best Healing priest build for raids and Instances

Elderon

best Healing priest build for raids and Instances

#1 » Post by Elderon » 27 Feb 2011 01:42

Ok i redid this healing build while wide awake.

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0000000000

leave me some feed back on what you think of it.
Last edited by Guest on 28 Feb 2011 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

Prite

Re: best Healing priest build for raids and Instances

#2 » Post by Prite » 27 Feb 2011 12:00

you say u have 56 talents in Holy, but I only see 55 mate, did u forgot to write Guardian Spirit or Circle of Healing?
your build :
well I'll show you mine so you can compare if you wish, cause it depends on the style (or spells) you wanna play/have at your disposal

I think Improved Inner Focus is very valuable cause it adds Sp to you, that's always a good thing.
Seeing how u didn't added any talents to Twin Disciplines and Improved Renew, I suggest you don't take Empowered Renew. I suggest taking those 3 points and either add Circle of Healing or Guardian Spirit or place all of them in Blessed Reslience, that way even if it's only 3% more, you would have at least fully maximized ur healing input from talents.
This is my opinion ofc, feel free to counter it mate. :)
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Velasong

#3 » Post by Velasong » 27 Feb 2011 15:33

well this is what i use on my priest---- http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0000000000

seems to work well so far

Sarcofagus

#4 » Post by Sarcofagus » 07 Apr 2011 11:30

Almost similar to previous post... but i think more efective

Tuffeyy

#5 » Post by Tuffeyy » 18 Apr 2011 04:15

You missed out Circle of Healing, it is a very helpful spell. Plus, there is no point in spec'ing into Power Word: Shield because if you have a disc priest in your raid then you shouldn't be using shields.

It is OK for 5-mans but it is still highly recommended to get Circle of Healing

I would also recommend taking the points from Unbreakable Will and putting them into Twin Disciples. One last thing is to track what you use more: Renew of Greater Heal. There are varying talents that affect these spells and its best if you spec fully into one spell (I.E. Improved Renew, Empowered Renew)

devilshadow

#6 » Post by devilshadow » 17 Jun 2011 22:43

this is my build guys which is really good for raid that raid get so much AOE dmg so priest can heal 5 or 6 targets at same time.....u can use 3xflash heal for faster Prayer of Healing....i try this build and im very good with it :)http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0000000000

Yebomaycu

#7 » Post by Yebomaycu » 08 Sep 2012 19:09

There you go: http://wow335.gamestool.net/priestt.php ... 0000000000
I used empovered renew spec before, but since its buged i made this 1, and its awesome.
I rarely use guardian spirit so i didnt even spect in it.
2-3x flash heal, and than greater heal or prayer of healing if whole grp is taking dmg.
Prayer of mending on every cd. Same as Circle of healing.
Thats it, enjoy.

Lily

#8 » Post by Lily » 09 Sep 2012 00:43

vindfaker wrote: I used empovered renew spec before, but since its buged i made this 1, and its awesome.
Actually, it works properly here and was bugged on Spermik. Empowered renew heals only 15% of the total amount it heals with ticks. Depending on your SP, 15% from the total is around ~1300-1500 (~2300 crit) with our Spermik BiS gear. I'm gonna miss the bugged 10k empowered crits in raids ;|

And btw you SHOULD use Guardian Spirit! It can get you out of many nasty situations ;D

Nyaneve

#9 » Post by Nyaneve » 09 Sep 2012 01:24

And don't forget to glyph Guardian Spirit. It is OP on Valithria and LK.

Yebomaycu

#10 » Post by Yebomaycu » 09 Sep 2012 21:59

Yea, i googled it a bit now, and yea, it works fine here( but it wasnt 10k on spermik, it was 5-6k crit, 7 max). But i think its a waste than. 3 talents in empowered renew + 3 in improved renew for 1.5k heal. Pff. I rather put 3 in Blessed resiliance and 3 in Test of faith. You heal like hell than when the whole grp is bombed with dmg. 10k+ flash heal crits, and 20k + Greater heals. 5k Circle of healing etc. Its really awesome. And yea, since mostly flash heal is instant cast, it replaces Empowered renew. :D

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 09 Sep 2012 22:27

Just respec to discipline and get it over.You can prevent more than 2 milion damage at 25 raids and with resto druid and resto shaman you can do way better than as holy.

Well the spec depends on the raid setup after all and personal preferences. :)

Yebomaycu

#12 » Post by Yebomaycu » 09 Sep 2012 23:12

I was disco before, than switchet to holy, and i only had mana problems, until i figured out how to play it. And i like holy, it heals like hell :D
About guardian spirit, meh, it can save 1 man, but it can kill me too. And im oriented to raid healing, tryin to keep alive as many ppl as i can. And im good at it, mostly no1 dies, only nabs if they dont know tactics, or if some1 fails xD and yea, im almost allways at the top of the healing done :p
But i would like to have disco in raid, he is a perfect life saver :)

Lily

#13 » Post by Lily » 09 Sep 2012 23:35

vindfaker wrote:it wasnt 10k on spermik, it was 5-6k crit, 7 max).
It was, it was! In 25 man raid with the fullest possible class setup (SP boosters like demo lock etc.) I at least saw 10k crits.
Kindzadza wrote:Just respec to discipline and get it over.
I use to love Disco priest and was one myself but once I went Holy and saw the joy in it.. was hard to go back to Disco. :D Always seen big discussions about "Which spec is best for raid healing - Disco or Holy?" but I truly think both of them are as good, it is all a matter of taste and how you manage to control the spec.
Kindzadza wrote:You can prevent more than 2 milion damage at 25 raids
That's impressive :O Never thought Disco bubbles can get that powerful with end-game gear.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Kindzadza » 09 Sep 2012 23:47

Yea,well actually the recount shows Absorb+healing,but however you can absorb a lot.The gear is very important and the stats you are focusing,but the amount of absorbed damaged varies on the raid's DPS and many other variables.

Yebomaycu

#15 » Post by Yebomaycu » 10 Sep 2012 16:25

Lily wrote:
vindfaker wrote:it wasnt 10k on spermik, it was 5-6k crit, 7 max).
It was, it was! In 25 man raid with the fullest possible class setup (SP boosters like demo lock etc.) I at least saw 10k crits.
Well, however, that was nice bug :DD