Is Combat the only viable spec atm?

Hask

Is Combat the only viable spec atm?

#1 » Post by Hask » 16 May 2016 07:39

Has anyone theorycrafted backstab subtlety, combat daggers, or assas? Is Combat maces/swords hands down #1?

Thrown together backstab build: http://www.truewow.org/armory/talentcal ... ,0,0,0,0,0

Xilion
Donor

Re: Is Combat the only viable spec atm?

#2 » Post by Xilion » 16 May 2016 09:32

Hemo spec works, it however requires about 138-150 hitrating to make it as good as combat is with only 100 hitrating. I used this build for a long time and once I got the gear to support it I was around 100-50 dps behind the combat rogues (with better gear than me) so once you get good enough gear this may be the way to go.

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talentcal ... ,0&realm=p
Yours Sincerely

Swipy

Hask

#3 » Post by Hask » 16 May 2016 10:11

What weapons were you using? Daggers w/ hemo? Or any weapons as long as you have the hit rating?

.koljo

#4 » Post by .koljo » 16 May 2016 11:21

I m playing daggers backstab since I started on server 10 months ago...Tried bunch of variations of builds and its generally weaker than combat (except vael). It was best build for rogue on server start as we had access to perditions blade which is awesome weapon. Problem is perdition is still best MH for dagger rogue and combat got bunch of upgrades (deathbringer,chrom sword etc). Next big upgrade is C'thun dagger which should spike dps quite a bit and get daggers on par with combat again. Btw that build you made isnt really good as 3/3 lightning reflexes is op and u really need seal fate to actually ever use rupture while keeping up snd. Lose the agression and opportunity its waste of 7 talent points. Sorry for shitty english its to early for me to try ^_^

Xilion
Donor

#5 » Post by Xilion » 16 May 2016 11:40

For the hemo spec it requires a dagger in off-hand atleast, it works however well with any mainhand, I found it to be best with the 2.6 weps tho but the 2,9 deathbringer ads alot of damage to your hemo crits so all is viable. However the dagger for mainhand is a bit weaker if you don't have access to petitions blade. Also need to consider that this spec will allow your raid to do more dps from the dot hemo applies.
Yours Sincerely

Swipy

Hask

#6 » Post by Hask » 16 May 2016 11:59

@koljo: I'm sorry, I should have specified Primalwow x_x

@Xilion: Nice, I've got a lot of hit gear to acquire to try that build out. Do people even do tribute runs? The tarnished elven ring is amazing from DM:N

.koljo

#7 » Post by .koljo » 16 May 2016 12:03

Hask wrote:@koljo: I'm sorry, I should have specified Primalwow x_x

@Xilion: Nice, I've got a lot of hit gear to acquire to try that build out. Do people even do tribute runs? The tarnished elven ring is amazing from DM:N
lol I was talking about Primal.

Xilion
Donor

#8 » Post by Xilion » 16 May 2016 12:22

People do tribute runs yes, can confirm that Koljo is indeed on primalwow and does good dps on Vael and some other bosses where his allowed to stand behind them at all times.
Yours Sincerely

Swipy

Hask

#9 » Post by Hask » 16 May 2016 21:14

I don't know why C'thun had me thinking Ulduar, my bad! Thanks for the info guys, once I get some more gear and have options i'll start testing your builds!