[PW] Destruction Warlock overview

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

[PW] Destruction Warlock overview

#1 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 03 Aug 2016 13:22

Here's a discussion of my off-spec: 3/11/37. Does anyone else use a destro off spec? I'm interested to see if anyone has a PVE Destro spec they like.

[youtube]RmYY5XQhcTg[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/RmYY5XQhcTg
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Grashopa

Re: [PW] Destruction Warlock overview

#2 » Post by Grashopa » 04 Aug 2016 01:34

I tried to but you told me not to haha.

I just followed your other build... i am not much of a threory crafter. I just conform. I do look forward to checking this out when i get a chance though.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 04 Aug 2016 04:43

This would not be a great primary talent spec. Its my off-spec, as opposed to a purely pvp, affli/demo one.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 08 Dec 2016 02:09

Update in Naxx:

[youtube]M8oPa3iwHAs[/youtube]

Viperkun

#5 » Post by Viperkun » 27 Apr 2017 17:00

@Fitzpatrick Hi there, I just kicked off a new Warlock to level up going into the TBC update on Primal and was wondering how you were feeling about Destro with the upcoming changes. I watched your overall class vid on youtube for the upcoming update and you talk a little about warlock updates but still have affliction list as the top dog spec. Has the gap between the 2 specs closed a bit making Destro viable vs. Affliction as a main PvE spec? I'm asking from the view of a casual, new to the class player looking to just get into a casual guild and have a fun time running dungeons and raids without too much stress involved in hitting the top of the DPS charts.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 28 Apr 2017 01:33

Viperkun wrote:
27 Apr 2017 17:00
@Fitzpatrick Hi there, I just kicked off a new Warlock to level up going into the TBC update on Primal and was wondering how you were feeling about Destro with the upcoming changes. I watched your overall class vid on youtube for the upcoming update and you talk a little about warlock updates but still have affliction list as the top dog spec. Has the gap between the 2 specs closed a bit making Destro viable vs. Affliction as a main PvE spec? I'm asking from the view of a casual, new to the class player looking to just get into a casual guild and have a fun time running dungeons and raids without too much stress involved in hitting the top of the DPS charts.
I was planning to make a video soon, but having played with it a bit:
Destro was fun and good for running through 5-mans. Shadowfury was quite good for saving your ass when you pull aggro from AEing (which will happen a lot at 70). The mana issues aren't a problems as you can sit and drink when needed. That being said, it won't compare in raids to Affliction. I anticipate it being an odd-PVP spec or 5-mans spec in TBC. However, if you're not interested in the affliction playstyle there is a demo/destro hybrid fire build that works very well at 70 and is only so slightly behind affliction.

Viperkun

#7 » Post by Viperkun » 28 Apr 2017 03:08

Fitzpatrick wrote:
28 Apr 2017 01:33
I was planning to make a video soon, but having played with it a bit:
Destro was fun and good for running through 5-mans. Shadowfury was quite good for saving your ass when you pull aggro from AEing (which will happen a lot at 70). The mana issues aren't a problems as you can sit and drink when needed. That being said, it won't compare in raids to Affliction. I anticipate it being an odd-PVP spec or 5-mans spec in TBC. However, if you're not interested in the affliction playstyle there is a demo/destro hybrid fire build that works very well at 70 and is only so slightly behind affliction.
Thank you for your insight and also for your videos! They are very informative and have helped in my decision making process on Prime. I wouldn't say i'm not interested so much as I am intimidated by the Affliction playstyle :lol:
I watched this video, [YouTube]yFErn63xqXE[/YouTube], on the rotation and thought process going into the TBC content and it felt quite a bit more complex and stressful then what I was looking to do with the time that I have to play. I figure that with enough practice and training on the skills / spells and rotation that it would be quite rewarding to play it but i'm looking to start off with a build spec that's got a quicker learning curve. Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy DOT's and the mechanics behind the warlock class and having a pet that can help makes solo / leveling much more viable for me so I like that as well. I would definitely be interested in checking out the demo/destro hybrid fire build that you've mentioned, it sounds very interesting!