Enhancement Shamans PVP Questions

Universe

Enhancement Shamans PVP Questions

#1 » Post by Universe » 02 Mar 2011 23:20

I wanted to know as general INFO..

What are the important stats for A Enchancement Shaman in PVP ??
Is stacking haste a good thing, is armor pen good as enhancement shaman, or pure AP is good? or Pure Agility with stam better?

Osyris

Re: Enhancement Shamans PVP Questions

#2 » Post by Osyris » 03 Mar 2011 17:05

Stack hit until pvp spell hit cap reached(I read somewhere 6% for spells and 5% on melee would be a good number to aim for), spell penetration 75 to negate shocks getting resisted due to nature resistance(Mark of the wild), crit roughly around 30% unbuffed and rest agil or pure ap when possible. It seems haste become better than ap after higher gear levels but imo haste is more of a pve stat. And idk whether arpen works on private servers.This is according to my (limited) understanding of the class and hope it helps :)

Stryke

#3 » Post by Stryke » 03 Mar 2011 17:09

You need to remember that shamans no matter the spec are mainly melee magical damage. Armor Penetration isn't a good stat for shamans in general. Otherwise Osyris has a good general idea of what you need.

Universe

#4 » Post by Universe » 04 Mar 2011 18:36

Thank you guys from the understanding by you guys as well as my research i have found out:-

In PVP:- Agility, Stamina, Haste, Spell pen, Int is important.
In PvE:- Raw AP is a must after certan agility, Haste, & Hit.

So thanks guys now i know ARP is not that good of a stats as a enhancement shaman still i see that 30-40% of enhancement damage comes from Melee, Windfury. since windfury is counted as a physcial damage.. it could make a nice different if i keep a little ArP..

ribbaribbahey

#5 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 05 Jul 2011 23:23

Well, it depends on what u use ur enha spec for. sadly if you go Agi, u will crit often but hitting like a girl. I was stacking Agi but it doesnt give the stats i wanted: u will add a 3-4% dodge socketing and enchanting +agi, and at this point , to make it have any sense , u will be forced to take anticipation x3. Now, enhancement in arena can't fit with any healer...because u cant take down a good healer alone and u will finish your mana pretty fast...so u have to team with a dps. With agi you increased your survivability against meleers, but you sacrifyed a lot of dps, expecially against runners, casters. This is why im moving to pure AP other than spell penetration...75 is enought imo because the platers and the mailers havent got any resistance so u go heavy with spells, and with clothies u will hit hard by melee, using yuor spells to keep them near

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Osyris

#6 » Post by Osyris » 06 Jul 2011 11:32

1 point of agi equals to 1 ap (plus increased crit, more flurry uptime, more spelldmg due to ap to spelldmg conversion talent) so more agi means more dps. however, when gemming its a good idea to gem for pure AP instead of agi, cuz as per the current itemization the ap given by the agi gems falls behind that of the pure ap gems. Also I've noticed that most of the opponents go for the shammy first, so its a good idea to get more resil.
And about the suitable arena partners for enh I would go with BM hunter for 2v2 or bm + holy pal for 3v3(this setup is called the beastcleave and was one of the dominating comps of that time) and btw Universe no longer plays here nor he is enhancement ;)

ribbaribbahey

#7 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 06 Jul 2011 18:07

Yes it was in TBC.. now BM has fallen into uselessness: when BW has come to the end you can only beg for mercy (i used to be BM hunter in retail and i had to change spec in 3.1)
I can confirm that if u play with every other class but a lock they go on you, so u must have a good tank shield to use at the beginning (to avoid to be nuked in stunlocks). As i said agi doesnt help that much, most of the classes can diminish your dodge to an useless ammount just with their talents... so to make it work u must take anticipation, but this lowers your dps a lot!
Enhas has got nice burst and awesome interrupts, but a crappy CC and no heal reduction...so i guess a good rogue could fit perfectly, but i never tested it...

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

ribbaribbahey

#8 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 23 Feb 2012 00:34

All i wrote here 7 months ago are a bit messy, check my guide to have the ultimake answers.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide