Doomguard

Dr. Who

Doomguard

#1 » Post by Dr. Who » 07 Sep 2011 01:14

does any lock here ever summoned it?
i would like to see it. ;) i only saw it 1 time in 1 BG on other server.
its the most powerfull pet lock can have and so sad people allwais forget it because some one have to die to summon it. well 1 die but he can be ressed and with the demon controled can be REALY boring to the Lock enemy. :lol:

here some inf i found about the demon :

Doomguard

Special Summon/Enslaved Very Powerful Demon
Requires: 1x Demonic Figurine, 1x Player Death OR Curse of Doom Proc (10% chance if target dies from curse)
Requires: Level 60

Like the Infernal, the Doomguard is a situational gimmick pet that will only be pulled out in special situations. After a lengthy quest to obtain it (or with Curse of Doom) you’ll find yourself with a very powerful but annoying pet. When summoned, it isn’t automatically enslaved, so you must manually enslave it (Curse of Shadows helps). Afterwards you get to battle with it as it constantly breaks free and attacks allies.

During the Ritual of Doom (the summoning process), you’ll need a total of five party members (yourself included) to activate a statue. When all five have activated the statue, one will randomly die and the Doomguard will spawn. If the person who died as the Warlock then that Warlock will need to use a soulstone or a REALLY quick rez to get back up and enslave the Doomguard. Otherwise, the Warlock will need to use “Curse of Shadow” on the Doomguard then use “Enslave Demon” to bring it under control. From here, they can control a rather spiffy pet with a very high attack power and lots of HP.

The Doomguard has four skills, Rain of Fire (kind of useless channeled AoE fire spell), Dispel (very useful, dispels debuffs), Cripple (very useful, snares an enemy and slows their attack), and War Stomp (same as the Tauren one but with a mana cost). It’s got a powerful attack, lots of defense, and lots of health. It’s also got a temper will enjoy breaking out of Enslave Demon to fight your party as well.

The only situations when a Doomguard is actually viable is either for fun or in well, for fun. If you have five party members, you’re going to be better off keeping all five alive and not having to worry about the Doomguard bothering you. There is one scenario where it’s useful, that is in PvP where you have one or two enemies and you’re willing to sacrifice one of your own to really make them mad. Summon the Doomguard, enslave it, then send it towards them. When it’s fighting them, let it go after gaining a lot of distance. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, it’ll continue fighting and killing them.

All in all, past novelty and fun situations the Doomguard is not to be relied on. Enslave Demon is flimsy at best and it breaking loose on you when you’re fighting a monster is the one situation you should want to avoid at all costs. Unless you want to take risks and use a fairly mediocre pet to fight with you for under 5 minutes, stick with your base pets.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

claptrap

Re: Doomguard

#2 » Post by claptrap » 07 Sep 2011 04:01

I've summoned it... it's glitched here. Does a 10 dmg melee attack. That's it.

Infernal isn't much better. Does about 100 dmg a melee swing, no fire aura. Does stun on impact when summoned though.

Peterpanda

#3 » Post by Peterpanda » 09 Sep 2011 04:13

ditto ^^

Hero_kris

#4 » Post by Hero_kris » 19 Dec 2012 14:40

This is a bit too late but where do you get the spell to summon a Doomguard - I have seen it but I dont have it on my lock?
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Kindzadza » 19 Dec 2012 14:41

Quest,quest xD Check wowwiki for details.

Arockalypse
Donor

#6 » Post by Arockalypse » 19 Dec 2012 15:09

Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Myaoming
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Myaoming » 19 Dec 2012 16:13

Damn that Cripple ability is so good!
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Hero_kris

#8 » Post by Hero_kris » 19 Dec 2012 17:46

OK guys thanks a lot!
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.