PvP trinket for Destruction Warlock

spectralzenith

PvP trinket for Destruction Warlock

#1 » Post by spectralzenith » 30 Aug 2016 10:31

Hi, several days ago I asked in the world chat which trinket is best without counting Medallion of the Horde and I was told that Charred Twilight Scale (Halion 25 Heroic) is the best choise. I don't have much PvP experience with Warlocks so I'm wondering if there is a trinket that is a good alternative of Charred Twilight Scale. It doesn't have to be for DPS, I also welcome additional survivability and utility. So which trinkets are worthy for PvP and are easier to get?
Last edited by spectralzenith on 30 Aug 2016 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

Fastor

Re: PvP trinket for Destruction Warlock

#2 » Post by Fastor » 30 Aug 2016 10:52

CTShc>DFOhc>CTSn>PNLhc>DFOn>PNLn>SpyglassHC>RotDhc>SpyglassN>RotDn>(Battletrinkets/Eye of Broodmother/Abbysal Rune)

spectralzenith

#3 » Post by spectralzenith » 30 Aug 2016 11:05

Fastor wrote:CTShc>DFOhc>CTSn>PNLhc>DFOn>PNLn>SpyglassHC>RotDhc>SpyglassN>RotDn>(Battletrinkets/Eye of Broodmother/Abbysal Rune)
Thank you for the comprehensive list of trinkets (I had to google some acronyms but I found the trinkets :D) and they are too proccy. Isn't there a risk that I will be MC-ed or silenced during the duration of the procs? I have a trinket that gives stable spell power and restores mana (so I don't have to use Life Tap to fill my small mana pool). Is that a bad choice? Are there any good trinkets for utility, or the haste from the trinkets you listed is the best utility? Sorry if I'm asking too much. :D

Wilcox

#4 » Post by Wilcox » 30 Aug 2016 11:08

there are a few alternatives for CTS in my opinion.

1) abyssal rune from ToC5n - this is literally a nerfed CTS, same stats and same proc, just lower amounts.
2) sundial of the exiled from EoH vendor - same as abyssal rune but fairly easier to get, and it has crit instead of haste
3) dislodged foreign object from Rotface 25 n/hc - this isn't really good for pvp due to getting the full effect at the end of the proc, but it's still a decent one to go with due to the high haste it provides.

I don't recommend spyglass at all, you're much better off with abyssal / sundial

you can try reign of the undead from ToC anub'arak 25n/hc, that trinket is pretty badass too for single target casters

for survival I can think of only one trinket, the key from EoF vendor. it provides shitloads of health and a 6k~ shield on use. that's really fucking good.

other than that, you could go for bauble of true blood from blood queen lana'thel 25 n/hc, however this might prove to be very challenging to get as literally everyone wants it

happy hunting

edit;
spectralzenith wrote:
Fastor wrote:CTShc>DFOhc>CTSn>PNLhc>DFOn>PNLn>SpyglassHC>RotDhc>SpyglassN>RotDn>(Battletrinkets/Eye of Broodmother/Abbysal Rune)
Thank you for the comprehensive list of trinkets (I had to google some acronyms but I found the trinkets :D) and they are too proccy. Isn't there a risk that I will be MC-ed or silenced during the duration of the procs? I have a trinket that gives stable spell power and restores mana (so I don't have to use Life Tap to fill my small mana pool). Is that a bad choice? Are there any good trinkets for utility, or the haste from the trinkets you listed is the best utility? Sorry if I'm asking too much. :D

to answer your question, i would prefer using life tap instead. trinkets are such a big part of the game and mana regen is really the last thing you need considering you could get haste instead, the difference you'd have by casting 1 fewer life tap and the difference you'd have by casting 1 more chaos bolt/incinerate on your target is actually pretty fucking huge

there is always the risk of being silenced/mc'ed/interrupted/stunned really, every class in the game has a way of stopping you from what you're trying to do, you're just going to have to learn how to live with it

spectralzenith

#5 » Post by spectralzenith » 30 Aug 2016 11:21

Alright, then maybe I will go with the key if I get the EoFs. TYVM

Wilcox

#6 » Post by Wilcox » 30 Aug 2016 11:29

one more thing I'm a shit warlock and you can surely ask some of the better players for better information, just saying, don't blame me if you think your EoF was wasted :c

spectralzenith

#7 » Post by spectralzenith » 30 Aug 2016 11:37

Haha NP, there isn't much I can get with emblems anyway.

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Aug 2016 11:38

Haste makes everything easier in PvP. With long casting time, you will find yourself often unable to cast due to interrupts, at least if some death knight or warrior sits on you. There's no point in being able to survive 1-2 seconds longer with the key-trinket if you don't get to do anything.

Grab all the haste you can get and just focus on being a utility for the team (CC with fear, banish and pets), rather than raw damage output. That way you and your team should have an easier time surviving. Whenever you see someone you can gimp (someone with low hp or no absorbs), you give him the standard destruction burst combo to take the kill.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

keez
Donor

#9 » Post by keez » 30 Aug 2016 11:48

Well the answer is a little bit more complicated than just listing all the BiS trinkets.
It really depends on what comp you play in arena, do you even play arena or just bgs and also depends on your current gear.
Looking at your char on the armory I saw you have around 1050 resilience which is kinda low so I guess some survivability would be needed.
Personally, I prefer battlemaster trinket with haste, over the EoF key trinket but there are some situations where key is better.
If you have EoF to spare do buy the key trinket because you might need it eventually (its very good vs warriors in duels and arena).
If you are playing arena with a ele shaman or a healer you dont really need survivability trinkets, you can just go with a dmg trinket, and the best ones for that are DFO and Scale.
Considering your haste is around 500 which is kinda low I would suggest going with battlemaster haste trinket for now and look to change your hit cloack to a haste cloack if you can get hit from somewhere else.
Having a hit cloack and neck you lose a lot of haste so look to change that and maybe get a hit rating enchant on your gloves.
Also I noticed your glyphs are kinda bad for destro pvp, you have to get Glyph of Conflagrate and if you like playing with succubus you can also get Glyph of Succubus, if you dont tho you can choose between Glyph of Chaos Bolt or Glyph of Immolate, Glyph of Shadowflame you have so thats ok its what you are supposed to use, but yea change the other two and you're good to go!
If you have any more questions you can send me a PM :)