Warrior tank rotation?

Trondhiem

Warrior tank rotation?

#1 » Post by Trondhiem » 24 Apr 2017 21:04

It's been a while since I've played vanilla (obviously xD), but it's clear that some things are much different. So before I start running 5 mans to gear for raiding, I was wondering if there was a particular rotation that I should keep in mind so I don't make an absolute fool of myself. Thanks!

Xenitron

Re: Warrior tank rotation?

#2 » Post by Xenitron » 24 Apr 2017 22:18

Tank usually dont have any particular rotation since they dont need to have max damage output usually you just do whatever situation requires(stun,silence taunt-off) and after that comes damage in second place(thunderclap,cleave,devastate)...

Usually for tanks more important is knowing spells which boss/mob uses and tactics(where to move,how to rotate mob)

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Apr 2017 23:55

Trondheim*

For single target there's just an priority. Shield Slam > Revenge > Devistate/Sunder Armor. You should note that Shield Slam costs a lot of rage if you don't have Sword and Board (talent) proc'ed, so if you don't have a lot of rage generation, consider using the other spells even if Shield Slam is the best one threat wise. Whenever you have more than 50 rage, use Heroic Strike or Cleave (AoE).

For AoE tanking, your main spell is thunder clap, which you should keep spaming whenever there are 3+ enemies. It can improved with the Deep Wound talent, but I don't see it being necesarry. The only other unlimited AoE spell is shockwave, which also stuns. I tend to use it at the begining for extra threat, but I often save it for when CC is needed. It's a cone spell, so make sure you don't miss. The general idea is that you focus one target with the single target tanking priority, while using thunder clap whenever off cooldown. DPSers should attack your target to begin with, and AoE after your second thunder clap (or first shockwave if you use it). If they pull agroo on something else than your target, let them die/tank it, so they'll learn their lesson.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Trondhiem

#4 » Post by Trondhiem » 25 Apr 2017 01:41

Gnurg wrote:
24 Apr 2017 23:55
Trondheim*

For single target there's just an priority. Shield Slam > Revenge > Devistate/Sunder Armor. You should note that Shield Slam costs a lot of rage if you don't have Sword and Board (talent) proc'ed, so if you don't have a lot of rage generation, consider using the other spells even if Shield Slam is the best one threat wise. Whenever you have more than 50 rage, use Heroic Strike or Cleave (AoE).

For AoE tanking, your main spell is thunder clap, which you should keep spaming whenever there are 3+ enemies. It can improved with the Deep Wound talent, but I don't see it being necesarry. The only other unlimited AoE spell is shockwave, which also stuns. I tend to use it at the begining for extra threat, but I often save it for when CC is needed. It's a cone spell, so make sure you don't miss. The general idea is that you focus one target with the single target tanking priority, while using thunder clap whenever off cooldown. DPSers should attack your target to begin with, and AoE after your second thunder clap (or first shockwave if you use it). If they pull agroo on something else than your target, let them die/tank it, so they'll learn their lesson.
Yeah, my name is just an old inside joke that i couldn't bring myself to change xD
but yeah, thanks! :D