Primalwow: The Holy Paladin guide(video)

Artheden

Primalwow: The Holy Paladin guide(video)

#1 » Post by Artheden » 13 Feb 2016 22:11

Hey everyone,

I have made a quick video that explains how to play holy paladins on the server.
This is the updated video which covers some extra things here and there. There is also a pre-raid BIS and BIS list linked in the description. I hope it helps some players.
https://youtu.be/gxNBacyIgFA

Cya on the server.

Exodarion
Last edited by Artheden on 07 Dec 2016 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

adolphjlj123

Re: Holy Paladin guide(video)

#2 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 13 Feb 2016 22:45

couldnt watch past 3 minutes. Holy light is better than flash of light for various reasons, especially on this server. And using holy shock on cooldown is incredibly bad if theres nobody that needs emergency healing.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 13 Feb 2016 23:12

Haters gonna hate

Thanks for making the video, Exodarian. I liked it. I think the gearing aspect from about minute 12 onward would be very useful to a lot of holy paladins out there.

Fitzsimmons
DTP
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 13 Feb 2016 23:16

- - Removed by poster for excessive snarkiness - -
Last edited by Guest on 14 Feb 2016 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Artheden

#5 » Post by Artheden » 13 Feb 2016 23:48

I am not sure if you even play holy paladin on this server, but you clearly do not understand the spec if you keep spamming holy light over and over.

If you truly believe in this then I would be interested to hear as to why that is.

I have tried this myself and seen many others do this which causes you to OOM all the time.
I am not going in depth on everything regarding holy paladins like I said in the video and will not in this post either.

adolphjlj123

#6 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 14 Feb 2016 15:07

First of all you get 6% crit for holy light from talents, that flash doesnt get. Secondly, some easy calculations: without debuff flash is about 8healing per mana without counting crits, and holy light is 7. (holy shock is about 5, stop using it. Seriously.) Inside BWL flash doesnt even break 1healing per mana while holy light comes out to about 1. This is based on my current spellpower, which is easily obtainable in raids.
It will get even better the more SP you get because of the 2 spells different coeffs.
So make a stopcasting macro and learn how to pre-cast. Because keeping judgment of light up and using holy light is the most efficient way to heal. Also, forgoing SP over full mp5 is not the way to go. Get whipvine and spitfire,to take your gear as an example.
But thanks for basically calling me stupid for knowing how to heal better than you, ''best holy paladin on the server''. Sorry for bad english or spelling/grammatical errors.

Artheden

#7 » Post by Artheden » 14 Feb 2016 19:49

I would first like to say that I did not mean to offend you. It is just that every holy paladin I have seen that spams holy light is doing horribly.
I have also just calculated the same values on the heals per mana and ended up with around the same values.

I will however not change the way of healing because of a few reasons.
When in a raiding environment there are a lot of healers that are all healing raiders at the same time. If you start using longer heals which also heal for more you will start overhealing a lot. It is also more difficult to manage the holy lights. Flash of light is quick and will not overheal for much at all even if your target is almost back to full health. Flash of light does not heal less per mana in comparison to holy light either.
It will allow you to overheal less even when making mistakes.
Also sometimes when a raider gets spiked you can react way faster with flash of light and holy shock combo.
The strength of holy shock is not in the heals per mana but in the fact that it is an instant cast.

The truth is that I have not been outperformed yet by another paladin and it is not some kind of ego complex I have or something. These are the facts.
So even if you might outheal me I dont really care, but dont come to me with some sarcastic "best holy paladin on the server" thing cause I have never put it in that way.

Artheden

#8 » Post by Artheden » 14 Feb 2016 21:01

Just want to add that after a long conversation with someone we came to the conclusion that it is better in BWL to use more FoL and maybe the occasional holy light.
This is the case in BWL because of the increased mana cost which gets you OOM way faster.
in terms of efficiency FoL > HL

Artheden

#9 » Post by Artheden » 14 Feb 2016 21:31

Just uploaded the pre-raid BIS list for holy paladins.

The link to the video is below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sksOYkz9OnU

adolphjlj123

#10 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 14 Feb 2016 22:13

If you learn how to pre-cast you wont be doing much over-healing, and holy light will outscale flash the more SP you get so you might as well get used to it now. Also, nobody has outperformed you because youre the only holy paladin in dtp? Every good holy paladin ive seen on the server has quit or rerolled. And efficiency means how much healing is done per point of mana, so no it isnt more efficient.

agrodon

#11 » Post by agrodon » 14 Feb 2016 22:30

adolphjlj123 wrote:If you learn how to pre-cast you wont be doing much over-healing, and holy light will outscale flash the more SP you get so you might as well get used to it now. Also, nobody has outperformed you because youre the only holy paladin in dtp? Every good holy paladin ive seen on the server has quit or rerolled. And efficiency means how much healing is done per point of mana, so no it isnt more efficient.
Holy light does NOT outscale FoL in terms of mana efficiency.
Holy light is 4 times as expensive as Flash of light, with an efficiency difference of only x1.66
The base values are equal in terms of mana efficiency, with FoL becoming more and more mana efficient as your SP goes up.

Artheden

#12 » Post by Artheden » 14 Feb 2016 23:21

First of all no I am not the only holy paladin in DTP. Currently the only one raiding BWL with DTP/VK.

The outperforming thing is over the course of all the months I have been raiding here. That includes Murmur, sanctuary and Maple syrup.
And like Agrodon said FoL > HL, but I will agree with you that Holy shock is pretty inefficient in terms of healing per mana.

adolphjlj123

#13 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 15 Feb 2016 03:54

I feel like neither of you understand spell coefficients or know the values for holy light and flash of light if youre going on about flash being more efficient as you get more SP. If you think it is because of overhealing, then once again just learn to pre-cast. Its hard to overheal 1-1.5k holy lights.

agrodon

#14 » Post by agrodon » 15 Feb 2016 08:11

adolphjlj123 wrote:I feel like neither of you understand spell coefficients or know the values for holy light and flash of light if youre going on about flash being more efficient as you get more SP. If you think it is because of overhealing, then once again just learn to pre-cast. Its hard to overheal 1-1.5k holy lights.
Flash of light has a coefficient of 1. Holy light has a coefficient of 1.66.

Flash of Light has 1/4 the mana cost of holy light, so in terms of mana efficiency you get 4 healing power from Flash of light for the same mana as holy light, which gets 1.66 healing power.

Artheden

Re: Primalwow: The Holy Paladin guide(video)

#15 » Post by Artheden » 07 Dec 2016 14:54

Bump for updated video