Does rolling priest require that you heal at some point? I just want to DPS.

Mitsius

Does rolling priest require that you heal at some point? I just want to DPS.

#1 » Post by Mitsius » 03 Jul 2017 18:45

As the title says, I'm new in Primal Wow and the private server scene in general. I'm considering rolling a shadow priest because I really love the class fantasy, the spells etc. However, I truly hate healing with a passion. Will I be asked to heal as holy/disc or can I just have a nice "career" as a DPS shadow priest without pissing people off when I refuse to change spec?

On a side note, how are shadow priests in PvP Inthis client's version?

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Does rolling priest require that you heal at some point? I just want to DPS.

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 04 Jul 2017 05:11

1) No

2) They were very strong in Vanilla phase's PVP but I'm not sure anyone really has a great idea of who is strong or not in PVP in the TBC phase as it hasn't really ramped up yet. I would imagine they'd be fine, however.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Deim

Re: Does rolling priest require that you heal at some point? I just want to DPS.

#3 » Post by Deim » 04 Jul 2017 08:17

Yes u will heal all the time... passively with vampiric embrace :p

Jokes aside priest is ok dps class right now, might have mana issues if wrongly itemized (going for pure spellpower wont work well) but don't expect to top dps in raids and dungeons unless whole your group is unskilled and you are good player. You won't be lowest dps at the same time tho.
Also priests passive healing and increased hit chance on target buff are sought out by guilds.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

skyx

#4 » Post by skyx » 07 Jul 2017 19:35

Fitzpatrick wrote:
04 Jul 2017 05:11

2) They were very strong in Vanilla phase's PVP but I'm not sure anyone really has a great idea of who is strong or not in PVP in the TBC phase as it hasn't really ramped up yet. I would imagine they'd be fine, however.
It will be the same as before.

kinappy

#5 » Post by kinappy » 04 Aug 2017 14:09

TBH I would not waste your time trying to heal on this server as a priest, they seem to be ok for half a fight before going oom. I would stick to shadow and bring plenty or mana pots.

kronic

#6 » Post by kronic » 10 Aug 2017 11:25

i play priest, can't say I agree with that comment at all. I'm top 3 healing on every fight and although mana is an issue if you cant control your inefficient heals or overheal, if you play properly its not an issue and i like the challenge.