Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - delayed

Botmaster5
Donor

Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - delayed

#1 » Post by Botmaster5 » 30 Jul 2015 22:46

**removed**

It appears that this particular server, even though its supposedly in patch 1.5, is currently running custom gear drops and all the items have been updated to wotlk stats (ie turban doesnt drop until patch 1.10, belt from brd arena is a shitty green in 1.5 and not the awesome blue belt with spell hit and damage)

So until i figure out top from bottom for this server, ive redacted my guide
Last edited by Guest on 31 Jul 2015 16:14, edited 3 times in total.
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

Amalizzy

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide

#2 » Post by Amalizzy » 30 Jul 2015 22:54

Even for copy paste vanilla guide this is just bad... sorry...

Relevant

#3 » Post by Relevant » 30 Jul 2015 23:11

Amalizzy wrote:Even for copy paste vanilla guide this is just bad... sorry...
+1 on this.

I can't really comment on the end game section, as it's been many years since I've played a lock at end game and don't really remember much.

The leveling section is pretty awful imo. Going into demo at level 17 just seems like the worst possible usage of your talent points. Why not just go straight to SL and start drain tanking. I don't even really need to use my VW at this point. I just dot up one guy, then move on to the next, and chain pull for days. When my mana starts getting low, I'll need to life tap, then drain up, but it's a pretty continuous flow. I can't really say how many I can pull at once, because I leave a continuous trail of corpses.

One thing that could be added is that Necrosis can handle the soul shard capping.

Here's a spec that I just made up on the fly. I'm sure it's not perfect, but it seems like a better idea just going straight for SL to activate infinite pull mode:
http://www.primalwow.org/talent-calcula ... MAoVZZEc0q

Botmaster5
Donor

#4 » Post by Botmaster5 » 30 Jul 2015 23:40

Amalizzy wrote:Even for copy paste vanilla guide this is just bad... sorry...
Thanks for your comment. Although I'm going to have to disagree with you, even though you present nothing of substance

Yes, this is copy/paste, from my own thread on the Nostalrius warlock class forum. It is the best possible build path with the least downtime there is, period. "Drain tanking" is slow and inefficient.

The object of the game is to keep the highest possible kills per hour as possible. Now on the 1x, 1.12 client I'm currently playing on, it is possible to grind certain areas and have it be way more rewarding then questing. Somethings I've noticed already is the xp comes in faster on this server.
Relevant wrote:I can't really comment on the end game section, as it's been many years since I've played a lock at end game and don't really remember much.
This is not an end game guide. This is a guide for the fastest, and most efficient way to PvE grind to 60. The reason you go 8 points into demo for imp VW is because you will start ripping aggro off him without it. Also, the repeated use of an imp healthstone on cooldown is one of the best ways to keep yourself going. As you always get more health out of them than mana, and they can crit heal.

Amalizzy

#5 » Post by Amalizzy » 31 Jul 2015 00:13

You'll also notice the talent difference once you hit level 10. :D
Also, bis preraid gear is way off, no offense but you should experience server at fullest before you make a guide,
that's the main reason i'm not making one yet, with so many changes every raid we had so far was way too different.
As far as i can see this guide doesn't belong here.

.landgin

#6 » Post by .landgin » 31 Jul 2015 15:09

I'd say about 90% of this thread is outdated, and flat wrong, even for vanilla. Even the preraid, while outdated, is very wrong. No mention of turbine? no soul harvester? darkmoon faire neck? Arena belt?

Anyways, about half the talents you listed dont exist anymore or work the way you think they do.

Level 31 - In Search of Menara Voidrender - quest for Enchanted Gold Bloodrobe that can last you well into your 50s. IF this last you that long, your warlocking wrong. Robes of power are much better.

And im curious, what raid lets you put subpar dots such as syphon life and CoA on content with debuff limits? 0.o

Botmaster5
Donor

#7 » Post by Botmaster5 » 31 Jul 2015 16:13

landgin wrote:And im curious, what raid lets you put subpar dots such as syphon life and CoA on content with debuff limits? 0.o
What part of "this is/was a pve grind guide to 60" did you not understand?

.landgin

#8 » Post by .landgin » 31 Jul 2015 16:21

Botmaster5 wrote:
landgin wrote:And im curious, what raid lets you put subpar dots such as syphon life and CoA on content with debuff limits? 0.o
What part of "this is/was a pve grind guide to 60" did you not understand?
The part where you started discussing raiding specs.

Relevant

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - delayed

#9 » Post by Relevant » 31 Jul 2015 19:48

Botmaster5 wrote:its supposedly in patch 1.5
Nope
Botmaster5 wrote:is currently running custom gear drops
Nope

Sorry, didn't mean to be so harsh on you. I do appreciate the effort you put into it, even though it was for a different patch. We're all still trying to figure out what's the most optional with this in-between content that's sort of wrath and sort of vanilla. It will probably take some time and some people much smarter than myself to figure out the most optimal setup for this situation.