[Guide] 3.3.5 PvE Fury Warrior

HeadOwn

[Guide] 3.3.5 PvE Fury Warrior

#1 » Post by HeadOwn » 26 Feb 2014 02:40

Hey there, I'm Headscutter aka Heads/Head, been playing as a warrior for about 4 years, I've been playing on private server only, I've been looking into the forums here and armory, I saw some people with Shadowmourne which is good to know that the quest is working here, note that this is a high end guide, I couldn't provide the link of the items with their names at the same time so if you need any information about them, just go to http://www.openwow.com/, I have few videos about Fury guide but I won't mention them here cuz they are from another server.

Stats:

1: We have 2 main important stats beside the Armor Penetration, they are Hit and Expertise, you can't do a good DPS without getting your caps on Hit and Expertise, so the soft Hit cap is 5% + 3% from Precision talent on fury talent tree or you can simply go to 10% or more Hit without Precision , and the Expertise cap is 26/26, getting these caps will allow you to make a good DPS cuz you won't miss neither dodge, and as you all know, always attack the boss from behind to avoid Parry, you might miss some attacks at some occasions so if you wanna get more hit it's ok, but its preferably to be from the gear, don't gem Hit.

2: Critical: what I'm gonna say is everything from what I experienced, and all my thoughts, which means that you are not forced to follow what I'm saying, anyways, the min Critical cap for raiding is 55% unbuffed, this is a must, but I had 60,21%, so I can crit all the times, and of course you can't get to this cap without wearing Agility gear, you must have around 750 - 800 Agility unbuffed.

3: Armor Penetration: When you are on a good guild that do Heroics you can farm your gear faster than pugging raids, so when you are like 6.5k or more, you will have around 90% ArP which is already enough, the soft cap is 90% but if you wanna go for the hard cap then you will have to change your Strength gems to the ArP ones which I would say better don't do it.

4: Strength: It's one of the most important stats, the good things that we can get from it is a great increase on Deep Wounds and on our other skills also, so always try to gem as much Strength as you can.

5: Haste: Many other classes including warriors are against going with haste, well, I would say the opposite, having Haste will let you attack faster, you will have more attacks and use more Heroic Strikes, the faster that you attack, the more rage that you generate, I'm not saying to gem Haste nor use full Haste items, but 2-3 Haste gear will be really good, the 1st one that I would suggest is Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy and the 2nd one is Sindragosa's Cruel Claw , now if you wanna use a 3rd one it's all up to you, you can get either Gunship 25 heroic agility cloak that gives haste + crit or Halion's 25 heroic leather bracers which gives haste + crit.

http://www.truewow.org/talent-calculato ... kAo:oqG0oV the reason why I got Piercing Howl is to slow the adds on DB (which they aren't working properly here, if they worked properly then u would need a warrior to slow them, Supressors on VDW and Vile Spirits on LK, I didn't take Improved Cleave cuz I simply don't use Cleave, Heroic Strike does more damage, I got Heroic Fury cuz it's awesome on the most of the encounters, you might really need it, u can also put the 3 points from Precision on Enrage if u are hit capped (8-10% hit), Imp.Execute might be good but I prefer the damage increase from Enrage.

Alright, now the glyphs that you must use:
Majors: Glyph of Heroic Strike *you will generate 10 rages whenever you do a Critical with Heroic Strike*
Glyph of Whirlwind *it will reduce the CD of your Whirlwind skill by 2 seconds*

now you have 3 choices, Glyph of Rending which will increase your Rend timer on the target by 6 seconds.

Glyph of Cleaving is totally useless since I don't useCleave .

and Glyph of Execution which whenever you use your Execute ability it will deal additional damage as you had 10 additional rages.

Glyph of Execution: well, Improved Execute talents reduces the rage cost of Execute by 5 rages, which means, it will convert this 5 rages into damage, so we will deal damage up to 35 rages instead of 30, and it will be 45 with this glyph, in my opinion, Glyph of Rending is better than this one, but, if u are a high end guy with a huge experience and know how to manage ur rage then u can use Glyph of Rending, Glyph of Execution and Glyph of Whirlwind, I'mma test it how it goes here when I hit 80.

So just take Glyph of Rending in my opinion

Minors: Glyph of Command .
Glyph of Battle .
and now you can choose between Glyph of Bloodrage or Glyph of Victory Rush .

For PVE you need 2 main macros, the Rend one and the Slam one (to stop casting Slam ).

Slam Macro
#showtooltip Slam
/cast Slam
/stopcasting
Now notice that it's written stop casting, so this macro is basicly, if you have Bloodsurge proc then you will use the instant Slam, if not then it will stop the Slam cast.

