquest addon? It gives a nearly complete list of quests for an every zone - is it legal? Both questions are trivial, but... still. Oh, the 3rd line: may I send greens /blues / useful stuff to an alt to disenchant them or to store for a future use on lvlcap?

Also, is there any actual list of players involved into the event? That on the first page seems outdated, at least there are some people with a green / blue gear.
Thank you for your time.
You may notice, my English isn't so good. I apologize in advance for a possible misunderstanding

.Venna
Donor

#386 » Post by .Venna » 21 Jun 2017 01:34

Jummo wrote:
20 Jun 2017 23:12
/wave to the community!
I decided to join, even this is my first character on the realm: Jummo, NE druid.

A few questions: may I use a simple regenerating food like tough jerky, for example? What about Everyquest addon? It gives a nearly complete list of quests for an every zone - is it legal? Both questions are trivial, but... still. Oh, the 3rd line: may I send greens /blues / useful stuff to an alt to disenchant them or to store for a future use on lvlcap?

Also, is there any actual list of players involved into the event? That on the first page seems outdated, at least there are some people with a green / blue gear.
Thank you for your time.
Yes, you may use food, as long as it is non buff food. Yes you may use everyquest - it is in game levellers that are not allowed. Yes you may send tings to alts - it is not legal to send things to your ironman characters.

The first page is outdated but there is a new page coming. It should be up any day now.
Primalwow.

Jummo

#387 » Post by Jummo » 21 Jun 2017 08:59

.Venna wrote:
21 Jun 2017 01:34
Yes, you may use food, as long as it is non buff food. Yes you may use everyquest - it is in game levellers that are not allowed. Yes you may send tings to alts - it is not legal to send things to your ironman characters.

The first page is outdated but there is a new page coming. It should be up any day now.
Those questions were a bit dull, I know. I'm too fixed on extra clarifications.
Thank you for the patience answer.
You may notice, my English isn't so good. I apologize in advance for a possible misunderstanding

sundalo50

#388 » Post by sundalo50 » 23 Jun 2017 00:18

I got a stupid XP buff for dancing with the midsummer pole. I didn't know I would get a buff. I canceled it immediately. Am I disqualified? :?:

.Venna
Donor

#389 » Post by .Venna » 23 Jun 2017 01:37

sundalo50 wrote:
23 Jun 2017 00:18
I got a stupid XP buff for dancing with the midsummer pole. I didn't know I would get a buff. I canceled it immediately. Am I disqualified? :?:
It should have disqualified you yes. If you didnt get an in game message saying you were disqualified, then I guess you can continue as you disqualified it immediately
Primalwow.

Arkanine

#390 » Post by Arkanine » 29 Jun 2017 22:39

Been flicking through some pages (not all) So unsure if this question has been answered.

If a hunter was in a tough situation where he/she needed to use Feign Death and then obv the mobs would patrol as normal. Now lets say he has 5hp left and 0 mana. If he got up he would aggro the mobs and get killed.

Could the hunter wait (5mins i think feign death lasts) OR even Call /y or /local chat for someone to come kill them mobs?

Would any of the 2 disqualify you?

Thanks