How are Warlock bugs here?

Hawksley

How are Warlock bugs here?

#1 » Post by Hawksley » 04 Oct 2015 13:32

Hi all

Would like to roll a lock here and was wondering how they are in terms of bugs lately? Looking through the forum it seems there have been problems with pet damage? Is that fixed now and are there any other major problems with them?

Many thanks

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: How are Warlock bugs here?

#3 » Post by Hansrutger » 04 Oct 2015 13:35

Probably something with pets. Many servers have pet issues in one way or another.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 04 Oct 2015 14:36

Ah, you need bugtracker account, its made on bottom left part of this page http://www.truewow.org/account-manager

testeromir

#5 » Post by testeromir » 04 Oct 2015 15:30

I do not know what do you intend to play PvE or PvP (or both :D), so I will try to efficiently summarize things.

Pets are bugged both in PvP and PvE. I am not quite sure what exactly is bugged in PvE, but felguard damage isn't what it should be, resulting in imp being better choice for demo lock. I suspect that something in pet stat scaling with master stats is bad.
There is quite annoying bug in pvp and pve which is next: after u dismount, most of the pet spells are enabled to autocast BUT on pet action bar it looks like they arent, and when u go into demon spellbook u will see that they are. U can solve this with double right-clicking on spell. Still this bug is so annoying both in pvp and pve. For instance I once wiped raid in rs25hc because I forgot about that bug and my felhunter dispeled combustion in the middle of the raid. Its also bad for bgs, each time u dismount u need to double right click on devour magic, or spell lock, else pet will spam it like retard. Another bug is in dueling, when u put pet to stay, and u use some ability manually (be it any pet and any spell, seduce, spell lock etc.) pet sometimes just decide to go through the wall or floor and disapear from you. And last annoying bug (for me its funny, but ppl are annoyed ;) ), is that if ur fel inteligence pet spell is on autocast and u have intelect buff from mage or spirit buff from priest in the raid, pet start spaming it like retard which makes lot of same annoying sound. Same goes with imp hp buff if u have war hp buff. Thats about pets.

Now, felguard is not as powerfull as it should be but there is one positive bug which balances it. Soul fire cast time is calculated wrongly under decimation effect. Decimation should make Soul Fire base cast time 2,4 sec, here it makes 1,6 sec making demo and hybrid locks OP.

Afliction works as intended, and despite Soul Fire bugs, with proper gear and playing outshines demo/hybrids.

Destro is more or less ok. I do not know about any bugs there. I may have missed it.

I hope I was helpful, and I hope this server will get 1 more lock, cause we need them :D
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Hawksley

#6 » Post by Hawksley » 04 Oct 2015 18:18

testeromir wrote:I do not know what do you intend to play PvE or PvP (or both :D), so I will try to efficiently summarize things.

Pets are bugged both in PvP and PvE. I am not quite sure what exactly is bugged in PvE, but felguard damage isn't what it should be, resulting in imp being better choice for demo lock. I suspect that something in pet stat scaling with master stats is bad.
There is quite annoying bug in pvp and pve which is next: after u dismount, most of the pet spells are enabled to autocast BUT on pet action bar it looks like they arent, and when u go into demon spellbook u will see that they are. U can solve this with double right-clicking on spell. Still this bug is so annoying both in pvp and pve. For instance I once wiped raid in rs25hc because I forgot about that bug and my felhunter dispeled combustion in the middle of the raid. Its also bad for bgs, each time u dismount u need to double right click on devour magic, or spell lock, else pet will spam it like retard. Another bug is in dueling, when u put pet to stay, and u use some ability manually (be it any pet and any spell, seduce, spell lock etc.) pet sometimes just decide to go through the wall or floor and disapear from you. And last annoying bug (for me its funny, but ppl are annoyed ;) ), is that if ur fel inteligence pet spell is on autocast and u have intelect buff from mage or spirit buff from priest in the raid, pet start spaming it like retard which makes lot of same annoying sound. Same goes with imp hp buff if u have war hp buff. Thats about pets.

Now, felguard is not as powerfull as it should be but there is one positive bug which balances it. Soul fire cast time is calculated wrongly under decimation effect. Decimation should make Soul Fire base cast time 2,4 sec, here it makes 1,6 sec making demo and hybrid locks OP.

Afliction works as intended, and despite Soul Fire bugs, with proper gear and playing outshines demo/hybrids.

Destro is more or less ok. I do not know about any bugs there. I may have missed it.

I hope I was helpful, and I hope this server will get 1 more lock, cause we need them :D
Yes, that's very helpful, thank you:) Some of those pet related bugs do sound fairly annoying. I wasn't planning on going full demo so the felguard one isn't too bad for me really. The one about dismounting does sound very annoying, has this been around for a long time? I will give it a go anyway and do what you suggest for dealing with this, I do like to do battlegrounds so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for your reply:)

testeromir

#7 » Post by testeromir » 04 Oct 2015 18:26

That dismount bug is present for quite a long, honestly dunno how much time exactly.

And nps :)
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Hawksley

#8 » Post by Hawksley » 04 Oct 2015 19:23

I just picked up life tap and was surprised to see how much health it took off, I've recently been playing on a vanilla server where the health used is much lower and the full amount is converted to hp. Here it is 78 health for 26 mana, was it like that in Wotlk?

testeromir

#9 » Post by testeromir » 05 Oct 2015 12:05

Life Tap was always like that at least here. I have only played this patch so far, and only on this server, so I don't know how was it in vanilla or wotlk on retail. I got used to it that life tap is more or less useless, it can be useful when u need some urgent mana to finish the mob, but after it u will need to drink to get HP, so I didn't use it quite a lot becuase it makes a downtime. I guess u will need to w8 till dark pact :D
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Hawksley

#10 » Post by Hawksley » 05 Oct 2015 13:34

Open Wow has it listed as 27 health for 27 mana.

http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=1454#see-also-ability

I was s bit surprised when I used it and almost half my health disappeared :shock:

testeromir

#11 » Post by testeromir » 05 Oct 2015 16:01

U should post that in the bugtracker then I guess.
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan