PvP Combat

Jedini

PvP Combat

#1 » Post by Jedini » 20 Feb 2012 00:20

Yeah, I know. How many times have you heard of this and laughed? Well, I plan to make the perfect PvP combat spec. At the moment, I'm just experimenting so this isn't final: http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0000000000 When the time comes, I'll even post a few videos of the gameplay.

Arnoxis

Re: PvP Combat

#2 » Post by Arnoxis » 20 Feb 2012 02:26

yeah the problem is how you want it and what is your playstyle, but you can definetly get rid of ghostly stirke, imp slice and dice and lightning reflexes u should alos get rid of malice and only take imp eviscerate in the assa tree if you intend to use sub talents
and imp kick imp deadly throw and so on are very useful talents

Jedini

#3 » Post by Jedini » 20 Feb 2012 02:36

Well think about about it like this. How many times do you have to worry about your slice and dice being up while trying to input a lot of other finishers? A lot. That is why I increased the duration of slice and dice by a few seconds so you can have time to input your other finishers.

As for now, the damage for eviscerate is bugged so there is not point in adding anything to it.

As for adding to ghostly strike and lightning reflexes, it all adds up when you have have unfair advantage. Trust me :) Yes, this is more for a melee-related battle but hey, at least that'll leave you one less type of class to worry about :P (melee)

Every rogue needs critical strike %. Since i wasn't able to add to close quarters combat, I make up for it by adding to malice.

Arnoxis

#4 » Post by Arnoxis » 20 Feb 2012 07:56

well i dont use slice and dice that often but its a good finisher at times still the talent points could be spent in something more useful like imp kick

and since when is eviscerate damage bugged? my damage is fine afaik

Cover25

#5 » Post by Cover25 » 20 Feb 2012 10:09

with 5 combo i do like 200-300 damage (on plate/cloth doesn't make a differnce) when i should be doing 400-500+

Arnoxis

#6 » Post by Arnoxis » 21 Feb 2012 00:11

what about the last rank which u get at 80? since you have a rogue id be happy if you could resolve this on trinity :)

Jedini

#7 » Post by Jedini » 09 Mar 2012 02:06

Here is the more up-to-date build:
http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0000000000 :)

Here is the build in order:
Max Improves Sinister Strike,
max Duel Wield Specialization,
max Improved Slice and Dice,
max Deflection, Riposte,
max Endurance,
max Aggression,
max Lightning Reflexes,
2 to Mace Specialization,
max Blade Twisting,
finish Mace Specialization,
max Vitality,
max Nerves of Steel,
max Combat Potency,
max Savage Combat,
max Unfair Advantage,
Adrenaline Rush,
Surprise Attacks,
4 to Prey on the Weak,
Killing Spree,
finish off Prey on the Weak,
max Relentless Strikes,
max Dirty Tricks,
max Master of Deception,
Ghostly Strike,
max Serrate Blades,
Blade Flurry,
max Improved Sprint,
max Improved Kick.
Last edited by Guest on 09 Mar 2012 02:29, edited 1 time in total.

Arnoxis

#8 » Post by Arnoxis » 09 Mar 2012 02:19

Jedini

#9 » Post by Jedini » 09 Mar 2012 02:33

You trolling me? I don't see the difference. If you're not, is there a certain way for me to open up that build without getting mine involved?

Arnoxis

#10 » Post by Arnoxis » 09 Mar 2012 12:16

no im not, i didnt click on link to this build after i reset ur talents :P

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0000000000

Jedini

#11 » Post by Jedini » 09 Mar 2012 16:14

The only good additions that I can see there are Improved Eviscerate, Elusiveness, and Throwing Specialization. Improved Gouge is debatable.

Overall, the only thing that I can say is that you will definitely have a harder time against plated enemies without Deflection, Riposte, Mace Specialization, Serrated blades, and Ghostly Strike.

Arnoxis

#12 » Post by Arnoxis » 09 Mar 2012 20:37

improved gouge is heavy cc in arenas
for plate enemies i use gear with armorpen stats on it
basically like sub but for combat i think arrpen gems are the best

Jedini

#13 » Post by Jedini » 11 Mar 2012 23:02

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0000000000 Another try at a good PvP Combat build, lol. Gimme' your thoughts :)

Arnoxis

#14 » Post by Arnoxis » 12 Mar 2012 14:17

well remorseless attacks is one of the most useless talents ever, ghostly strike isnt really that good, dodge is very situational wotlk

and id recommend testing deadened nerves

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0135211251
you can also play this spec, its my the generalized sub arena spec adjusted to truewow bugs, i like it a lot and u might want to play with it before you get gear since youll learn a lot about class mechanics which will help you in combat, and youll avoid making yourself look like joro because combat without the right gear is useless, the spec is all about killing spree and adrenaline rush

sub is all about shadowdance on a 1 minute cd, and it is highly effective even on low gear but it isnt easy, you will have to lock down your targets with all you got, avoid them from taking any action > blind damage
to set an example duffgirls rogue is in furious gear uses fos hc weapons and 2 level 200 trinkets, i was playing the priest of a friend and made a little mistake with trinketing, whcih allowed him to stunlock me for several seconds without my bubble, i basically had no more chance

and the priest was in full wf xD