Rogue dps bugged?

cyberjumper
Donor

Rogue dps bugged?

#1 » Post by cyberjumper » 27 Jan 2013 09:20

Hey guys! Been playing a rogue for a very long time now and been mostly pve orientated.

Just wanted to check if rogues are currently bugged on truewow in terms of dps output. Cos according to retail rogue are suppose to have one of he highest pve dps in wotlk. But right now despite gearing up it seems that i keep getting out dpsed by other classes with same or similar gearscore as me.

Been looking around and noticed that many people on molten have complained and stated that rogue dps is bugged, so I was wondering if it was the same
on truewow. I've looked around on the forum and it seems that no one has brought this up yet. Is there really a problem? If there is it would be quite bad for the pve prospects of a rogue as our main selling point should be our high dps as we really don't bring much other benefits to the raid like buffs or whatnot besides ToT.

Any other rogues with this problem? I mean when I see other rogues in raids with high gear score they also seem to have trouble coming out on top in terms of dps, so I don't think it's a problem with my rotation or technique or it would mean we all really suck at using rogue.

Anyone got any idea?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: Rogue dps bugged?

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 27 Jan 2013 09:44

Let me guess...Dks,paladins and warriors outdps you,right? Well that's it because those classes have bugs on their own,but in a good way.

Rogues were Top1 once when the talent [Relentless Strikes] was bugged and was restoring 50 energy instead of 25. :d

Folkk

#3 » Post by Folkk » 27 Jan 2013 10:35

Kindzadza wrote:Let me guess...Dks,paladins and warriors outdps you,right? Well that's it because those classes have bugs on their own,but in a good way.

This and T10 4 Set Bonus not working which is a big deal

Maybe this will help https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/4153
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Nyaneve

#4 » Post by Nyaneve » 27 Jan 2013 12:42

There could be a variety of issues, Molten isn't exactly a reliable source since they have a lot of custom fixes. My rogue on molten used to pull nearly 10-14k DPS (with 6.1k gs) in most of the fights. I don't have a rogue here, so can't vouch for that.
As for warriors, DKs and paladins, warriors and DKs had always been high grossing melee DPS specs on retail during this patch. Paladins were much lower on the charts in retail, so I'm guessing there must be some solid bugs that work for them.
The T10 4p isn't much of a big deal, Assassination specced rogues don't need it due to the nature of envenom. IIRC clipping 1 sec of the envenom buff is a DPS loss of about 60 or so. It could be an issue for Combat rogues, as eviscerate doesn't provide any additional buff.

Martynas

#5 » Post by Martynas » 27 Jan 2013 13:49

Yesterday I did 11k dps to festergut in ICC 25n with 5.6k gs and I think it is quite alright :)
Last edited by Guest on 27 Jan 2013 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

cyberjumper
Donor

Rogue dps bugged?

#6 » Post by cyberjumper » 27 Jan 2013 13:50

Thx for the info guys. Yup, know bout those 3 classes being OP cos of bugs. Yup know bout relentless strikes but doesn't really affect me in pve cos I'm combat. On the point of eviscervate, I've heard stuff here and there bout it being bugged but can anyone confirm this? Annndd the t10 set is really no big deal as the 2pc bonus is phenomenally better than 4pc and not many rogues get 4pc anyway on this server as its not really better over using non-armour set gear.

So back to the matter: can I safely say that rogues are churning out the amount of dps that they should, and they are not coming out near the top due to the 3 bugged classes? Or are there any problems still?

Usually I churn out 12-14k dps with 6k gs on static fights such as DBS and festergut. Just so u guys get a rough gauge where I'm coming from.
Last edited by cyberjumper on 27 Jan 2013 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

cyberjumper
Donor

Rogue dps bugged?

#7 » Post by cyberjumper » 27 Jan 2013 13:53

Yup usually I churn out 12-14k dps with 6k gs on static fights such as DBS and festergut. Just so u guys get a rough gauge where I'm coming from.

cyberjumper
Donor

Rogue dps bugged?

#8 » Post by cyberjumper » 27 Jan 2013 13:55

Yup usually I churn out 12-14k dps with 6k gs on static fights such as DBS and festergut. Just so u guys get a rough gauge where I'm coming from.

Nyaneve

#9 » Post by Nyaneve » 27 Jan 2013 13:58

Martynas wrote:Yesterday I did 11k dps in ICC 25n with 5.6k gs and I think it is quite alright :)
My point exactly. I believe that its not a rogue's DPS that is low, but that other classes are doing more DPS than they are supposed to. Assassination rogues won't be able to cross 17k-ish DPS even if they tried, and I expect Combat rogues wont be able to cross 23k-ish (in full BiS with the actual ICC buff as of 3.3.5a OFC). I've personally seen a Combat guildie of mine on Molten pull 22k.
Fact of the matter (if you're only comparing burst) - Assassination DPS has no 'epic burst iwin button' like Avenging Wrath, Dancing Rune Weapon, Recklessness, Ebon Gargolye, Beastial Wrath etc. The list is endless. Even if you compare it with Combat, which has Adrenaline Rush, Blade Flurry and Killing Spree, they simply cannot burst, and have to settle for gross DPS, or pray that the RnG gods favour them and make all their trinkets and enchants proc at the same time.
@ cyberjumper - Pls edit if you want to add-on, less scrolling down to do. BTW double post also.

Vaen

#10 » Post by Vaen » 27 Jan 2013 16:03

Ok I'll be straight and point you out to some bugs which change a lot of classes' DPS, causing the "retail list of top dps" to be much different than on trinity core: lotp stacks with rampage, blessing of sanctuary's +10% str and +10% sta stacks with bok's, several damage increasing effects are increasing character sheet weapon damage range instead of only increasing damage resulting after calculations, causing several spells to benefit from sheet damage increase and from damage increase itself, and several others more, including some for casters with spells that proc from other spells (ignite, druid t10 bonus etc) that I haven't had the time or will to confirm. I've overlooked some other major bugs; all in all, this makes not only DPS from each class vary from what they were in retail, but also causes aberrations such as several strength items being better than agility items for fury warriors whereas in retail this would not be the case.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

cyberjumper
Donor

#11 » Post by cyberjumper » 27 Jan 2013 16:18

Oops sorry pressed twice on second post!. Is there a way to delete post?

I see... Ok thanks all! Hope trinity fixes the rest of uber bugs rogue soon so we can keep up =D

Nyaneve

#12 » Post by Nyaneve » 28 Jan 2013 03:30

Not once someone has posted after you :lol:
Before that the edit option has a delete option too.

hogfather

#13 » Post by hogfather » 06 Jul 2013 03:54

hey guys. we just moved here, and by "we" I mean GC
the prob there was that from one of the top of the dps list my rogue became mediocre dps in a snap, I`m combat specced with 6k gs. and I can`t do more than 9k on a static fight (without bursts), actualy it`s more often lower than 8k than higher. I have the same question as cyberjumper, ther`s got to be smt wrong with rogs, just don`t know why and what, but however, rogues tend to be one of the overloocked classess in the game.

Martynas

#14 » Post by Martynas » 06 Jul 2013 08:55

You're doing something wrong I suppose...

hogfather

#15 » Post by hogfather » 06 Jul 2013 18:06

well, can`t do much wrong dpsing with rogue. I do it as it should be done, dunno .. if ther`s smt hidden of the eyes of the comon players ... but as far as I know that`s the way to do it