Resto Spec? [Primal]

bludevil75

Resto Spec? [Primal]

#1 » Post by bludevil75 » 12 May 2016 04:14

Just curious about what the best resto spec is for level 60. I know for druids they spec away from Resto in order to have better Mp5. Is it the same for reso Shamans?

Glonz

Re: Resto Spec? [Primal]

#2 » Post by Glonz » 12 May 2016 05:23

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talentcal ... ,0&realm=p

^ This is a general resto shaman healing spec that I made in less than two minutes. Does not include support or anything, just something to start out with.

As resto shaman, you would definitely want to get the talent deep down in the restoration tree, which is Mana Tide. Very powerful cooldown, especially with how healing is on Primal.

There can be differences in specs though, depending on support (take the talent "Enhancing Totems" as an example).

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 12 May 2016 06:18

Balance has a lot of benefits for healers that elemental doesnt. On my shaman, I use a ele/resto hybrid spec for pvp, but your throughput is just too low to make the mana regen talent worth investing that much into Ele for a pve spec and the loss of MTT really hurts your fellow raid healers.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

bludevil75

#4 » Post by bludevil75 » 12 May 2016 17:36

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know that going resto is a good spec. How is the healing output compared to the other healing classes?

kurthos

#5 » Post by kurthos » 12 May 2016 18:52

Incredible depending on itemization. I currently raid as a Shaman using the T1 5/8 piece set bonus which results in a heavy Heal Per Second, especially on tank damage heavy encounters. Resto shaman are incredibly competitive when compared to Druid, Priest, Paladin counterparts.

There are three primary specs you should play in PvE:

2/2 Guardian Totems 1/3 Improved Shields for the increased armor from Stoneskin totem,
3/3 Improved Shields for the increased mana gain from the Improved Mana Shield talent in the resto tree
3/3 Enhancing totems 0/3 Improved shields for the gains on Strength of Earth totem.

You can check my Shaman here http://www.truewow.org/armory/character ... oz&realm=p

I currently have two of those three specs as my dual/main spec.