Rogue BiS (Pre-Raid)

mozinqo

Rogue BiS (Pre-Raid)

#1 » Post by mozinqo » 24 Jul 2015 11:20

There isn't one on here yet for rogues so I thought I'd jerry rig this one from other sources as a starting point, once I get to 60 and try some stuff out then there could be some changes to it, I'm not sure. I'm in the process of getting a guide together so we'll see how that goes too. As always, let me know if you have any suggestions/changes! this list is definitely subject to change.

if there are multiple options, the best/hardest to get comes first

Head
Ebon Mask / Mask of the Unforgiven
Enchant: Lesser Arcanum of Voracity

Neck
Mark of Fordring

Shoulder
Truestrike Shoulders

Cloak
Cape of the Black Baron
Enchant: (can't find a link for this, so instead I will describe it: it gives you agility) Cloak - Lesser Agility

Chest
Cadaverous Armor > Nightbrace Tunic (way easier to obtain than cadaverous, this is recommended) > Shadowcraft Tunic
Enchant: Chest - Greater Stats / Chest - Stats

Wrist
Deepfury Bracers > Shadowcraft Bracers
Enchant: Bracer - Superior Strength / Bracer - Greater Strength

Hands
Devilsaur Gauntlets
Enchant: Gloves - Greater Agility

Waist
Cloudrunner Girdle / Shadowcraft Belt (as suggested by Cleofatra, depending on whether you want haste or crit, this may be a better option than cloudrunner) > Cadaverous Belt

Legs
Devilsaur Leggings
Enchant: Lesser Arcanum of Voracity

Feet
Swiftwalker Boots / Shadowcraft Boots
Enchant: Boots - Minor Speed / Boots - Greater Agility

Ring
Don Julio’s Band > Tarnished Elven Ring > Painweaver Band > Blackstone Ring

Trinkets
Hand of Justice > Blackhand's Breadth > Rune of the Guard Captain > Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas

Main hand
Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge > Electrified Dagger (alliance) - Glacial Blade (horde)
Enchant: Weapon - Crusader / Weapon - Agility [Weapon - Superior Striking]

Off hand
Dal'Rend's Tribal Guardian > Felstriker / any fast dagger, really
Enchant: Weapon - Agility

Ranged
Precisely Calibrated Boomstick > Satyr's Bow
Last edited by Guest on 30 Jul 2015 06:13, edited 5 times in total.
Swae
BM Hunter

I'm a below average player but I make up for it in bad puns and how I met your mother references

Cleofatra

Re: Rogue BiS (Pre-Raid)

#2 » Post by Cleofatra » 24 Jul 2015 18:39

I think Shadowcraft Belt might be better, it currently has great stats :)
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=16713

.CoolFangs

#3 » Post by .CoolFangs » 25 Jul 2015 18:50

Thanks for this, nice to see someone finally do it! One suggestion I'd have is to include an openwow link for each item, just to make it easier to figure out where to get it.

.Sorrugis

#4 » Post by .Sorrugis » 25 Jul 2015 23:55

You sure about your weapon choices?

Think there are other options available that would perform better, but I'm far from a rogue theory crafter.

mozinqo

#5 » Post by mozinqo » 26 Jul 2015 15:48

Cleofatra wrote:I think Shadowcraft Belt might be better, it currently has great stats :)
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=16713
wow you're right, don't know why I didn't see that. thank you!! I've been out of town so I'll replace it as soon as I get home.
Swae
BM Hunter

I'm a below average player but I make up for it in bad puns and how I met your mother references

mozinqo

#6 » Post by mozinqo » 26 Jul 2015 15:49

CoolFangs wrote:Thanks for this, nice to see someone finally do it! One suggestion I'd have is to include an openwow link for each item, just to make it easier to figure out where to get it.
ooh that is a good idea, so people don't have to search them individually. I'll add a link to each item when I get back home this afternoon.
Swae
BM Hunter

mozinqo

#7 » Post by mozinqo » 26 Jul 2015 15:53

Sorrugis wrote:You sure about your weapon choices?

