Shadow Priest Guide - End game gear

mcheka

Re: Shadow Priest Guide - End game gear

#31 » Post by mcheka » 11 Mar 2015 17:30

mcheka wrote:1269 haste cap only puts VT and Mind Blast at the GCD cap, the latter which you're not using at high gear levels anyway. This means that haste is actually still excellent beyond that point. It loses a bit of value, but it's still better than crit. I'll run SimCraft later to double-check this (and to see exactly how big the effect is), but there's no real cap achievable in WotLK gear for shadow priests. The BiS just happens to tend to this value anyway, but if there was some theoretical higher ilvl gear with more haste, it'd be worth taking.
To add to my earlier post - I double checked and it wasn't as I'd expected. SimCraft is reporting that after 1269 haste, haste and crit are just about equal, with crit edging out haste by a small margin. Here are sample stat weights, normalized to SP:

Haste = 0.99, Crit = 0.83, Spi = 0.59, Int = 0.27 (1147 haste at 6,3k GS, what my priest is currently)
Haste = 0.76, Crit = 0.81, Spi = 0.62, Int = 0.28 (BiS gear you listed, with all yellow socket gems being SP/Haste)
Haste = 0.78, Crit = 0.79, Spi = 0.57, Int = 0.22 (BiS gear listed, with enough SP/Haste gems to be just under 1269 haste, and the rest SP/Crit gems)

I didn't run with many iterations, and I'm not sure the increments/steps in which SimCraft attempts to measure stat weights (something like 1 is too volatile due to natural variance, but something like 20 won't be right for anything between 1249 and 1269 haste), but that's pretty close. In the latter two, i.e. one with pure SP/Haste gems and the other with a bunch of SP/Crit gems, the simmed DPS was exactly the same, subject to variance. That's just more evidence that haste and crit are equal after 1269.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Justicelight
Donor

#32 » Post by Justicelight » 11 Mar 2015 19:29

mcheka wrote:To add to my earlier post - I double checked and it wasn't as I'd expected. SimCraft is reporting that after 1269 haste, haste and crit are just about equal, with crit edging out haste by a small margin. Here are sample stat weights, normalized to SP:

Haste = 0.99, Crit = 0.83, Spi = 0.59, Int = 0.27 (1147 haste at 6,3k GS, what my priest is currently)
Haste = 0.76, Crit = 0.81, Spi = 0.62, Int = 0.28 (BiS gear you listed, with all yellow socket gems being SP/Haste)
Haste = 0.78, Crit = 0.79, Spi = 0.57, Int = 0.22 (BiS gear listed, with enough SP/Haste gems to be just under 1269 haste, and the rest SP/Crit gems)

I didn't run with many iterations, and I'm not sure the increments/steps in which SimCraft attempts to measure stat weights (something like 1 is too volatile due to natural variance, but something like 20 won't be right for anything between 1249 and 1269 haste), but that's pretty close. In the latter two, i.e. one with pure SP/Haste gems and the other with a bunch of SP/Crit gems, the simmed DPS was exactly the same, subject to variance. That's just more evidence that haste and crit are equal after 1269.
That's the point of crit gems that i'm using.
testeromir wrote:Yea ToT and Inner Focus, as crit modifiers, should be kept on SW:P. Similar for corruption mechanics for afliction locks.
ToT is not a crit modifier, from what do i know its a dmg increase modifier, this is why I said that it can be a very good trick :D.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

testeromir

#33 » Post by testeromir » 11 Mar 2015 20:13

Lawl, Ok, dmg modifier didn't know that :D
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Fastor

#34 » Post by Fastor » 13 Dec 2015 00:06

Replace link of my old comparation with this one.
http://i.imgur.com/TZLVReN.png