How about haste ?

Toughy

How about haste ?

#1 » Post by Toughy » 02 Aug 2012 18:07

Hello

This may sound stupid, especially for old, well-rounded tanks, but rumor has it that haste also improves the global cool down. So haste allows me to sunder, shield slam, revenge, heroic-strike, ... more often.

In short, it improves my threat output (TPS - threat per second, if such a thing exists). So should I, as a tank, gem/spec for haste ? Why is haste only for DPS ?

Also, I would have the same question about expertise. Can I get dodged/blocked/parried on special attacks (shield slam, sunder armor, revenge) ? Why only DPSes need the expertise cap ?

Thank you,
Toughy

Arockalypse
Donor

How about haste ?

#2 » Post by Arockalypse » 02 Aug 2012 18:44

Tanks aswell need to be capped on expertise
As for haste i think it only affets your auto attack, which means hit per second, this will indeed affect you TPS but still not recommended i believe
For gemming, go with 30ST, 10Str + 15St, 10Def + 15St depending on socket colors if you care about the bonus
Why Strength? Strength adds Block rating as Warr/Pally and Parry rating as DK
You could also gem expertise but if you possess the t10 legs + Dreamwalker boots and expertise talent from your built you should be fine on it

I wouldve explained better with some links but i'm on tapatalk atm :)
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Cover25

Re: How about haste ?

#3 » Post by Cover25 » 02 Aug 2012 21:58

I wouldn't suggest stacking haste. some warriors prefer stacking stam to have a higher HP pool, however normally they lack in many other areas (exper, dodge, block etc.)

Some warriors prefer stacking large amounts of block, however you get enough block chance from talents and really, it isn't needed. I prefer to stack dodge/exper/stam on my tank, but even have different play styles.

Intervention
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Intervention » 03 Aug 2012 00:26

Just get to about 26 expertise and you're okay. Using haste would be a problem if waste.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Toughy

#5 » Post by Toughy » 03 Aug 2012 18:49

So you don't think haste lowers the global cooldown ? So you can shield slam more often for increased threat ?

And than, +def increases all of: block, dodge, parry, chance to be missed. So it is about 4 times as effective as the same block rating or the same dodge rating... (actually, last time I counted, it was about 5 times as effective, but I do not remember the missing stat now form the list of 5).

Why would anyone ever stack +block or +dodge ? With that said, is there any difference between +dodge and +block or +parry ?

To my knowledge, a parry is followed by an aditional auto-attack, so I would tend to stack +parry (if not +def, as I said). Block, on the other hand, depends on your block value, so it is less usefull than dodge/parray, unless you already have a high block value. Which high value you might already have enough reason to have, by the way, because Shield Block is both spammable and a very important ability when tanking.

And by the way, most of the time I find the socket bonuses are not worth generally worth it, so I would generally go for the gems I need and disregard the bonus.

Thank you,
Toughy

Frewdis

#6 » Post by Frewdis » 03 Aug 2012 19:07

Haste will lower you gcd, but it not really worth it as a tank it takes about 800-900 haste rating to get from 1.5 to 1.0 gcd.
Using strength to increase damage is better gain of Threat since its damage*ability threat modifer*Tank threat bonus(500%)