Rogues

Tangina

Rogues

#1 » Post by Tangina » 15 Jan 2011 09:44

Can someone tell me how to play rogues and what's the best racials for it? and some info on gems too

Bleed

Re: Rogues

#2 » Post by Bleed » 15 Jan 2011 10:09

imma nab but with rogues but for racials:

PvP
Horde : Undead(Will of the forsaken)
Alliance : Human[Perception(Rgoue vs Rogue) and Every Man for Himself]

PvE*Combat Spec
Horde: Troll/Orc
Alliance : Humans

Velasong

#3 » Post by Velasong » 15 Jan 2011 15:18

best racials hmm

blood elfs arcane torrent is good for the energy return an silence

humans every man for himself is good instead of using a trinket

undeads will of the forsaken for getting out of fear,charm an sleep effects

trolls berserking,hmm kinda not needed imo,tho good if u like to hit faster at times

orcs bloodfury is good for a bit more damage

gnomes escape artists is good if u get snared,rooted etc

is that all the races that can be rogue?

as for gems,attack power,agility,crit.my memory is a bit rusty so if i miss something say so

in the end,id say choose a race u like.i roll blood elfs cause i like their looks,history an racial

for leveling any spec could work,tho combat is the easiest.subtlety is my fave pvp spec :P

kaped

#4 » Post by kaped » 22 Jan 2011 03:14

Belfs with arcane torrent are kinda cool for pvp cloth users, the +15 energy is a good resource to gain extra hits in a perfect stunlock. If you know that 80 arena gear can kill you with a full stunlock then why u think about getting a extra trinket? maybe for a 2 vs 1 fight or more, anyways rogues have vanish (kick ass) :D

PM me if you want some info.

Bleed

#5 » Post by Bleed » 24 Jan 2011 06:07

http://184.154.79.250/armory/talent-cal ... 0000000000

I'm planning on this build.
If i can get a good rating and enough AP this week i will buy mace (Fast off for better chance of energy+ from Combat potency / Slow main errr)
Idk. but i feel like this spec.
I am new to rogues. and im having a hard time using sub spec.
and mut/prep is good but its not my thing but ill work on it soon(in my point of view)
Well, my build is not that effective, but its not that weak either.

Here are some points to consider

* Energy pool is good
* Imp gouge(Credits to Kxfpx i dont use it until he showed me)
* Avoid being kited by imp sprint
* Reduce damage while stunned/feared
* Sleight of Hand for Survival+
* Serrated and Mace spec for good ignore armor
* and some -CD talents for more effective play.
* and errr,, killing spree... :D

But, there are still a lot of things that i have to work hard on..
And that is to improve myself and add more "Common sense" in arena. :D
I'm kinda dumb sometimes/often.
but time will come.

All i can say is common sense and some research will make u a good player.
No need to rush.
It will come.
I'm kinda frustrated after a lot of duels and 2v2 match that i lost.

And i think these is my last week for the 2v2 slot on my team.
I hope some of you out there(Holy pala, Disc Priest)
could adopt me in your team xD

Good luck to all the rogues out there

Prite

#6 » Post by Prite » 24 Jan 2011 08:14

If u need Hit rating (if I get it right) why not take Precicion? and
Sleight of Hand is that usefull?

I would like to play a rogue at 80 too.. but I find rogues so annoying to lvl :/ it's a bit hard :/
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Bleed

#7 » Post by Bleed » 24 Jan 2011 13:16

yeah. i might revise it again.
Thanks. but i intended to get those talents for higher chance to survive.

Bleed

#8 » Post by Bleed » 25 Jan 2011 06:11

I just read something.
Our main advantage in PvP is our stealth.
Stealth -> Opening attacks and some more -> Restealth and back to start.

I might try to do this on duels now.
Since i don't have preparation, I will be needing Imp Gouge.

kaped

#9 » Post by kaped » 26 Jan 2011 02:54

Bleed wrote:I just read something.
Our main advantage in PvP is our stealth.
Stealth -> Opening attacks and some more -> Restealth and back to start.
Hello bleed! i suggest you to try a stunlock, you can learn how to stunlock in youtube or wow wiki.

