Leveling

Post Reply
User avatar
Wowgamer200
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 Dec 2015 17:27
Location: Hell On Earth

Leveling

#1 » Post by Wowgamer200 » 25 Mar 2016 21:36

Are warriors more easier with Wotlk mechanics Or would I be better off leveling some other class? Also are warriors needed right now? Thanks! ^_^ Does race matter for pve?
I play for the raiding and for the fun of hearing peoples ears explode once they kill the last boss of a raid this is Our World Of Warcraft and no one can change that even if they try.

Sofedanis - Boomkin (My Main)
I mainly play on Primal wow

User avatar
Vaen
Tester
Posts: 722
Joined: 19 Sep 2012 16:04
Location: Colombia

Re: Leveling

#2 » Post by Vaen » 26 Mar 2016 03:36

Warrior is a pretty good class in wotlk but they're not particularly easy to play compared to other classes. It is however very rewarding once you get the knack of it.

In terms of solo leveling it is harder to level than other classes because they have access to little self-recovery but you should be able to make it through just fine leveling as any spec really. As for grouping, tanks are probably sought after during leveling in random dungeon groups, so you could do a fair amount of them if you spec protection.

Warriors are definitely a class needed in endgame raids if that's what you're looking for. The race is of not so high importance in pve, but some of them provide better bonuses, namely: trolls for horde which gives access to Berserking or draenei for alliance which grants 1% additional hit chance to your party members. Some other racials have good situational uses such as Will of the forsaken or Every man for himself.

Anyways, it definitely is a class worth trying. Good luck.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

User avatar
Nymunne
Former Staff
Posts: 1951
Joined: 28 Jun 2015 23:10

Re: Leveling

#3 » Post by Nymunne » 26 Mar 2016 08:36

Vaen wrote:Warrior is a pretty good class in wotlk but they're not particularly easy to play compared to other classes. It is however very rewarding once you get the knack of it.

In terms of solo leveling it is harder to level than other classes because they have access to little self-recovery but you should be able to make it through just fine leveling as any spec really. As for grouping, tanks are probably sought after during leveling in random dungeon groups, so you could do a fair amount of them if you spec protection.

Warriors are definitely a class needed in endgame raids if that's what you're looking for. The race is of not so high importance in pve, but some of them provide better bonuses, namely: trolls for horde which gives access to Berserking or draenei for alliance which grants 1% additional hit chance to your party members. Some other racials have good situational uses such as Will of the forsaken or Every man for himself.

Anyways, it definitely is a class worth trying. Good luck.
I believe he asked this question for the Vanilla realm as he created character(s) there. :?

User avatar
NoblestHeart
Donor
Posts: 64
Joined: 15 Aug 2015 11:27

Re: Leveling

#4 » Post by NoblestHeart » 26 Mar 2016 10:13

Wowgamer200 wrote:Are warriors more easier with Wotlk mechanics Or would I be better off leveling some other class? Also are warriors needed right now? Thanks! ^_^ Does race matter for pve?
WOTLK: Any spec you like, any race you like.
Vanilla: Protection was usually the best spec for warrior as long as you had good gear and knew your stuff. People still played Arms/Fury specs and did pretty ok damage in the DPS meters. Fury back in vanilla lacked titans grip which allows them to dual wield 2h weapons so they wielded only 1 2h weapon (Titans Grip was introduced in The Burning Crusade). Arms/Fury "sometimes" weren't taken into raids because players were really serious about raiding and only wanted certain classes. As for what race suits warrior in vanilla you can look at different starting stats and racials Here

User avatar
Vaen
Tester
Posts: 722
Joined: 19 Sep 2012 16:04
Location: Colombia

Re: Leveling

#5 » Post by Vaen » 26 Mar 2016 13:53

Nymunne wrote: I believe he asked this question for the Vanilla realm as he created character(s) there. :?
Hopefully almost everything I said still applies to warriors in Primal.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

User avatar
Gnurg
Posts: 2377
Joined: 28 Jan 2013 19:38
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Leveling

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Mar 2016 14:13

If you're leveling on Primal, I would recommend going protection. With the lower experience rates you often find yourself fighting higher level mobs, which can be rough with a non tank spec... atleast if you end up pulling 3-4 at the same time, which happens a lot both in Westfall and Redridge.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

User avatar
Dunkelstein
Tester
Posts: 324
Joined: 11 Oct 2015 22:32

Re: Leveling

#7 » Post by Dunkelstein » 26 Mar 2016 14:26

NoblestHeart wrote: Vanilla: Protection was usually the best spec for warrior as long as you had good gear and knew your stuff.(Titans Grip was introduced in The Burning Crusade).
You didn't really need any points in Protection to tank in 'real' vanilla. Titans Grip was introduced in WotLK.

As for best race, it all depends on what you want to do mainly (DPS, tanking or PvP).
On Primal, level as protection. Shieldwall works pretty much like a prolonged bubble and Revenge hits harder than some instant abilities of pure damage classes.

As for raids, good Tanks are almost always needed. Arms Warriors also are the only class with the bleed debuff. Warriors with good gear also top DPS at target dummy fights, but in practice they run into threat or range problems.

A little bit of Warrior history (very entertaining):
[youtube]74fmTBRTnDg[/youtube]
Aka Funkelstein

User avatar
Zheromer
Posts: 102
Joined: 08 May 2015 23:43

Re: Leveling

#8 » Post by Zheromer » 26 Mar 2016 16:57

Gnurg wrote:If you're leveling on Primal, I would recommend going protection. With the lower experience rates you often find yourself fighting higher level mobs, which can be rough with a non tank spec... atleast if you end up pulling 3-4 at the same time, which happens a lot both in Westfall and Redridge.
Lvling rates are normal and yes go prot as Revenge hits for cray amounts, so you will pretty much out dmg most dps warrs.
Image

User avatar
glskitszo1
Posts: 11
Joined: 14 Jul 2016 23:12

Re: Leveling

#9 » Post by glskitszo1 » 10 Aug 2016 22:35

I've been leveling and tanking on primal; What i've been doing: talents in protection till you get max revenge; then fury talents till piercing howl for utility reasons....after that i'm not sure...might figure out ways to maximize dps or choose the mitigation talents in preperation for BRD tanking....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest