Shaman Spec Viability

Zed_Faction

Shaman Spec Viability

#1 » Post by Zed_Faction » 20 Aug 2015 08:27

Given the structure of Primal WoW with the WotLK engine capped at 60 (which is an idea I really approve of), my knowledge of viability in all the 28 specs is a bit moot, since it comes from retail. Since I was primarily thinking of rolling either a Shaman or a Warlock, I was wondering how the different specs work in end game at the moment? The reason I am wondering about Shamans and not Warlocks is simply the fact that Warlock will be ranged dps no matter which spec I end up selecting (one of them is bound to be viable) whereas for Shaman the three specs' roles differ more; melee dps, ranged dps or healing. I do not care that much which Shaman spec is the most viable for end game, I could play any of them, but I would like to know so that I can practice its play style from early levels without. If I could pick anything, I would go Enhancement > Restoration > Elemental. If Enhancement is reasonably close in damage (or simply its utility) to the other classes I will go for it. I am not looking to choose the most efficient class, I just don't want to do half the job I could do with another one. ;)

Any input is appreciated!

.landgin

Re: Shaman Spec Viability

#2 » Post by .landgin » 20 Aug 2015 23:45

Shamans do about 600 dps as enhancement. We had a warlock do over 1k did on a boss in mc last night and averaged around 900. They aren't close in dps at all.

Zed_Faction

#3 » Post by Zed_Faction » 21 Aug 2015 00:57

Sad to hear that, but it is understandable.

How about Restoration? Have you got any information on it?

Tweaker

#4 » Post by Tweaker » 21 Aug 2015 01:18

Don't listen to him, you don't have to class stack OP stuff there will always be some specs that do more dps than others and I know if you try you can get into a guild as any spec you want :P and resto shamans are great heals
besides, 600 dps isn't too far behind.

Zed_Faction

#5 » Post by Zed_Faction » 23 Aug 2015 16:12

I know that, of course. I just wanted to know what, if I went for Enhancement Shaman, I was heading into. Simply so I don't think I am a bad player when pulling comparatively lower numbers.

Besides, if Restoration Shaman are great, even just acceptable healers, I could into a guild saying that I would like to main Enhancement when possible but that I can keep a Restoration off spec. if that is more needed.