Rend Macro
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=6 Battle Stance, Rend, Berserker Stance
Or
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:3] Battle Stance
/castsequence [stance:1/2] Rend, Berserker Stance
Now on this macro, you only have to click it 3 times if you are slow, but it's better if you click it fast so you can go back to your rotation, so this macro will basicly get you to Battle Stance when you click it once, then click it again to cast Rend then click again to go back to Berserker Stance, now the reset=6 is cuz sometimes I had some problems with lags and manually changed to Berserker Stance so then the macro would fuck up, the 2nd one is better, if you are in Berserker Stance then it will take you to Battle Stance, if you are in Battle Stance or Defensive Stance then it will cast Rend and go back to Berserker Stance.

Now there are two useful macros
#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Whirlwind, Bloodthirst, Bloodthirst
This will simply cast Whirlwind , Bloodthirst , Bloodthirst and then will reset the macro, which means we will cast Whirlwind , Bloodthirst , Bloodthirst again, Whirlwind has 8 seconds CD and Bloodthirst has 4 seconds CD, which means, you can use x2 Bloodthirst untill the next Whirlwind will be ready.
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Whirlwind
Why do we need this one? it's because when you use Whirlwind , you will only do the aoe but you won't start attacking, so this one will start attack and use Whirlwind

An additional macro:
#showtooltip Shattering Throw
/cast [stance:2/3] Battle Stance
/cast [stance:1] Shattering Throw
/run if GetTime()>(thorncd or 0)then thorncd=GetTime()+60 SendChatMessage("casting Shattering Throw on %t","SAY")end
This one will get you to Battle Stance, cast Shattering Throw and announce on who you are casting it.

Let's talk about the professions:
Alchemy : Good prof cuz u have additional time and effect with your stuff (Elixirs and Flasks).
Tailoring : It's one of the BiS profs for warriors cuz of the 400 AP enchant on the Cloak.
Blacksmithing : It's good cuz you can have 2 additional gems but I would prefer Tailoring.
Jewelcrafting : It's the main prof for warriors and almost everyone cuz of the gems that you can make EX: Bold Dragon's Eye and Fractured Dragon's Eye .
Leatherworking : Good cuz of the bracers enchant.
Engineering : Awesome cuz of the Hyperspeed Accelerators enchant for gloves which will increase your Haste Rating by 340 I guess, it's really good so you attack faster with Heroic Strike, and It's also good for some bosses like Valithria Dreamwalker when the mages throw you up so you can Parachute it and for the Nitro Boosts that might help you in alot of situations.
Skinning : Not a really good prof even with it additional Critical.
Mining : Toughness is really good if you are willing to be a Tank or for PvP.
Enchanting : The double rings enchant.
Herbalism : Good for PVP cuz of the Lifeblood but not good for PVE.

So in my opinion, go for Jewelcrafting andBlacksmithing .

Now what you must have when you join the raids:
1: Always carry Flask of Endless Rage with you .
2: Scroll of Strength .
3:Dragonfin Filet , Fish Feast will give you 80 AP, so as we have additional Strength from Improved Berserker Stance you better eat your own food.
4: Indestructible Potion .
5: Potion of Speed .
6: Heroic Potion or Mighty Rage Potion which will instantly give you 45 - 75 Rages or Insane Strength Potion .

Here is the rotation that I use:
Start with an attack to generate rage, use Whirlwind, Bloodthirst, Death Wish, click once on the Rend macro (as I'm orc I use Blood Fury after the 1st click on the macro) and then I click 1 more time, but if you aren't an orc then just spam the Rend macro, you will get back to Battle Stance and the remaining CD of your Bloodthirst will around 2 seconds, use Bloodrage and Recklessness, use Bloodthirst and then Heroic Strike, you will have 1 stack of Recklessness left so use Whirlwind and you will get 2 crits, 1 from your main hand and 1 from your off hand, only use Heroic Throw when you aren't close to the boss cuz it will reset your auto attack timer so you will have more problems generating rages, use Rend whenever you can, it's a 3-6% dps increase depending on how you use it and if you know how to manage it, if you have a laggy internet or a bad pc then don't use Rend at all.

The priorities should go like this Whirlwind > Bloodthirst > Slam > Execute > Rend, so basically, when you reach 20% of the boss's HP just stop using Rend.

Lemme ask you a question, how many potions can you guys use on a boss? I can use 3 on Deathbringer Saurfang, here is the trick, the encounter takes 1 minute and 10 seconds to start, keep your eye on your DBM addon, when you see that there is 1 min and 2 secs use Indestructible Potion , this potion will stay 2 mins on you, it has 1 min CD, so when he says "Patethic old orc" (horde) or "Dwarves" (alliance) just use Potion of Speed or any of the rage potions, basically, you used 2 potions out of combat, which means, this will let you use the 3rd potion in 1 min.

Now the BiS gears (the gears that I would use)
MH (Main Hand): Shadowmourne or Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand
OH (Off Hand): Cryptmaker only if you haveGlorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand on your MH, but if you have Shadowmourne then use Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand on the OH, ofcourse this all depends on your Expertise and Hit, you need to manage them.
Helm: Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Helmet .
Neck: Penumbra Pendant or Lana'thel's Chain of Flagellation Depending on your expertise, so don't go above 26/26 or also Sindragosa's Cruel Claw .
Shoulders: Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Shoulderplates
Cloak: There is a Cloak from ToGC (Trial of the Grand Crusader) Tribute run but I couldn't find the link so I'll post this one Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape
Chest: Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Battleplate
Bracers: Toskk's Maximized Wristguards or Bracers of the Heir
Gloves: Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Gauntlets or Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy you are going to use 4/5 Sanctified, so depending on your needs, Helm, Shoulders and Chest are essential, you will use either Gloves or Pants.
Waist: Coldwraith Links or Astrylian's Sutured Cinch , or you can also use Flesh-Shaper's Gurney Strap if you are lacking Hit.
Pants: Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Legplates if you have Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy , but if you have Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Gauntlets then use Leggings of Northern Lights .
Boots: use Blood-Soaked Saronite Stompers if you have Astrylian's Sutured Cinch or Frostbitten Fur Boots if you have Coldwraith Links or you can also use Bone Drake's Enameled Boots which in my opinion is one of the best boots.
First Ring: Might of Blight or Frostbrood Sapphire Ring .
Second Ring: Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
First Trinket: Sharpened Twilight Scale
Second Trinket Deathbringer's Will
you can also use Death's Choice horde side or Death's Verdict alliance side if you can't get any of the trinkets above.
Ranged Weapon: Fal'inrush, Defender of Quel'thalas

I hope you found this guide useful for you, any grammar errors or anything that I wrote wrong, feel free to post on the comments below, hope to see you ingame soon, Cheers.
Last edited by HeadOwn on 31 Mar 2014 03:04, edited 3 times in total.
Headscuttero - Orc Warrior PvP: Arms, PvE: Arms & Tank [BS/JC]
Headscutterr - Orc Warrior PvP: Arms, PvE: Fury [Enchanting/JC]
Headshealing - Tauren Druid PvP: Resto, PvE: Resto & Bear [LW/Skinning]

Vaen

Re: [Guide] 3.3.5 PvE Fury Warrior

#2 » Post by Vaen » 26 Feb 2014 03:10

Start with an attack to generate rage, use Whirlwind, Bloodthirst, Death Wish, click once on the Rend macro
Sorry but the core of the guide is completely wrong, Bloodthirst does higher DPS than Whirlwind and therefore should come first. In a pseudo-priority it would look like this:

BT > Whirlwind > Free GCD

resulting in something that looks more like a rotation than a priority list:

BT > WW > BT > Free GCD > Repeat

For the free GCD the priority looks like this:

Slam if it's up,
Sunder if you're on sunder duty and it has less than 8 seconds left,
Shout if you're on shouting duty and it has less than 8 seconds left,
Rend if it's not up
Heroic Throw

If you have slam proc but you already used your free GCD then slam right away if waiting until after casting Whirlwind in the next rotation would cause Slam to fall off, otherwise you should wait until after you cast the WW in your next rotation and slam. A similar idea applies to the situation where you get a slam proc early during your rotation, if such a proc would fall off before you manage to use it during the Free GCD then you should slam between WW and the 2nd BT, if not, you should slam during the free GCD.

Death Wish should be used as soon as it's up and when not saving it for a particular phase of the fight it should be your first GCD. It should be used on your free GCD or slotting it in the GCD following your free GCD and before the first BT of the next rotation.

It's also worthy of mention that recklessness is a relatively weak cooldown in pve and should probably be used only at the bottom of the free GCD priority.

I was going to post an in-depth guide from EJ for those interested but I couldn't find it and seems to be gone.

Edit: I noticed something wrong in your stats section:
3: Armor Penetration: When you are on a good guild that do Heroics you can farm your gear faster than pugging raids, so when you are like 6.5k or more, you will have around 90% ArP which is already enough, the soft cap is 90% but if you wanna go for the hard cap then you will have to change your Strength gems to the ArP ones which I would say better don't do it.
Armor penetration soft cap is a value such that armor penetration from a proc trinket would put you at the hardcap (which is 100% btw, 1400 arp rating). So if I'm using Grim Toll my armor penetration soft cap would be 1400-613. On the other hand, with high end gear your most valuable stat is ArP and you should get it all the way to the hardcap, since ArP proc trinkets are rather lackluster in endgame gear.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Relina

#3 » Post by Relina » 26 Feb 2014 11:17

Vaen wrote: I was going to post an in-depth guide from EJ for those interested but I couldn't find it and seems to be gone.
Nothing is ever truly gone on the internet :).

