Holy/Disc build.

Lily

Re: Holy/Disc build.

#31 » Post by Lily » 29 Dec 2012 11:22

I don't even know from where to start!

Priest is my passion.

First of all, healing is very dependent on how the encounter is built up. For example you simply CAN'T compare Holy Priest/Holy Paladin with Resto Druid on encounters such as PP, Festergut, BQ.. generally all encounters that have constant ticking minor damage income. If small damage constantly ticks in, Druid HoTs heal those, leaving nothing to heal for non HoT healers = healing recount grows for HoTers. When players make barely any mistakes, taking no huge damage = nothing to heal for other healers.
If there is no constant small damage income and there are only big hits with big damage, non HoT'ers can step in. (Note: I am not saying HoT'er is bad for big heals and Holy Priest is bad for small damage what-so-ever, just saying some encounters can't be compared.) Why else we search different class healers for raids, of course because all of them are good for something what other is not.
Sure, Holy Priest can spam Renew and keep up with Resto Druid on recount but that is not really needed when there already is a Resto Dudu. However, Renew spam among with other heals is efficient if your healing partner is a Holy Paladin.

Secondly, I think it was mentioned here before also, Holy Priest is the only healing class that has different spell for every encounter. It can like blend in to encounter needs, while other classes do the same stuff over and over again at every encounter. It actually is the most complicated healing class.

Thridly, comparing any healer with Resto Shaman is like comparing Feral Druid with Arcane Mage :P

Purr =^.^=

Mithrandir

#32 » Post by Mithrandir » 29 Dec 2012 12:42

Lol, too true, Inter. I've seen priests that do not use Fear Ward at Blood Queen.. How silly can you be >.>
Also, these threads are quite nice for me to read, since I had just respecced to Disci on my priest. Got some nice info about that all :D I started off with using Binding Light, but found out that if you want to OOM, that's the way to play :D:D:D
I've since dropped that, using more Penance, using Renew every now and then, and ofcourse mainly shielding. Don't use Prayer of Mending much yet, but started using it. Still finding my way, which will be easier with these threads alive ^^

innocentguy

#33 » Post by innocentguy » 03 Feb 2013 12:10

Etro wrote:I don´t understand how druids are considered better AoE healers than holy priests. Sure, they have wild growth and a lot of HoTs they can spam and then continue with nourish, but that's it. Their strength relies in HoT, not inmediate heals. A holy priest can easily do more healing in less time than a druid because of that. For example, using CoH and PoH with serendipity stacks. Empowered renew makes the spell an instant heal aswell, not a very powerful one with overall gear, but it is great for those 3k HP deficiency and incomming damage after it, no HoT of a druid can do that.
Well, Druid healers are better AoE healers at certain fights such as Sindy, BQ... And that is because they can put constant HoTs to deal with the constant DoT. All a priest has is renew sadly... But I get your point that priests can totally own druid heals in terms of bursts.

You alliance people are totally ignoring all the Horde action... I agree with Inter though about healers not using anything other than healing spells. It's really quite silly. Being a healer does include getting rid of those pesky debuffs (can't expect a rogue to cloak of shadows all the time).
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Etro
Honorary Member

#34 » Post by Etro » 03 Feb 2013 12:50

PoM is great at those constant DoT encounters too.

About dispeling and priests: Sure, part of the healer's job is to dispel. But if in a raid, there is a holy and a disc priest, it's the disc priest's jon to dispel. Specially when it is about mass dispeling.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

innocentguy

#35 » Post by innocentguy » 11 Feb 2013 02:45

Etro wrote: PoM is great at those constant DoT encounters too.
Yeah PoM is fantastic for those encounters.
Etro wrote: About dispeling and priests: Sure, part of the healer's job is to dispel. But if in a raid, there is a holy and a disc priest, it's the disc priest's jon to dispel. Specially when it is about mass dispeling.
Only icc boss that really requires mass dispel would be BQL i suppose... Talking about dispels, i've always wondered if i should be dispelling that debuff on BPC. I think it's called glitterring sparks?
[/color]
My Innocents:

Nyaneve

#36 » Post by Nyaneve » 11 Feb 2013 05:12

Yeah you should dispel any dispellable debuff, be it on LDW, BPC or wherever.

innocentguy

#37 » Post by innocentguy » 11 Feb 2013 21:02

Sundark wrote:Yeah you should dispel any dispellable debuff, be it on LDW, BPC or wherever.
Cool. I have been but I've been wondering if I've been wasting my time lols
[/color]
My Innocents: