+ Spell Power VS + Int For Holy Pallies?

Xassis2

+ Spell Power VS + Int For Holy Pallies?

#1 » Post by Xassis2 » 02 Aug 2015 06:02

The Subject pretty much explains it all... I'm gearing up a Holy Paladin currently, and I'm curious if I should go more for gear with + Spell Power or + Int. Thanks for any and all responses!

Amalizzy

Re: + Spell Power VS + Int For Holy Pallies?

#2 » Post by Amalizzy » 02 Aug 2015 08:22

mp5

Xassis2

#3 » Post by Xassis2 » 02 Aug 2015 14:44

Really? Would you mind explaining why? I mean, I've read guides on how to play Vanilla Holy Paladins, and every single one without exception has said that mp5 is next to useless for Paladins and to go for Crit, Int, and +Healing (Spell Power) above anything. But does the fact that this server runs on a 3.3.5 client make it a different case entirely?

mrzillon

#4 » Post by mrzillon » 02 Aug 2015 16:23

because pallie solo healing ia amazing but there mana isnt so mp5 and int are your best just pick spell up where you can
just like in tbc mp5 is im sure pallies be stat

Faceroll

#5 » Post by Faceroll » 02 Aug 2015 21:39

Keep in mind this isn't Vanilla, back in Vanilla critting would restore 100% of the mana you used for spell, it was nerfed to 70% in TBC and now 30% in WotLK. I haven't done calculations but i think going SP + INT is better(or just pure INT).
Paladin is really weird class right now, and i think Prime should look into buffing it little bit because it's really underpowered compared to Priest.
1337 PvP King Faceroll - level 60 Human Holy Paladin

.Sorrugis

#6 » Post by .Sorrugis » 09 Aug 2015 01:31

Faceroll wrote:Paladin is really weird class right now, and i think Prime should look into buffing it little bit because it's really underpowered compared to Priest.
Have you gotten the dragonscale sets? Our pallies are performing real well, think you just need to step outside the crit box. Gonna have to gear more like a resto sham did in vanilla, which is good. Otherwise we'd see all casters going for the crit items and seeing the mp5 stuff all getting de'd.

The main reason why priest was so strong was that shields weren't effected by the healing nerf. Now that this is no longer true, there isn't nearly the same imbalance.

The low mana cost on their dispel alone, teamed with their amazing buffs are enough reason to bring a bunch of pallies to the raid.

razmattaz

#7 » Post by razmattaz » 15 Aug 2015 13:22

Have you gotten the dragonscale sets? Our pallies are performing real well, think you just need to step outside the crit box. Gonna have to gear more like a resto sham did in vanilla, which is good. Otherwise we'd see all casters going for the crit items and seeing the mp5 stuff all getting de'd.
This^

I raided MC the other night with the green dragonscale set and worked very well. Looks like the prio for this server seems to be SP-MP5-INT-CRIT