Warrior [Execute] Ability

.Cobo55

Warrior [Execute] Ability

#1 » Post by .Cobo55 » 04 Jun 2015 16:35

The execute ability for warriors works most of the time. But, sometimes it will make the animation and noise of execute but no damage and to make sure its not a visual bug I looked at the combat log and execute is not listed. If I can ill try to get footage of it because it does happen, just not very often.

jnocetti
Donor

Re: Warrior [Execute] Ability

#2 » Post by jnocetti » 05 Jun 2015 03:01

It seems unlikely that an ability will work most of the time and the suddenly just fail. Hope you get the footage tho because if it does happen then it would be nice for the staff the fix it.
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Disan

#3 » Post by Disan » 08 Jul 2015 17:11

I can confirm this bug. Not only for Execute, Slam seems to fail the same way.

How to reproduce?`Just Slam nonstop. 2 out of 10 Slams will be "eaten".

adolphjlj123

#4 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 08 Jul 2015 19:21

can confirm execute been bugged since day1

Sarneea85

#5 » Post by Sarneea85 » 03 Aug 2015 10:09

Yes, been having same problem with slam/execute as well. Quite annoying slam is a great filler for arms.

Sacre12

#6 » Post by Sacre12 » 03 Aug 2015 12:12

Can't say anything for Slam. Regarding execute, it seems that if it's avoided in any way, it doesn't show in the combat log. In addition, sometimes it won't show in the combat log and still drain the full rage amount. I've tried replicating the bug to see what causes it, but I can't say anything else than that it seems completely random in the last case.

scrubbless

#7 » Post by scrubbless » 24 Sep 2015 17:00

I'm having the same issue with execute, wondering if its a bug with parry/dodge/miss or if its a genuine strike that is missing. Guess I should get hit capped :P

lunatek

#8 » Post by lunatek » 21 Oct 2015 04:15

Core/DB issue or client visual bug?

Well if certain "text" doesn't show up inside the combat log i'd say this is a core/DB issue.
It's not just any miss, block, dodge or parry that isn't listed inside the combat log, also full rage is being consumed.

Some may have read:
Patch 1.3.0 stated for the "finishing move" Execute - full rage is no longer consumed when the ability does not hit.
Translation does not hit = no succesfull landed attack.

Parry and dodge should be seen as a sort of: not hit (no succesfull landed attack), instead it is returned as enemy parried or dodged the attack, which uses different rules.

Originally rage should be consumed fully on finishing moves. However this is not the case for execute since 1.3.0.
"non - finishing moves" ae: heroic strike, cleave etc. these should return a portion of rage cost back but, only when parried or dodged. No refund on miss.

We cannot determine what our attack would result at to justify our rage consumption. The issue pending the question does "not hit" includes "miss" in the case of execute.

I'd give this a medium priority for fixing due to: When an npc would be reaching low health it could be possible that the npc will flee for help. This especially can be ackward when some npc's fleeing speed seems quite to high and this in combination with being rage starved or low health yourself.
I'd preffer to read a return value to make the better choice. ae: die and run back, flee like a chicken or stand on my toes 3 cm from the flatscreen trying to survive)

Hopefully the dev will look into either the spellhandler of execute or take a view at the combat table.