Arms war in 1Vs1

hampal

Arms war in 1Vs1

#1 » Post by hampal » 08 Oct 2012 17:48

At first in this talent spec you need strong 2hand weapon (Axe recommended for crit bonus) and 1hand+shield for special abilities. you also need 50% + ArP
For pvp in Arms you need to build serveral macros (let make a new topics for macros). Tactics are different for classes so let category them.
a) M-classes (war, dk, rogue, pala, shami enh and dudu feral): changing between defensive and offensive is the success key to overcome this classes. you must enable your defensive ablities like shield block and shield wall on time when opponent used his/her CDs to avoid taking much dps + "you will heal on crit taken dps enormously while u take low damage".

War Vs War:
As Arms war other spec have low chance to stand against you in same gear so we discuss about arms vs arms at end:
Arms vs Fury: killing fury war with arms is not a really big deal but you must be aware of his buffs, when he get Death wish and recklessness you must change stance to defensive use 1 hand and shield and cast shield block or you may loss many hp. that moment is really critical for you to strike too cause those buffs also debuff for 25% more damage taken, so stick to him and spam revenge. while Fury war have enormous damage taken its not a big deal to kill him but you must avoid his CDs.

Arms vs Prot
: most of prot war ablities based on shield so disarm cant prevent him as much but you may found it usefull at start to stop devastate and revenge and you can benefit it so much. remove his first stun as fast as you can and spam overpower on him while you have glyph of overpower and active rend on him. if prot war has not proper resilliance you will knock him down after 1 round of his defensive CD. consider that his stun will help u to heal so much while you have nice hp, full Wrathull arm can have like 40k hp that help you so much.

Arms vs Arms:: this battle is just about how both side react, but some hint may help you. save your bladstrom (BS) and counterattack(CA) so when your opponent cast BS you cast CA and BS instead of disarming. if your opponent cast CA you just disarm him and try to not dps or dps him from behind (behind dps is not recommended). if your opp cast CA and BS togheter in this case you go for defensive stance +shield block +shield wall and spam revenge if disarm is on cd. Keep in mind every charge you do your Opp will get healing so try to charge or intercept wisely.
hint: slowing with pierce howl is much more better than hamstring

War Vs DK: DKs have huge advantage to wars cus of healing, dk unholy and frost can easily kill war due to their system of dps and healing.

DK forst: dk frost is the enemy no 1 for war in Mdps classes. he do many crit and most them are count as frost damage so armor doesnt affect it. you must kill dps as fast as possible. so you may start with charge and disarm and then reckelessness and mortal strike then BS. in this case you will do huge damage before dk could be able to active Ice bound fortified cuz he have no chance to get runic before your duration. with this tactic and doing such dps he may go to defensive so you have a adv to finish him off. this is your only chance or he may rape you as well

DK unholy: if he hybrid with blood you have a low chance to bit him. while death strike and blood tap heal him as much and his dots dmg you very bad. if any1 have a good tactic for this class pls lets us to know

Dk blood: blood dk is really easy to kill with warr just hit him hard with overpower and dont let him to stay alive cuz time is your enemy while you dueling dk. avoid do dmg while he marked you with mark of blood and disarm at first.

to be continued...

Cover25

Re: Arms war in 1Vs1

#2 » Post by Cover25 » 08 Oct 2012 17:52

Eh just throwing this out there. if you go into def stance when a Fwarrior is on you, you're asking to be fucked. + No (good) Fwarrior is going to use Reck on a Awarrior, and if they do they'll chain stun/disarm to prevent damage taken.

hampal

#3 » Post by hampal » 08 Oct 2012 18:02

Cover25 wrote:Eh just throwing this out there. if you go into def stance when a Fwarrior is on you, you're asking to be fucked. + No (good) Fwarrior is going to use Reck on a Awarrior, and if they do they'll chain stun/disarm to prevent damage taken.
Not agreed, Fwarrior usually use reck and they dont have any stun. btw his disarm will blocked while u used shield block. and again to kill Fwarr you need go to def or you die

Cover25

#4 » Post by Cover25 » 08 Oct 2012 18:06

hampal wrote:
Cover25 wrote:Eh just throwing this out there. if you go into def stance when a Fwarrior is on you, you're asking to be fucked. + No (good) Fwarrior is going to use Reck on a Awarrior, and if they do they'll chain stun/disarm to prevent damage taken.
Not agreed, Fwarrior usually use reck and they dont have any stun. btw his disarm will blocked while u used shield block. and again to kill Fwarr you need go to def or you die
Actually we have 2 stuns, charge and intercept. + 5 second disarm, woo. That's gonna do a ton. + if he disarms me>Kite him. When he trys to lolstorm just disarm him. Awarriors aren't to hard (Besides their bs selfheals)

hampal

#5 » Post by hampal » 08 Oct 2012 18:13

Cover25 wrote:
Actually we have 2 stuns, charge and intercept. + 5 second disarm, woo. That's gonna do a ton. + if he disarms me>Kite him. When he trys to lolstorm just disarm him. Awarriors aren't to hard (Besides their bs selfheals)
Indeed we have 2 stun, but you missed the point. both stuns need 8yard range and its hard to achieve while slowing effects are active. and beside i ddnt mention BS on Fury did I? my point is to avoid taking damage while you do dps aswell.

Cover25

#6 » Post by Cover25 » 08 Oct 2012 18:16

hampal wrote:
Cover25 wrote:
Indeed we have 2 stun, but you missed the point. both stuns need 8yard range and its hard to achieve while slowing effects are active. and beside i ddnt mention BS on Fury did I? my point is to avoid taking damage while you do dps aswell.
No but you said spam revenge in def stance, when we'll just kite you>intercept you.. It's foolish to think going in def (Thus eliminating your MAIN DAMAGING SPELLS) is the best way to go.

hampal

#7 » Post by hampal » 08 Oct 2012 18:22

Dude, using intercept are not possible while Awar has no intention to let you go far away form him. we talking about player not target dummy. we follow you while you try to make distance and + Fwar used his CD to do dmg and not willing to waste time to make distance (and this is about how fast he can decide to do else, like fear and then intercept) otherwise Awar may do 3 or 4 revenge in this time and thats a considarable amount of dps

lorka

#8 » Post by lorka » 11 Oct 2012 06:09

How to beat a warr:
First you must have the hit cap wich is 5% for pvp
Second you need at least 40% crit chance.....well you could still win with 35% crit but you wont kill any geared healer that way
You also need just over 50% armor penetration (without the stance)
And finally, 900-1k resilience ofc, too much resilience is useless I tryed with over 1600 resil I was still dieing fast, but just with a litle lower rate for the expense of so much damage.

Keep mortal strike on the other warr all the time and rend too
use overpower when its active.

My tactic work 90% of the time lol :

Charge first-->rend-->mortal strike-->overpower-->retaliation

Ok at this point he might want to switch to defensive stance, use slow aoe shout and kite him to make him waste his CDs, make sur mortal strike is on 100% of the time, use enraged regen to heal yourself, by kiting him you will force him to charge, and to change is stance back to battle stance.
(Cast enraged regen when you kited him and dont have MS debuff anymore)

Fear--->charge fast again--->keep dpsing,

if he use bladestorm, just switch to defensive and use shield block ONLY, he will kill himself on you if you keep doing revenge
if he is still alive you still have shield wall to survive, again keep mortal strike and rend, once shield wall is over:
harmstring-->charge-->execute-->goodbye.

Vs other class like DK or ret pala(with the bugged flash of light heal that make them invicible) you have no chance
Maybe you could beat a less geared dk but your only chance is to keep MS, retaliation + bladestorm and hope he die....also dont forget to reflect chain of ice, it help alot.
Many ret paladin are noob and easy to kill, but geared one use shield and go defensive, they will slowly dps you to dead without getting a scratch, prot paladin can faceroll warriors too.

Vs prot warr : you cant really loose.... Unless he have over 35% crit chance as prot and 100% arpen he cant really win, if he does, well arm warr still have the advantage in 1v1 vs prot warr.

ribbaribbahey

#9 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 02 Sep 2013 14:46

No offense but i think you wouldn't beat anyone that knows what he's doing with those tactics, expecially for arms vs arms. Just because if your opponent can track your buffs he will shield block your retallation (counterattack?) and it gets even worse if you are bladestorming: u waste 2 important CDs and your opponent 1. That means GG.

Versus an unholy DK you should aim to reflect his Chains of ice to be able to melee him, otherwise he just kites you and the DoTs + pets will do the job. Remember that he can cast 2 chains of ice every 6-or-so seconds, and can reset the frost runes' cd only once. Keep atleast a charge for the moment when he can't kite you. That's also the moment to use retallation.
There are 2 possible uses of BS: one is to kill his petS. When he uses the gargoyle, pop sweeping strikes and BS it and the ghoul, if you're lucky and get some crits they will die.

To land the most injuries to a DK you should BS while he's disarmed. If you prefear to shield wall the gargoyle and save the BS for some offense my advice is: rend, hamstring (those are spammable, doesnt matter if they get parried); at this point if the duration of both abilities is long enough to cover your next moves proceed with disarm. You can either fear him or charge stun, note that you only need them to make your disarm unparriable (i use the same tactic vs rogues). Now you can MS and BS. Be careful that once he sees the disarm he will rush with chains of ice, so be fast with MS and BS or use spell reflect.
Outside this tactic, DKs usually melee you only when they got the runes to scourge strike, so expect them to kite most of the time. When they come use shield block or retallation. If you are out of CDs to reach him you can quit chasing him and start dps the pet, he will melee you asap. Keep in mind that if he has icebound fortitude your charges won't stun him and you can end to be not in melee as you're snared and he's not.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

areyoubananas

#10 » Post by areyoubananas » 27 Sep 2013 14:13

I forgot how fun it was to read these threads about warriors. this needs some popcorn.

Vaen

#11 » Post by Vaen » 28 Sep 2013 03:36

ruben is that sasha grey in your avatar ?
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

areyoubananas

#12 » Post by areyoubananas » 28 Sep 2013 05:17

sexy, isn't she.

alpakturk

#13 » Post by alpakturk » 11 Jan 2014 13:27

hampal wrote: Arms vs Arms:: this battle is just about how both side react, but some hint may help you. save your bladstrom (BS) and counterattack(CA) so when your opponent cast BS you cast CA and BS instead of disarming. if your opponent cast CA you just disarm him and try to not dps or dps him from behind (behind dps is not recommended). if your opp cast CA and BS togheter in this case .....
Sorry, i don't know about CA ability, can anybody explain it to me? My warrior is 61 level and i dont have such ability, and i coudn't find any ability called CA (counter attack) from wowwiki or elses.?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Kindzadza » 11 Jan 2014 13:32

alpakturk

#15 » Post by alpakturk » 11 Jan 2014 13:49

Thank you :) Now everything got cleared :)