Holy at 60

razmattaz

Holy at 60

#1 » Post by razmattaz » 24 Jul 2015 17:52

Any ideas on how well this is preforming for paladins.

Am considering healing as 60 and was wondering if they are having throughput of mana issues compared to other healing classes

.renjiowns

Re: Holy at 60

#2 » Post by .renjiowns » 25 Jul 2015 00:43

Paladin main here, in extended fights i definitely oom, but im learning to be more controlled with my mana usage, paladins are the better dispelers and you should focus on removal over healing. Stack mp5/int/crit on your items and you should be good to go.

An after thought, paladins are actually worse off because we have a severely shallow healing pool imo.
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

razmattaz

#3 » Post by razmattaz » 25 Jul 2015 08:49

Yea I remember healing in vanilla, it was all about crit heals to get mana back and have a higher throughput on heals which are generally low. Was just wondering how its holding up on this server :)

.sunny

#4 » Post by .sunny » 26 Jul 2015 04:20

I haven't reached max level yet to really test it out, but I played a healadin from vanilla-Wotlk and was hoping to relive the experience again. However i'm noticing one big potential problem. Healadin's mana regen worked differently than other casters back then. They dont receive any benefit from spirit til Cata(reason i quit healadin btw). So they rely solely on critting with their heals for regen and whatever mp5 they can get their hands on. As the expansions progressed in vanilla the Illumination talent gave you back 100% of the mana cost of the spell that crit. In BC it was lowered to 60% and in WotLK it is as it is in the game now at 30%. I feel i'm going to have a major problem at max level with all that missing mana return. Especially when mp5 gear was virtually nonexistent in vanilla content. I'm playing as often as i can and if i can still make it work I will. I just feel this was a subtle mistep in the design that should be addressed somehow.

Vyse

#5 » Post by Vyse » 26 Jul 2015 04:39

Sad to hear, was planning on rolling a Holy Paladin :/

razmattaz

#6 » Post by razmattaz » 26 Jul 2015 15:00

Exactly my comcerns sunny! The mana regen without the mana return from cirt heals. However i have looked on talent calc and a few of the wrath talents improve your crit rate higher, meaning u will crit more offen that you would in vanilla. Guess we'll wait and see :p