Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Darchrow
Donor

Re: Paladin Tank Guide

#62 » Post by Darchrow » 15 Mar 2013 16:05

KingOfPredators wrote: And with this stated, Im not sure how someone who dont know difference between dodge and parry became GM.
EXACTLY! demote myaoming pelis....
Myaoming wrote:He was on molly.
Molly, not even once!
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Krypton

#63 » Post by Krypton » 15 Mar 2013 17:15

Let's stick to the topic. If you have something constructive to add concerning paladin tanking, do so. Don't try to turn this into a flame topic.

Eisen
Donor

#64 » Post by Eisen » 21 Aug 2013 11:22

Thanks for the guide.

Also a question, I noticed that t10 set has no Block value increasing stats, does that mean you no longer need it in icc gear? (that the passive stats you get from that gear are enough) O_o

Also, with the recent implementation of the rule that you're not allowed to "abuse" Relics, how safe is it to use those macros? :P
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Arashikage

#65 » Post by Arashikage » 22 Aug 2013 08:46

I'll take the liberty to answer that. Block value can never be regarded useless as a tanking stat, especially given the fact that it dampens each blow you receive. The tier protection set may not have block value in its itemization, however the stat itself is still extremely valuable. Plus Tier 10 gear has ample amounts of strength per piece, which give you very workable block value when you consider your tanking gear as a whole, and raid buffs that act as strength multipliers. As far as libram swapping goes, i really don't think its abuse, because the ability to do so exists by design, and has always existed thus. Plus it also comes with a cost, and some risk. It triggers off a GCD, which when being complacent, could be disastrous ( Sindragosa turning, for example).

Eisen
Donor

#66 » Post by Eisen » 22 Aug 2013 09:11

Cool thanks,
Arashikage wrote:It triggers off a GCD, which when being complacent, could be disastrous ( Sindragosa turning, for example).
As far as I'm aware that GCD is bugged, hence why it was tagged as "bug abuse" to swap librams. But then I only saw it announced and discussed ingame and am unsure of where to look for something like that on the forum. :)
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Myaoming
Former Staff

#67 » Post by Myaoming » 22 Aug 2013 16:12

That GCD is not bugged. I always get it when switching weapons/off-hands/relics. But I think if you swap them while on one ability's GCD, you will get your items swapped, and it will trigger a new GCD which will interrupt the 1st one.

I think what should happen is: items aren't supposed to be swapped if under one ability's GCD.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#68 » Post by Hansrutger » 10 Feb 2014 10:14

535 for RHCs
Actually I'm tanking with 490 defense in RHC xD The healers appreciate somewhat of a challenge haha :P
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Bluebell
Former Staff

#69 » Post by Bluebell » 11 Feb 2014 00:19

RHCs aren't that bad, just be aware without defence the bosses will hit you a lot harder. I updated the guide a bit, because it's been a while.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Etro
Honorary Member

#70 » Post by Etro » 11 Feb 2014 00:36

Hansrutger wrote:
535 for RHCs
The healers appreciate somewhat of a challenge haha :P
No kidding. It is so damn boring to be the healer of a well geared tank in RHC, you barely do anything.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

emsy
Former Staff

#71 » Post by emsy » 11 Feb 2014 05:29

Well geared paladin in RHC is a nightmare cause u'll oom all the time. With decent block and sacred up, mobs will barely hit u and there's nothing to heal, which means no mana (perma plea is not enough). I have to go ret when tanking rhc or just drop some gear down

Arashikage

#72 » Post by Arashikage » 11 Feb 2014 07:04

Being a tank in an RHC actually intimidates a lot of people, while levelling some of my alts I've seen healers with attitudes that would suggest they do the realm a favour just by queuing as heals, and if the tank loses a couple of mobs because the retarded DPS couldn't wait for the tank to stabilize aggro, these elite healers just leave party and screw it up for the rest. Better to be well geared and to require minimal healing, rather to listen to bullshit from complexed retards.

sstndr

#73 » Post by sstndr » 11 Feb 2014 07:31

emsy wrote:Well geared paladin in RHC is a nightmare cause u'll oom all the time. With decent block and sacred up, mobs will barely hit u and there's nothing to heal, which means no mana (perma plea is not enough). I have to go ret when tanking rhc or just drop some gear down
If mobs barely hit you it means you're getting tons of mana back from BoSanctuary. If mana input from sancturary isn't enough, you just need to pull more mobs.
And anyways, if dps can't control their threat it's their fault, they deserve the repair bill.

Justicelight
Donor

#74 » Post by Justicelight » 11 Feb 2014 07:34

Emsy, you can always JoW + Seal of Wisdom (with minor glyph of Seal of Wisdom) when you are very low on mana.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Arashikage

#75 » Post by Arashikage » 11 Feb 2014 08:47

Justicelight wrote:Emsy, you can always JoW + Seal of Wisdom (with minor glyph of Seal of Wisdom) when you are very low on mana.
or stop using consecration for a bit and watch your mana come back. Consecration is by far the most mana intensive ability a paladin has (offensive) ressurection costs a lot too :(