Ahoyhoy from a new transfer!

ccfus

Ahoyhoy from a new transfer!

#1 » Post by ccfus » 23 Mar 2017 01:54

Hi folks,

Fresh transfer from retail here, and scouring the forums in prep for getting on to play later today.

I've seen the helpful videos from HamsterWheel and Fitz (thanks guys) as well as the priest guides in the dtp guild site.

http://dtp-primal.shivtr.com/forums/1543794

I have two questions to pose, the first being around spec: since my blessing/curse is that I live on a rock in the pacific, my play time does not overlap with the majority of the population during the week - too late for NA; too early for oceanic. The weekends will be when I can run lot of group stuff. While being cash poor (not able to dual spec yet) can I make it as shadow and then go healing for better soloing, or would the limited group play be better if I was healing based (i.e. faster groups and better chance at raid spots)?

Secondly, there isn't much forum info on professions. For now I think enchanting/tailoring would be helpful, but when TBC comes, I will be shifting to engineering, and probably mining to complement it, or just level mining on an alt and save the mats. Any feedback here would be nice.

Thanks for your time!
-Moral Orel

O:^)

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Ahoyhoy from a new transfer!

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 23 Mar 2017 02:40

Aloha nui!

I lived on Oahu until 2014. Just got back there this past Feb and deep dove into foodland poke and 7-11 manapua.

I think you will find either shadow or holy fine. You will be ok to heal 5-mans in shadow, but if your intention is to heal you can always fit spirit tap into a holy build. Keep in mind, however, that shadow is quite strong in PVP if you have any interest there.

You will also be fine just going engineering now. There is very little from ench/tailor you cant get from a guildy now. Ench and Tailor will both be good to have in TBC however, so if you go that route now you might consider just keeping them.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

ccfus

#3 » Post by ccfus » 23 Mar 2017 05:08

Hahahah aloha! Probably gonna grab a manapua on the way home since I had some spicy ahi last night; small world.

I'll be knocking out rings and trinkets tonight (ty for the vids) as shadow since I do like PvP, I just don't want to limit myself for getting groups. I don't mind healing, but would prefer it as an offspec if possible; I healed most of vanilla and TBC with Jesus-lasorz.

Leveling engineering without a gathering profession/gold stash would be difficult, but I'll do some more thinking on it - not immediately crucial. Thanks again; shoots!
-Moral Orel

O:^)

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 23 Mar 2017 13:09

Shoots!
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick