Charge

Kytanna

Charge

#1 » Post by Kytanna » 12 Jan 2018 23:49

Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere, but I saw a post back from 2014 about Charge being a mess. I was unable to find anywhere if that ever got fixed.

One thing that tends to keep me from playing Warrior is Charge not quite working, so before wasting my time making one to find out the hard way, I figured I'd ask!

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Charge

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 13 Jan 2018 23:25

I haven't personally played a Warrior in quite a while but from the reports still opened in our Bugtracker it still has minor issues when trying to use it underwater or inside of buildings.

The worst issue I used to run into with charge was periodically charging into the ground when above a cave structure, but I can find no reports either mentioning that issue still occurs or marking it as fixed.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Anesthesia » 14 Jan 2018 13:20

Charge, Feral Charge (Bear) and Blink may port you below the surface in rare occasions, it usually happens if the ground is sloped. Blink will most likely have shorter range if something is in the way, and charging trough the floor may be prevented if you jump before!
Abilities like Shadowstep and Feral Charge (Cat) actually allow you to fly trough the air but if the target is close to the wall with its back, character will most likely fall under the floor.

It really happens very rarely in random places around the world and in most situations /reload will port your character to the nearest graveyard, alive.
I think this is not something that could be easily fixed, at least it is hard to replicate, and it works in a similar way on most of the 'pre cata' private servers.

Kytanna

#4 » Post by Kytanna » 17 Jan 2018 00:38

Thank you both for such detailed answers, I very much appreciate it. Those seem like charge bugs one could live with, it's nowhere near as bad as I was fearing.

natnat123
Former Staff

#5 » Post by natnat123 » 17 Jan 2018 00:58

yeah, i have played warrior ever since i started playing here. charge was pretty bad when i first started. but now its not bad at all. i cant remember the last time i charged and fell through the ground. must have been months ago

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 17 Jan 2018 13:20

I think you might refer back at the time where they most likely would place one underground.
That maps issue is long gone, but yes it may still occur through highened terrains as Anesthesia explained, yet not frequently seen nowadays.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

elementalice

#7 » Post by elementalice » 20 Jan 2018 21:20

i can give u a tip, if u play a class wich involves u to use charge ability.if u see a high terrain just press SPACE key, jump one :D, before using the ability,u will never get under floor :D .used all time on mage/warior/druid .just give a shot :D.

Dunkelstein

#8 » Post by Dunkelstein » 23 Jan 2018 04:41

If you die and can't press release button type /script RepopMe() and you will be ported to the nearest graveyard with 50% HP and Mana
Last edited by Dunkelstein on 05 Feb 2018 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
Aka Funkelstein

Ancestor

#9 » Post by Ancestor » 23 Jan 2018 07:30

IronSharona wrote:
13 Jan 2018 23:25
The worst issue I used to run into with charge was periodically charging into the ground when above a cave structure, but I can find no reports either mentioning that issue still occurs or marking it as fixed.
there seems to be still some map problem, example in wsg when you go mounted above tunnel, it dismounts you as it thinks you are in tunnel some spots...really annoying when seconds matter and as druid travel from also disappears there...and thats why prolly mages and warrs and fears make ppl go under textures...map bug atleast in tw