Rogue Macros by Universe

Universe

Rogue Macros by Universe

#1 » Post by Universe » 16 Feb 2011 22:18

NOTICE:- I did not create these macros, i use them .. all credits given to Encrypted Text

Vanish:

/stopattack
/cleartarget
/cast Vanish

This is the Vanish macro that I'm currently using, and I get much better results (especially in PvP) when using this macro rather than using Vanish by itself. It stops all my auto-attacks while also ensuring that I have no possible target in order to prevent me from bringing myself out of Stealth. I'm hoping that the fix Blizzard is planning truly resolves the issue of Vanish failures once and for all. I'm willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to get it working properly.

Auto-attack automatically:

/startattack
/cast Mutilate or Sinister Strike or Hemorrhage or Fan of Knives

I build the '/startattack' command into any one of my offensive spammable moves, particularly combo point generators. It automatically starts your auto-attacks, making sure you're not missing any damage. When I'm rapidly switching targets, I'll always be attacking whatever my target is. This is particularly useful for Fan of Knives, as often we forget about our single target DPS while trying to AoE.

Tricks of the Trade:

/cast [help] [target=focus, help] Tricks of the Trade
Or
/cast [help] [target=targettarget, help] Tricks of the Trade

These are the two most common macros I use to keep Tricks of the Trade active. If I need to redirect new mobs (such as spawning adds) to the right person, I set them as my focus and use the first macro. If I am just trying to give the current tank a threat boost, I'll use the second. The second macro works no matter who is tanking the mob you have targeted, which means you don't have to worry about getting it on the right person. It's perfect for using right before you pop your cooldowns. If you do want it to go to someone special, you can always use a 'regular' copy of Tricks of the Trade to assign it to a particular person. If you're trading tricks with another rogue, you can also use [target=PLAYERNAME] to give them TotT directly.

AoE domination:

/equipslot 17 [Slow OH weapon name] (like /equipslot 18 Razorscale Talon)
/castsequence Blade Flurry, Adrenaline Rush

As I mentioned in my Fan of Knives article, Blade Flurry and Fan of Knives share a very powerful synergy. Blade Flurry will actually add more than 50% damage to your Fan of Knives..Put on a slow offhand weapon to maximize poison procs, and start spamming Fan of Knives once both Blade Flurry and Adrenaline Rush are active. You'll be able to completely destroy any AoE group, doing DPS that will still have the mages and warlocks wondering why rogues are still the true AoE kings.

Weapon swap:

/equipslot 17 [DP Dagger]
/equipslot [modifier:shift] 17 [IP Dagger]

I picked up this macro from a post by Sotea on Elitist Jerks. It's an easy way to set up a weapon swap macro, allowing you to quickly switch between offhand weapons. A new tactic for Mutilate PvE involves using Deadly Poison on your offhand as usual, but once you have built up a 5-stack of Deadly Poison, you swap to a different OH weapon with Instant Poison on it. You then get the added damage from Instant Poison, and you quickly swap back to Deadly Poison to refresh your 5-stack before it expires. This is only possible after the recent change that allows Deadly Poison stacks to remain on your target after an Envenom.

In order for this to be effective, you need to make sure you maintain your 5-stack of Deadly Poison as efficiently as possible. You also need to have low latency and quick reaction times, as it gives you an additional timer to watch closely. If you're able to ride the line and swap back and forth between weapons and poisons properly, it can offer a pretty serious DPS boost from the bonus Instant Poison procs.

Kill shot:

/cast Cold Blood
/cast Eviscerate
/use Gnomish Lightning Generator / Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket

I use this macro to finish off any target I'm able to get to half health. It guarantees an Eviscerate crit, while also adding on extra damage from the Engineering perks. Macro'ing Cold Blood to one of your abilities makes it far easier to use effectively, as having to push two buttons in order to first activate Cold Blood and then to use your finisher takes up too much time and effort in a fast-paced situation. It also saves me a crucial key binding.

More Macros for Rogues comming up soon. :mrgreen:
If you have any Macros you have created that you want to add here for our server's rogues to use.. please PM me on the forums and leave the macro, i will properly credit it to you.

Sunshine

Re: Rogue Macros by Universe

#2 » Post by Sunshine » 19 Apr 2011 22:13

this macro is more for low level 18-40 or so, what it does is it makes you able to do your sinister's strikes etc with a Sword, Axe, Mace etc. and you are still able to use Ambush without having to switch all the time.

Stealth;
/cast stealth
/equip [dagger name]

Ambush;
/cast ambush
/equip [dagger name]
/equip [Sword/Axe/Mace Name]
/cast stealth

and just to make sure it won't mess up i have my [Sword/Axe/Mace] macroed to my Sinister's strike [my main ability] for that just make the following macro;

/cast Sinister's strike
/equip [Sword/Axe/Mace Name]

just replace ''Sinister's strike'' with what ever ability you use most.

Scotchtape

#3 » Post by Scotchtape » 22 Oct 2011 19:27

He forgot /cast [target=focus] Blind!
Scotchy - Troll Priest disc PvP
Stung - Troll Hunturd MM PvE/PvP
Saprophyte - Tauren Drood resto PvP
Someone - Orc Warrior PvE prot
Shockakhan - Orc Shaman ele/resto PvP
Orcchop - Orc Rogue mutifaceroll pve/pvp

Arnoxis

#4 » Post by Arnoxis » 23 Oct 2011 23:37

lol this was so long ago i remember how bad i was back then and he used to call me nub, but now i know better and i can freely say that universe is the greatest noob in the history of truewow, he used to pretend to know everything about every class even tho his knowledge is useless as proven here

Scotchtape

#5 » Post by Scotchtape » 23 Nov 2011 18:28

Arnoxis wrote:lol this was so long ago i remember how bad i was back then and he used to call me nub, but now i know better and i can freely say that universe is the greatest noob in the history of truewow, he used to pretend to know everything about every class even tho his knowledge is useless as proven here
haha /agree
Scotchy - Troll Priest disc PvP
Stung - Troll Hunturd MM PvE/PvP
Saprophyte - Tauren Drood resto PvP
Someone - Orc Warrior PvE prot
Shockakhan - Orc Shaman ele/resto PvP
Orcchop - Orc Rogue mutifaceroll pve/pvp