best Healing priest build for raids and Instances

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: best Healing priest build for raids and Instances

#16 » Post by Intervention » 10 Sep 2012 16:58

My Disc priest pops a power word and absorbs about 12-14k non crit and about 15k crit. He's not fully geared but Disc priests are so essential for 25 man raids.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#17 » Post by Kindzadza » 11 Sep 2012 10:24

From Toc25 Twins:

:ugeek:

innocentguy

#18 » Post by innocentguy » 24 Dec 2012 09:37

This is the spec I used when I was still on Holy for PvE

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 0000000000

Since I don't see any posts that describe in detail why you go into each talent I shall do a brief one... I think we all need better priest healers anyway (I see alot of nab ones)
[The below is based on my personal opinion; if you don't like it, make your own spec]

Acronyms: Circle of Healing (CoH), Prayer of Healing (PoH), Prayer of Mending (PoM)
, Flash Heal (FH), Greater Heal (GH). Binding Heal (BH), Spellpower (SP)

Firstly for the discipline side, - 13 points

Tier 1: Twin Disciplines - 5 points
Twin Disciplines is a must. Unbreakable Will is practically useless for PvE. Also, CoH, Renew, PoM are all instant casts. FH when the talent Surge of Light (Tier 6) procs.

Tier 2: Improved Inner Fire -3 points & Improved Power Word: Fortitude - 2 points.
Inner Fire adds SP at the highest ranks and the Improved Inner Fire makes it add more.
More stamina = Better survivability for yourself and for the raid. Enough said.

Tier 3: Meditation - 3 points
Idiot proof.

Now for the Holy tree, - 58 points

Tier 1: Healing Focus - 2 points, Improved Renew - 3 points, Holy specialization - 5 points
FH, GH, PoH, Divine Hymm, Hymm of Hope, all require casting time. Get Healing Focus. Some boss fights have perpetual DoTs throughout them and will cause your 1.5 sec FH to become 2.5 sec and your 2.5 sec PoH to be come 3.5 sec.
I love Renew. It is our only HoT, and improving it makes sense.
Crit is always good, and crit also procs some other talents I will go into later.

Tier 2: Divine Fury - 5 Points
Idiot Proof. You don't need really spell damage reduction, and 0.5 sec off of GH is definitely an awesome thing to have.

Tier 3: Desperate Prayer - 1 point, Inspiration - 3 points
Again Idiot Proof. Desperate Prayer is an instant lifesaver. Inspiration is good to have but not amazing. Blessed Recovery is for PvP.

Tier 4: Holy Reach - 2 points
I got this because I was already geared and I wanted my CoH and PoH to have higher range to ensure that they are always maximised. Improved Healing could be an alternative if you oom alot.

Tier 5: Spirit of Redemption (SoR) - 1 point, Spiritual Guidance - 5 Points
Idiot Proof. Spirit adds mp5 and SP via Spiritual Guidance. If you have 1000 Spirit, that equates to 1050 Spirit with SoR and a bonus 262.5 SP. Healing Prayers can be considered if again, you go oom often.

Tier 6: Surge of Light - 2 points, Spiritual Healing - 5 points
Idiot Proof (I seem to be using this term alot) to get Spiritual Healing.
I love Surge of Light. Zero mana cost FH that procs Serendipity (Tier 8). It procs quite often when casting CoH. PoM, PoH.

Tier 7: Holy Concentration - 3 Points
More mp5 is always fantastic. You should be getting lots of spirit anyway for Spiritual Guidance (Tier 5) I can never convince anyone to click the Lightwell, so I decided not to bother with it, despite the fact that it does amazingly efficient heals. Blessed Resilience is more for PvP, and my tree doesn't have the points to spare for it.

Tier 8: Empowered Healing - 5 points, Serendipity - 3 points
FH, BH, GH are our staple heals. These two talents make those heals fantastic. Serendipity makes PoH fast as well. Get them.

Tier 9: Get everything
CoH is fantastic. It is a smart heal that targets the lowest HP raid member within range of your primary target. I was doing 4-6k heals non-crit per person so with glyphed CoH in ICC with 30% buff, that's 20k-30k in 1 sec.
Test of Faith is a must. I am not going to bother explaining it.
I love Renew. It is the priest's most mana efficient spell. So I improve it as much as I can, short of glyphing it.

Tier 10 - 11: Get everything
The talents in these tiers don't need explaining. They are a must. I strongly suggest glyph-ing Guardian Spirit.

And we are done =) Thanks for reading. For those who didn't read this (and won't see this), that's too bad; enjoy your sucky heals.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

#19 » Post by 742617003 » 18 Jan 2013 09:32

well i guess every1 has their own way of playing a class xD..
i see you havent given any talent points that improve renew and instead have given points to improve your greater heal =)
i for one dont use greater heal so much and instead opt for multiple flash heals and renewing my targets =D also im a big fan of PoH =D

Nyaneve

#20 » Post by Nyaneve » 18 Jan 2013 10:52

Depends on your healing composition too. Greater heal specced priests can put out quite a bit of tank healing, especially with regular use of Guardian Spirit, quite useful if your raid is short on classes that pump out heavy single-target healing. And considering there are like 4 talents which majorly buff GH, why not? Also, if i spec into GH, i like to spec into PW:S as well, just to add that edge to my single-target healing capabilities.
And bignumberdude, i like the renew spec too, Empowered Renew is just too sexy :D

innocentguy

#21 » Post by innocentguy » 18 Jan 2013 16:34

742617003 wrote:well i guess every1 has their own way of playing a class xD..
i see you havent given any talent points that improve renew and instead have given points to improve your greater heal =)
i for one dont use greater heal so much and instead opt for multiple flash heals and renewing my targets =D also im a big fan of PoH =D
You blind brah? I took ALL the talents that improve renew... I LOVE renew. It heals the same as GH, for less than half the mp cost. And same I after awhile i stopped using GH. It's great if you're low geared and you go oom, but once you're geared FH is the way to go. Especially with 4P.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Etro
Honorary Member

#22 » Post by Etro » 18 Jan 2013 18:58

You never should stop using ANY spell, except heal and lesser heal (:3). Gretaer Heal + Serendipity stacks can be a life saviour if your GS is on CD. Also, i don't understand how GH is great if you're low geared and you go oom. GH has a high mana cost and cast time. You already go easily oom if you're a low geared Hpriest without even using it.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

innocentguy

#23 » Post by innocentguy » 03 Feb 2013 12:02

Etro wrote:You never should stop using ANY spell, except heal and lesser heal (:3). Gretaer Heal + Serendipity stacks can be a life saviour if your GS is on CD. Also, i don't understand how GH is great if you're low geared and you go oom. GH has a high mana cost and cast time. You already go easily oom if you're a low geared Hpriest without even using it.
GH has a high mana cost and cast time yes, but compared to FH?? GH is actually alot more mana efficient than FH. Also, you can predict when your tank might need a GH and start casting it earlier, thereby getting your throughput up. Renew and CoH are your best friends as a low geared Hpriest. Heal and lesser heal are weak really...
[/color]
My Innocents:

Etro
Honorary Member

#24 » Post by Etro » 03 Feb 2013 12:54

You have a point :3
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"