Rogue's low damages in PvP

alehelias

Rogue's low damages in PvP

#1 » Post by alehelias » 29 Sep 2015 09:20

How is it possible that a full wrathful assassination rogue [5 combo points]hits a mage (well-equipped) for 3.k eviscerate [5k crit] and a plate-geared player for only 2k mutilate critical and 4k envenom critical? It seems like tbc damage freezed in wotlk, whereas when offy was in patch 3.3.5a I rememb of rogues which were usually striking both cloth/plate for around 9k health points
I hope that somebody could explain me why this happens, I heard ( that rogue is bugged itself and not in positive like other classes, but why?

Wilcox

Re: Rogue's low damages in PvP

#2 » Post by Wilcox » 29 Sep 2015 09:25

rogues are fags

benzviliran

#3 » Post by benzviliran » 29 Sep 2015 09:38

alehelias wrote:How is it possible that a full wrathful assassination rogue [5 combo points]hits a mage (well-equipped) for 3.k eviscerate [5k crit] and a plate-geared player for only 2k mutilate critical and 4k envenom critical? It seems like tbc damage freezed in wotlk, whereas when offy was in patch 3.3.5a I rememb of rogues which were usually striking both cloth/plate for around 9k health points
I hope that somebody could explain me why this happens, I heard ( that rogue is bugged itself and not in positive like other classes, but why?
it depends which rogue is playing it, it depends on ur enemy gear it depends on what effects and buffs he had at that time.

an example can be a mage under the effect of power word shield a 9k crit can destroy the power word shield who absorbs for example 5k and than ull see ur crit as 3k which are the 3k that left of the 9k after the shield absorbed some of the dmg.

also that mage could be really geared while u r not. there could be several reasons. but normaly everything with rogue is fine they can cause huge amount of dmg
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#4 » Post by Wilcox » 29 Sep 2015 10:26

benzviliran wrote: an example can be a mage under the effect of power word shield a 9k crit can destroy the power word shield who absorbs for example 5k and than ull see ur crit as 3k which are the 3k that left of the 9k after the shield absorbed some of the dmg.
9-5=4

Folkk

#5 » Post by Folkk » 29 Sep 2015 10:33

There are many factors that contribute to this matter and I would gladly explain it to you but this is your first post on the forums and I don't know who you are in game. Maybe provide us a link to your armoury :)
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

herrol

#6 » Post by herrol » 29 Sep 2015 11:50

I think that he means this:
Offy 3.3.5a Rogue full wf vs warr full wf (5 stack poisons, 5 combo)= 5.2k envenom normal, 8k crit; 2.8k normal muti damage, 4k crit
Any private server 3.3.5a ->Rogue full wf vs war wf= 3k envenom normal, 5k crit; 1.9k normal muti damage, 2.9k crit

Offy Wf rogue vs Wf priest= eviscerate (5combo) 5.5k normal damage, 8.5k crit
Any private server 3.3.5a ->eviscerate (5combo) 3k normal damage, 5.5k crit

Knewklear
Donor

#7 » Post by Knewklear » 29 Sep 2015 17:42

I dunno watchu talking about. I'm able to pull off 5k crits with envenom and on plates, even.

alehelias

#8 » Post by alehelias » 29 Sep 2015 19:52

Knewklear, your answer shows that you haven't even read what herrol wrote upside before your reply, or maybe you didn't understand; this could explain why you don't know what we are all talking about

Knewklear
Donor

#9 » Post by Knewklear » 29 Sep 2015 21:32

/Shrug

SomethingWitty

#10 » Post by SomethingWitty » 29 Sep 2015 22:18

Who's Offy and where can i find these 9k crits? Wotlk burst is pretty ridiculous but 9k crits?? envenom isn't LB/CB.

Other things to consider:
-you probably don't have improved eviscerate so ofc you aren't hitting as hard with evisc (why are you using evisc in the first place?)
-your trinket procs and shit like dirty deeds
-your targets resil and defensive shit

From my experience playing in PRIVATE servers the average envenom crit is around 4-6k crit and mutilate shreds clothies but is awful against plates.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

herrol

#11 » Post by herrol » 29 Sep 2015 23:18

When I say offy I mean retail blizzard servers, where 5k damage is still considerated tbc-like for rogues

Dropdead

#12 » Post by Dropdead » 29 Sep 2015 23:53

On semi geared cloth maybe but not on 1200 resil ppl (especially plate)