Link to EJ Warrior: Fury Compendium.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Teal Deer

#4 » Post by Teal Deer » 26 Feb 2014 12:02

furi guide in which the word cleave appears only 3 times.

HeadOwn

#5 » Post by HeadOwn » 26 Feb 2014 16:17

Bloodthirst does higher DPS than Whirlwind and therefore should come first.
Well, WW hits with 2 weapons and BT hits with 1 (WW is based on weapon damage and BT is based on AP so they both come to be nearly the same damage), if you are the type if warrior that uses Rend and Sunder Armor you need to use WW first so you will have more free time to do them. the sec 3 will be a free GCD where you can either use Sunder or Rend or Slam if its up, you won't have time to use Rend cuz the Rend takes exactly 1.70 sec to be used so the other BT will get fcked, so, you use WW (2 hits) and 2 BTs (2 hits) in total of 4 hits without applying Rend.

1 BT
2 WW
3 FGCD
4 BT

But if you do it this way, so here you will do 4 hits in 5 seconds and will be able to use Rend, also a free GCD for Slam or Sunder at
1 WW
2 BT
3 Rend
4 FGCD
5 BT

Armor penetration soft cap is a value such that armor penetration from a proc trinket would put you at the hardcap (which is 100% btw, 1400 arp rating). So if I'm using Grim Toll my armor penetration soft cap would be 1400-613. On the other hand, with high end gear your most valuable stat is ArP and you should get it all the way to the hardcap, since ArP proc trinkets are rather lackluster in endgame gear.
ArP soft cap is 90% which you can easily get with full heroic gear and without gemming ArP, 90% is more than enough, but if you wanna go for the hard cap which is 100% then you will have to gem ArP, I think that you should do some researches.

furi guide in which the word cleave appears only 3 times.
Cleave costs 10 more rages and deals 270 less damage if you don't have Improved Cleave and 9 less damage if you have Improved Cleave, Heroic Strike and Cleave consume your main hand attack, so you won't generate rage while using them, let's say you normally get 40 rages per attack, if you use Heroic Strike then it means that you won't get 40 rages, you will also spend 12 rages, so, the cost of Heroic Strike is 52 rages, and for the Cleave is 60, cuz you are losing 40 rages from your main hand swing, spamming any of them while under 55 rage is totally wrong, and pretty please, don't tell me that you are the kind of guy that uses Cleave on single target bosses? the places where you really need to use Cleave are: Marrowgar Spikes, Lady's adds, if DB is scripted here then it means that if you use Cleave then you will get aggro on the beasts, and if the beasts hit you then DB will get more Blood Power and he will hit harder, you don't need Cleave on Fester, you also don't need it on Rot and PP, you don't need it on BPC, you don't need it on BQL, you don't need it on Dreamwalker, you don't need it on Sindra unless there are some tombs which you will need to manage them so you don't get alot of stacks of Chilled to the Bone, you need it only on the first phase of LK if you wanna get rid of the ghouls faster, so basically, do you really think that I'm gonna spend 3 talent points on Improved Cleave and take Glyph of Cleaving for 1 boss only? I don't care about my damage on the adds, I care about my damage on the boss which I will have more if I'm using Rending glyph and with other talents, Heroic Strike deals more damage and if there is a Dazed target around then you will deal 195 additional damage.
Last edited by HeadOwn on 09 Mar 2014 08:46, edited 2 times in total.
Headscuttero - Orc Warrior PvP: Arms, PvE: Arms & Tank [BS/JC]
Headscutterr - Orc Warrior PvP: Arms, PvE: Fury [Enchanting/JC]
Headshealing - Tauren Druid PvP: Resto, PvE: Resto & Bear [LW/Skinning]

Vaen

#6 » Post by Vaen » 26 Feb 2014 16:28

Sorry about this, but you have no idea what you're talking about, BT damage is based off your AP and since it does more than half the damage of one whirlwind, it does higher DPS due to having half the cooldown. There is no such "90% ArP soft cap," the only close thing that makes any sense is to say that the ArP hardcap becomes 90% if you are DPSing in battle stance (which you shouldn't).

Just forget I ever posted in this thread.

Nothing is ever truly gone on the internet :).

Link to EJ Warrior: Fury Compendium.
That's what I was looking for, thanks. I'd recommend those looking for insight into Fury DPS to check that guide out.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch