The Shockadin Guide - WotLK

-

Re: The Shockadin Guide - WotLK

#16 » Post by - » 30 Jan 2012 20:56

Cover25 wrote:Im sorry but if you even think 8.5k dps in icc well geared is good you dont know anything about the game. 8.5k dps is pathetic in icc...
Who said I've even done many ICC runs to actually know even the most basic things of all, when all I could do is heal with barely 10 fps out of my damn card, and still just a "fanboy," who had just decided to become a Shockadin? Where have you seen me brag about ICC's and so on? Two weeks ago, I did my first ever successful OS run, and even that wasn't done the hard way, it was done the easy way. On the Alliance, back then, I've never had any successful runs in OS, and that was a weekly on top of it all, and I was the leader. Is that enough proof for you how I've rarely done raids to actually get the such experience or knowledge? Did I even get a chance to even do so? No.

Also, don't forget. I don't use any secondary addons, macros, scrolls, potions, food, drinks, even bandages. I restore my health and mana fast, so there's really no need for the last three in fact. I want to prove that I can do something without relying on any addons or much less macros.

Don't forget I was the one out there on the Alliance that got most kicks out of raids and even dungeons, got flamed in battlegrounds and I flamed back and I made it worse, even at some point began to get reported as AFK in BG's just to get me out of there, and I refused to leave.

When I started getting deeper inside all this, I started thinking about this while still chasing the main goal, get to know them better, the gear varieties, gemming up, the spec itself, different ways, and so on, and then started with my very own ideas and experimenting, respeccing, trying out different things, most of which had failed, but some did have some potential, but I then left, then came back, and now I have another eighty. Believe me, your talk won't make me quit, as if anyone else there before you succeeded in doing so.

What, is there a rule against Shockadins, or at least, against Shockadins who dare to think out of the healing idea, or even how to gear as a healer and maybe change something. Or, wait, is there a rule somewhere, out there, against me, for being a Shockadin?
I dont see why you make things so complicated, just Roll the DPS spec(RET) and Play like a normal sensible person instead of being a fanboy of Shockadins.
Quite frankly, I've never seen you make such a statement at Top or Roel. Answer me, why when I talk about Shockadins, all what people do is attack me, but when Roel talks about Shockadins, or mentions Top, or Top himself does something or says something, which I've rarely seen so, since Top barely logs on, and I've only seen him twice in here while I was still on the Alliance on my former eighty, you agree or barely have any arguments, or no arguments at all? It's just a "fanboy's" question, but he'd like to get an answer to it, though.

If I want to go simple, I'll roll a Human Ret Pally, set 1 as Auto-Attack, 2 as Divine Shield, three as Hearthstone, and make a macro - /castrandom Judgement of Light, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Exorcism, Repeatance.

If I want to go Holy and waste 64 points in that tree, or 66 even, like I had seen a Ret here a week and a half ago, using 66 points in the Ret tree or so, literally making me laugh in reality, I will. Have you seen how stupid it really looks to see someone with his Ret spec FULLY put points in? if there were any more talents to store 71 points, I'd even go as far as to saying that there's bound to be someone who'd do such s stupid thing.
But there ARE good Rets. There ARE some that use skills and brains other than those five keys, push them, and hope they'd land a critical, or at least a normal hit and that they won't be the first ones to die. There ARE such good Rets, but few, very few. Blame the simplicity of Rets and how people go for the most simple thing available out there. That's why Ret takes little skill until you really decide to try real hard and even dare to take on x vs 1 situations at your own free will by charing at those crowds.

If I want to spec Prot, I will do so, I used to be a good tank, not a perfect one, a great one, a bad one, a rookie one, but a good one, people liked me when I used to tank. I was a great Prot PvP Paladin at 70-79 in BG's long ago, and I remind myself of those times lots of times.

But do I really want to do so? Do you see me prancing around like that. No. I'll stay a Shockadin, weather you like it or not. Shockadins aren't dead.

Roel
Founder

#17 » Post by Roel » 30 Jan 2012 21:15

I tested this today in BiS gear and was able to do 7.5k dps at Rotface without oozes and without any raids buffs, just self buffs. About 9-10k dps was possible at saurfang with adds due to high AoE dmg. In a real raid with full buffs the damage would obviously higher and you could get 10k dps as shockadin in BiS gear (6.9k GS in this case :P). It seems nice but a ret pally could get close to double the amount of damage with this gear...

To summarize PvE for Pallies. Prot is tank, Ret is damage and Shockadin is healing. I am sorry but Holy doesn't really have a purpose here, just for Anub in ToC due to less overhealing...

Cover25

#18 » Post by Cover25 » 30 Jan 2012 21:55

@Shock I dont see Top DPSIng in holy Nor roel. You still seem to think that shockadin can dps and it cant. You will try and try again but You will continue to fail. Blaming your lack of experience isnt a free pass. Im not geared as some other hunters and i pump out 2x the damage. My arguement is that Shockadin is For HEALING. Not DPSing. You will sadly never learn that.

P.S. i get 7FPS in icc10 and 5 FPS in icc25 and i do 15K DPS. No excuses.

Intervention
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Intervention » 31 Jan 2012 08:20

I never said anything about you wanting to join my raids. My comment was a mere generalisation of what practically every raid leader would say....

And Roel, i never dissed shockadin healing, i know having half your talents in something doesn't mean it's less effective than having full talents in something. But saying you are going to Shockadin DPS and putting half your talents into a DPS talent and some in healing then c'mon...
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!