Retribution Paladins

-

Re: Retribution Paladins

#16 » Post by - » 11 May 2012 19:04

-----
Last edited by Guest on 25 Feb 2013 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Gorecleave

#17 » Post by Gorecleave » 11 May 2012 20:24

narcissa wrote:
Intervention wrote:And don't listen to the kids that say ret paladin is easy
still, it's funny said by a dk :3
Dude I can play all classes pretty good besides hunter and shaman haven't looked into them yet... This game ain't hard brah

narcissa

#18 » Post by narcissa » 11 May 2012 20:26

Never said the opposite, sis.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Bluebell » 11 May 2012 20:38

Xander the Shockadin wrote:If you use Seal of Command with the Glyph, you'll lose a majority of the damage cause SoR outweighs SoComm, and you might break CCs on other enemies if they're too close to the first target you're hitting. Judgement of Wisdom should do the job well alone.
Isn't judgement absorbed by things such as sacred shield, priest shield, mage armour etc? And Seal of Command can crit. You can still use SoR for DPS, just if you think you're going to Oom you can switch to seal of Command.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

-

#20 » Post by - » 11 May 2012 23:48

-----
Last edited by Guest on 25 Feb 2013 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Flexall
Donor

#21 » Post by Flexall » 12 May 2012 00:13

Xander the Shockadin wrote:The Glyph still requires your Judgements to HIT, not get absorbed, or else, they won't work, AFAIK. But if that's the case, Seal of Wisdom works even on absorbs. Just put it on for a hit or two and you'll get some of the mana back despite the absorbs, cause I've tested it.
...no it doesnt....it works even if all your judgements get absorbed
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

-

#22 » Post by - » 12 May 2012 00:17

-----
Last edited by Guest on 25 Feb 2013 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

Justicelight
Donor

#23 » Post by Justicelight » 12 May 2012 00:49

My advices for a retribution paladin in PvE:

1. When u reach T10 sanctified x4 pieces stack 20+ strength in all sockets and dont forget the enchants too. Also meta gem : 21 agility+3% increased damage( for that you will need 1 red 1 yellow 1 blue. Blue gem must be Nightmare Tear(+10stats).
If u dont have 4xT10 pieces yet I recomend stacking like this:
Red socket : 20 strength
Yellow socket: 10 strength + 10 critical strike
Blue: 10 strength + 15 stamina
Meta gem : 21 critical strike+3% increased damage

2. Expertise must be at 26 in your stats panel. What is over 26 is useless.

3. Best glyphs for a retribution paladin: Glyph of Consecration (if u have 26 expertise) or Glyph of Seal of Vengeance( gives u +10 expertise) ; Glyph of Judgement ; Glyph of Exorcism.

4. Reach 265 hit rating for 8% percentage. What is over it is useless.

5. Blacksmithing + Jewelcrafting profesions. ( dont consume yourself to get both only if you have end game gear. Jewelcrafting is always useful so you can get that first.)

6. Best trinket for a paladin who just started to gear himself is Darkmoon Card: Greatness ( +90 strength pasive + 310 strength when procs) . They all are saying to me to get that too but I dont believe them and stick to Victor Call`s HC trinket from ToC 10 . Guess I`ll have to try it one day xD.

7. Trinket Priority: Tiny Abomination in a Jar(icc25 profesor putricide) > Death`s Verdict( toc25 twins) > Whispering Fanged Skull (icc10 Lady Deathwhisper) > Herkuml War Token ( frosties vendor) > Darkmoon Card : Greatness.

8. Cloak enchant : 23 agility
A little thing about agility and critical : Agility improves only your weapon critical strike. Critical stat improves weapon crit and spells crit too.

8. Good Luck.

This is my personal knowledge and how I use it. That doesnt mean that I am right with these words too.

Best regards, Justicelight
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#24 » Post by Kindzadza » 12 May 2012 01:55

Why anything above 8% hit is useless? That's for yellow attacks,white attacks still miss..You need avove 20% hit rating for successfull white attacks too.

Justicelight
Donor

#25 » Post by Justicelight » 12 May 2012 02:00

Paladins needs 8% <> 265 for all atacks to succeed. I have 229 and I am missing Judges and Exorcisms in icc. When I used to have 280 i never missed with any atack.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#26 » Post by Kindzadza » 12 May 2012 02:05

Like I said, those are yellow,you still miss with white attacks (melee).

Diryn
Former Staff

#27 » Post by Diryn » 16 May 2012 20:16

The hit cap for auto-attack depends on the weapon type. It's 27% for dual weild and 8% for 2H. You also have to consider that the real cap can be lowered in raid if you have draenei, shadow priest or balance druid who gives buff for hit rating.
However the 8% cap is only for melee so you will still miss with exorcism and consecration, but imo you can stick to 8% because most attacks will be hit capped.

About the mana issues in pvp i don't think it's a good idea to choose seal of command only for the mana regen. First because you use one major glyph when you could use the slot for a better one, also switching seal cost a lot of mana so switching when your mana is low will give you even more troubles. The problem with absorbs will still remain and you will even be absorbed more often since the judgments from soc does lower damage than those from sor, you have more chance to be fully absorbed.
Imo, retri have no other option than track all those absorb buffs and try to not judge when they are on by breaking them with other attacks.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#28 » Post by Bluebell » 16 May 2012 21:08

Absorbed seal of command judgement still gives mana.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Diryn
Former Staff

#29 » Post by Diryn » 16 May 2012 21:28

It only gives mana from the glyph so 8% of mana base which is still too low.
Seal of the pure gives 25% when not absorbed.

Arnoxis

#30 » Post by Arnoxis » 09 Jun 2012 16:43

Kindzadza wrote:Why anything above 8% hit is useless? That's for yellow attacks,white attacks still miss..You need avove 20% hit rating for successfull white attacks too.
that is for dual wield :D
white attacks cap at 8% if 2hander or 1hander, dual wield was something over 20% but only for white damage