Demo Spec similar to old vanilla DS/Ruin

diablokls

Demo Spec similar to old vanilla DS/Ruin

#1 » Post by diablokls » 21 Nov 2016 00:22

Hey guys!

I am new here, but plan on doing demonology all the way through. I built a spec for the level 60 content that is similar to the old DS/ruin of vanilla.

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talentcal ... ,0&realm=p

Basic rotation would be shadow bolt spam with succubus out. You could also keep up dots, although I am not sure how efficient that would be.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated! I know it is probably less optimal than affliction, however I think that it could be viable.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Demo Spec similar to old vanilla DS/Ruin

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 26 Nov 2016 04:36

Let us know if it works out. One of the cool things about this server is that a lot of the traditional models from the era's doesn't really apply, so experimentation can pay off.

However, I think you're using an outdated view of how a Warlock will play in raids. The debuff limit isn't as crippling, so you will use a curse, Corruption, and Immolation. All three do more damage per cast time than a shadow bolt and scale better so there's no reason not to use them. Also, felhunter is by far the best pet at 60 regardless of spec. Keep that in mind if you were thinking about using and imp or succubus with this spec.

If you're looking for a more demonology heavy spec, one that I used for a while as an off-spec and one I still see occasionally is the "support spec" for when you're asked to use an imp in raids for the aura. Its not great for damage, but it will provide a boosted imp buff and the Mana Feed talent will mean you can actually use the imp's attacks without him OOMing so fast. It usually looks something like this with a couple free points to move around as you like.

Good luck!
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick