Bedrock - Discipline Priest PvP Guide 3.3.5a

Bedrock

Bedrock - Discipline Priest PvP Guide 3.3.5a

#1 » Post by Bedrock » 14 Sep 2012 13:12

Discipline PvP Guide 3.3.5a
DAMAGE/SUPPORT Healer

Foreword

This guide covers a basic general role in arena no matter what setup or bracket you’re playing (depending on setup or bracket you are playing you will want to prioritise certain things more than others but i’ll go over that more in the advanced section of the guide). It also covers the binds i use, the macros that are good to use in arena as priest as well as addons that can be helpful to a beginner arena player.

Stat Priority

Hit rating ~100 (4%)
Spell Penetration 130 (cap)
Spell power 3100
Resilience 1300
Haste 630
Spirit 850

Basically, you want to get 4% hit with whatever means necessary. The reason behind this is that you do not want your fears to miss under any circumstances. It's embarrassing and doesn't make you look good. Next is haste. Haste is one of the main stats for you cause you're damage/support healer and your burst is very important. Discs are able to do quite considerable damage in wotlk, be sure to assist your team mates when bursting to create more pressure and get extra cooldowns used by the opposing team and maybe even score a kill! I think I don't need to talk about other basic stats cause it's pretty self understandable.

Gear

Basically my main set is full spirit and off-set is haste. You can freely variate between items to get stats you need.

My choice of gear:

Hood: Wrathful Gladiator's Mooncloth Hood
Shoulders: Wrathful Gladiator's Mooncloth Mantle
Chest: Wrathful Gladiator's Mooncloth Robe
Gloves: Wrathful Gladiator's Mooncloth Gloves
Legs: Wrathful Gladiator's Mooncloth Leggings

Neck: Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Subjugation
Cloak: Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Ascendancy
Wrist: Wrathful Gladiator's Cuffs of Salvation
Waist: Wrathful Gladiator's Cord of Alacrity
Boots: Wrathful Gladiator's Treads of Salvation
Ring 1: Ashen Band of Endless Destruction
Ring 2: Wrathful Gladiator's Band of Dominance
Trinket 1: Medallion of the Horde
Trinket 2: Battlemaster's Vivacity

Dagger: Wrathful Gladiator's Blade of Celerity
Off-hand: Wrathful Gladiator's Compendium
Wand: Wrathful Gladiator's Wand of Alacrity

Gems

Red sockets
Haste + Spell Power

Blue sockets
Hit rating + Spell Pen

Yellow sockets
Haste

Talent Spec

Talents:

http://wow335.gamestool.net/priestt.php ... 0000000000

Glyphs:

Major:
Pain Suppression
Inner Fire
Penance
Minor:
Levitate
Shackle Undead
Shadowfiend

General Macros

1) Spawn Shadowfiend – Normally shadowfiend spawns on passive so a macro is needed to stop it running straight back to your feet after you spawn it, spamming this macro a few times will spawn shadowfiend and tell it to attack the target you spawn it on (be aware you need to spam the macro a few times).

/cast !Shadowfiend
/petaggressive
/petattack

2) Mass Dispel – Stops the ring disappearing when you spam the mass dispel bind.

/cast !Mass Dispel

3) Dispel Self – Dispels yourself while targetting anything.

/cast [target=player] dispel magic

4) Death removing shield – Uses death and removes shield and dispersion so death will break poly w/o shield absorbing dmg back
note: you may wish to have two death binds, one for deathing players to get a kill and a quicker one for deathing things like poly.

/cancelaura power word: shield
/cancelaura divine aegis
/cancelaura dispersion
/cast shadow word: death

5) Dispel Party 1/2

/cast [target=party1/2] dispel magic

6) Dispel Shadowfiend

/cast [target=shadowfiend] dispel magic

Tactics

Healing: are you team mates at an acceptable health level for the current moment in the game? – base this on the cooldowns that they have left, cc DR on you, and your breaker availablity (trinket/wotf) If you are going offensive and they are sitting in cc, it’s perfectly acceptable to leave a team mate on 60% in order to cast damage spells.

Damage: As previously stated, discs are able to do quite considerable damage in wotlk, be sure to assist your team mates when bursting to create more pressure and get extra cooldowns used by the opposing team and maybe even score a kill!

Offensive dispels: sometimes key things need to be dispelled quickly such as freedom or sacred shield, prioritise this unless you’re going to score a kill or somebody on your team is going to die.

Defensive dispels: often just as important, remember your damage is good but your team mates is usually better so keep them dispelled of any cc which they may be put into!

Positioning: Lastly always keep in mind where you are standing, most of the time you want to be near a pillar in order to avoid as much cc as possible, sometimes you will need to move to a more offensive position to keep dispelling your team mates so that they can score a kill.

My own gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-_Y4NoHVLU&feature=plcp

With love,
Bedrock ;*
Last edited by Guest on 17 Sep 2012 06:22, edited 1 time in total.

Anoth
Former Staff

Re: Bedrock - Discipline Priest PvP Guide 3.3.5a

#2 » Post by Anoth » 14 Sep 2012 13:28

:D Nice

Bedrock

#3 » Post by Bedrock » 16 Sep 2012 18:12

Anoth wrote::D Nice

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Kindzadza » 16 Sep 2012 18:53

The talent tree preview is not opened,but I guess you have something like mine:

http://www.truewow.org/armory/character ... re&group=2 (54/17/0)

Open the link from any browser but chrome,since it doesn't show talent points used.

Bedrock

#5 » Post by Bedrock » 17 Sep 2012 06:23

Kindzadza wrote:The talent tree preview is not opened,but I guess you have somethink like mine:

http://www.truewow.org/armory/character ... re&group=2 (54/17/0)

Open the link from any browser but chrome,since it doesn't show talent points used.
fixed the link :))