Arms good for raiding?

wubbs00

Arms good for raiding?

#1 » Post by wubbs00 » 21 Jul 2015 08:45

Now before everyone says, " lawl arms terribad fury bizt" , think about 1 thing . WOTLK client in vanilla which means taste for blood , weapon master and trauma. with these new abilitys does this make arms a solid option in raids? or is arms still meh?

.kurthos

Re: Arms good for raiding?

#2 » Post by .kurthos » 21 Jul 2015 23:22

Taste for blood, trauma and the buffs to rend should make arms very viable. As far as itemization goes, you will be able to expertise cap and hit cap while also having access to several solid items. As it stands with current content there is no reason why you could play arms in raids.

wubbs00

#3 » Post by wubbs00 » 22 Jul 2015 19:34

thank you kurthos

Sarneea85

#4 » Post by Sarneea85 » 05 Aug 2015 11:41

Actually what I plan on doing, doing dungeons around 50+ have been quite nice sitting at hit and exp cap at my level though and topping charts atm, not sure how it will play out 60 with full pre raid BiS gear, with arc reaper it should be amazing, and OEB/zin rokh (zg comes out next month) itll easily out do most. Just be good with slams and learn how to manage rage.

Zanmato

#5 » Post by Zanmato » 05 Aug 2015 12:20

I have only two rules when it comes to PvE raiding that apply to any class or role, and i usually made sure everyone understood those when leading our raids back on retail.

#1. Play the spec you enjoy the most. Make sure you're having fun because you will usually have an higher performance when happy about what you're doing and you might burn out faster if you're forced into something. I've seen great Dps'rs get demotivated by having to fill into tank roles or vice-versa. If it's arms you enjoy playing, then go ahead.

#2. This is the most important rule. Always make sure you carry your own weight when in a group. More often then not, it comes down to the individual player more then the spec he's using. If you perform well enough, you'll definitely earn your spot... just don't have others carry your own weight.

That being said, one Arms warrior is a must have in any raid comp. Trauma provides for a much needed debuff for fury warriors, rogues and ferals, and the damage from the arms warrior by himself alone isnt bad at all. You'll do fine on single target and you'll probably shine when cleaving 2-3 targets.