Bleed

#10 » Post by Bleed » 26 Jan 2011 08:22

Yeah. like i ddnt know that

Bleed

#11 » Post by Bleed » 26 Jan 2011 08:22

Let me guess. ur umah ar u

Arnoxis

#12 » Post by Arnoxis » 12 Feb 2011 16:11

Basically for pvp if you wanna be good play undead of belf or even orc if u wanna be a cunt in pvp play human or gnome in the case of human just abuse ur stealth detect racial or as gnome abuse noggenfrogger to drive people insane
Every ability is gold remember that blind in 1v1 gives you the chance to use first aid and restealth since I watched a vid of a rogue on vanilla that used to pwn people without interruption or losing hp it wasd amazing it makes me even think about putting some talents in gouge
Very helpful too is self-confidence if u think you can pwn everything you can :D
I don't know how you play but I click and move with the keyboard ater some practice u can move like a maniac and click faster than any macro
Last thing is gear once you have full furious things start getting easier and to gems idk I think everyone should go as for his preferences I use ap stam and resil others go for ap some like going for agi because of the dodge rating there's too little effect coming from those that I recommend being a better player than one that has the perfect gear

Mitar

#13 » Post by Mitar » 25 Apr 2011 11:07

Here is link of my talent build i used on other servers as combat rogue http://184.154.79.250/armory/talent-cal ... 0000000000
Have in mind that combat rogues are preety tougher vs platers than mutilate or sub...Ranged interupt and silencing kick gives u good advantage vs spellcasters and improved sprint gives u capability that u unsnare yourself...Have in mind that dwarves are best pvp choice for every class...Humans are good coz of perception but this is mine opinion.Considering spec Hack and Slash talents gives u burst and can provide one or 2 more hits in Killing spree...For armor penetration issues use arp proc trinket (grim toll,NES) and hold expose armor on platers.I even have it glyphed...Combat rogue can own holy pala in blink of an eye.Poisons u should use are deadly in offhand and wound in main hand coz of dispells,and if u like more ccs use instant/wound poison setup...It`s good on kspree too...Rememeber use always fast offhand for more energy recovery via talent...Crippling poison in offhand is sometimes must have,coz u can`t relly on blade twisting procs so much...So use poisons dependent to situation and oponent...

Brizo

#14 » Post by Brizo » 20 Nov 2011 08:07

Rogues are Fun in PVP.. I wil make a short notes on Rogue.

Rogue VS Warrior ( hard Fight) Dis-arml as mush as possible.

Rogue vs Mages ( hard but we can kill) Open with Garrot and put a 5 combo point Bleed ( helps when u have bleed spec ) and try to kick there casts and a bit of practice we can kill em.

Rogue vs Pala ( Evasion and Stun Locks are ur best Bet)

Rogue vs Hunters ( Dis-arm will stop them from casting deterrence which helps a lot reset is some quick moves and he dies )

Rogues vs Rogues ( who opens First has more advantage) make sure to put a bleed before they use Evasion.

Rogues VS Locks ( if they use that gay pet u will /cry) :P other than that COS(clock of shadows ) and Kill.

Rogue vs Druids( Resto is hard to kill make sure pop Garrot ( 3 sec silence) when he is low on life), Feral same as Rogue vs Rogue , Boomkin Stun lock them.

Rogue vs Shamans( easy to kill :P )

Rogue vs DK's >> Pop COS and vanish on the Immune to stun effect spell ( forgot the name) , reset is dis-arm and kill.

All ways Skill is main thing in PVP and Pressers are more Op than Clickers if u can do this in PVP u will not have much problems in PVE >> is all about boss tactics.

Arnoxis

#15 » Post by Arnoxis » 21 Nov 2011 04:11

i dont agree to what you said about mage duels, skilled mages will kite you forever if you open with bleeds, your best bet is to trick them to use their cds and stunlock them