Think there are other options available that would perform better, but I'm far from a rogue theory crafter.
you're probably right, I sort of rushed this list just to get it out there and had planned on changing it over time. I definitely need to do more research on the weapons, I'm sure there are better options out there. thanks for the encouragement to do said research ;)
Swae
BM Hunter

Cleofatra

#8 » Post by Cleofatra » 26 Jul 2015 23:13

I know a lot of people rock ironfoe hand of edward the odd ( hf getting those wep :))) )

Doublespoons

#9 » Post by Doublespoons » 30 Jul 2015 09:50

I wish you hadn't rushed this BiS list. Most of these options arent even correct. Some arent even in the game atm.

mozinqo

#10 » Post by mozinqo » 31 Jul 2015 03:30

Doublespoons wrote:I wish you hadn't rushed this BiS list. Most of these options arent even correct. Some arent even in the game atm.
which options aren't correct?? I've done a lot of comparing different pieces and looked at MANY opinions across a lot of forum posts and my own testing on a level 60 on warmane (not the best but I did what I could). I also made sure every piece existed still in 3.3.5 (to the best of my ability). I'd really appreciate constructive criticism and suggestions, rather than just criticism.

not to mention the majority of the gear you have on from your armory is in my guide, and is pre-raid BiS according to many sources (including myself) except you chose more shadowcraft, which I don't personally agree is best but that's not my choice.
Swae
BM Hunter

Thillad

#11 » Post by Thillad » 31 Jul 2015 16:27

mozinqo wrote:
Doublespoons wrote:I wish you hadn't rushed this BiS list. Most of these options arent even correct. Some arent even in the game atm.
which options aren't correct?? I've done a lot of comparing different pieces and looked at MANY opinions across a lot of forum posts and my own testing on a level 60 on warmane (not the best but I did what I could). I also made sure every piece existed still in 3.3.5 (to the best of my ability). I'd really appreciate constructive criticism and suggestions, rather than just criticism.

not to mention the majority of the gear you have on from your armory is in my guide, and is pre-raid BiS according to many sources (including myself) except you chose more shadowcraft, which I don't personally agree is best but that's not my choice.

Well it is hard to determine a BIS guide right now without testing gear as the 3.3.5 client breaks the BiS guides that were used in 1.12.

Sword spec is kinda meh at the moment. The dmg from the proc is relatively low. (not sure but i think the extra attack is off of your off hand just from the numbers generated.)

Hoj also has a lower then average proc rate which brings down the dps value of this trinket.

I am almost done building the guide i was working on. This one seems rushed as a few BiS items are not even in as suggestions.
Thillad lvl 60 Thunderfury Tank RIP
Juke lvl 60 rogue - Officer - MAPLE SYRUP

Doublespoons

#12 » Post by Doublespoons » 20 Aug 2015 05:00

mozinqo wrote:

Late response here, but in this list you have AV items which isnt out on the server yet. Also http://www.wowhead.com/item=13404/mask- ... unforgiven for some reason isnt in the game bc the boss wont spawn in correct positions or some BS. When i saw this guide you were lvl 32 or something on your Rogue so you just read a bunch of BiS lists, but had no experience testing anything out on this server. With Shadowcraft 6 set I'm getting 900-1200 extra energy refunded per boss in MC. This lets me pull 900-1000 dps usually and that's after testing numerous sets and specs. I dont see how you can possibly agree or disagree on my choice of gear when you didnt or dont have a lvl 60 rogue on Primal. Testing on another server means nothing since it's not Primal. Proc rates can be off for instance. Kinda like HoJ and Sword specc in Combat. This comming from one of the highest dps rogues on Primal atm. I didnt just slap gear on and jumped into raid, I did lots of testing and am still doing lots of testing.