Rename Your Minion

AbdoMatrix

Rename Your Minion

#1 » Post by AbdoMatrix » 09 Jul 2011 04:31

Usually when u summon your new minion for the first time and it get a random name u may feel u dont like it or it seems stupid and gonna think u have to stick with for ever and have nothing to do about it , but thats all a CRAP! :shock:

So Who said u can never rename a warlock's minion ?
I came here to tell u that u certainly can and show u how :D

Well its pretty simple , all u have to do is to type

Code: Select all

/script PetAbandon()
while u have ur minion which u want to change its name already summoned and standing next to u

However the new name will be completely random as the minion's first summon ever and if dont like the new name u can do the same thing over and over untill u like or get bored ! :lol:

im not sure if this is a bug or not but i dont think the GMs will mind exploit it since its not harmless by anyway

P.S. this trick works with Death Knighs too

Enjoy

Gladstone

Re: Rename Your Minion

#2 » Post by Gladstone » 03 Oct 2011 07:14

hey gms is this allowed if so i might try it that sounds coolcause chuk-glud does not sound cool lol

Mithrandir

#3 » Post by Mithrandir » 03 Oct 2011 16:46

I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed. Doesn't give you any unfair advantage, just a little bit less dull name.
I'd say go ahead and try it, Challenger :)

Gladstone

#4 » Post by Gladstone » 05 Oct 2011 07:36

ok thank you im gonna deffinatly try it anyone know if it works with hunter pets if you later want to change the name you gave them?

Mithrandir

#5 » Post by Mithrandir » 05 Oct 2011 11:45

Ghehe, I wouldn't do that. You will lose your pet.
Since hunters have to ability to rename their pet to whatever they want, they also have the following: http://old.wowhead.com/item=43850, made by a scribe: http://old.wowhead.com/spell=59387 .
I think that's much easier :) Do note the 7 days cooldown, by the way.

Gladstone

#6 » Post by Gladstone » 05 Oct 2011 19:46

wow thats awesome now im gonna find a scribe lol ty so much