Ret Pallys Are The Best

Mavek

Re: Ret Pallys Are The Best

#16 » Post by Mavek » 12 Mar 2011 22:01

I used to hate pallys myself and refer to them as an easy-to-play class. Especially retribution paladins.
That was until I made a pally myself, out of don't-knowing-what-to-play.
Pallys are far from easy.
I personally suck at healing with a pally, since I'm used to priest healing, so I won't say anything about it.
Prot and retri are far more difficult than I thought, firstly, cause (i read it some tankspot forum), pallys can hold aggro just by dmg, no threat from dodge/parry or so, and secondly, cause retri skills have a significant cooldown and, contrary to popular belief, it matters what you press first so fixed rotate or not, ye can still suck at dps/pvp
But i appreciate the comments made here, I was so going to stack ArP for the retri build :D thanx, guys :)
Still, the needle-encrusted scorpion isn't good for retri or? :)

Warpath

#17 » Post by Warpath » 12 Mar 2011 23:36

needle encrusted is nice until u get a ICC trinket :D Like mine Deathbringers Will :D

Cyrius

#18 » Post by Cyrius » 12 Mar 2011 23:52

Warpath wrote:needle encrusted is nice until u get a ICC trinket :D Like mine Deathbringers Will :D
DW was never a paladins trinket, thats the kind of !@#$ you dont roll for in ICC as paladin.

the strength proc is ok, but the haste and the arpen is just a waste of stats. +its only a chance that the strength one will proc (wich is the only2 you need) and for a ret paladin, a class with so many great limitations and disadvantages towards other particulat clases, gambling it is like signing your death sentence.

Warpath

#19 » Post by Warpath » 13 Mar 2011 09:18

Its a great trinket for a pala too. the +600 strenght and +600 crit is awesome for a pala. +600 haste isnt that bad, for fast flash of lights.

Universe

#20 » Post by Universe » 15 Mar 2011 21:54

Warpath wrote:Its a great trinket for a pala too. the +600 strenght and +600 crit is awesome for a pala. +600 haste isnt that bad, for fast flash of lights.

idiot, paladins got art of war which makes flash of lights instant on crits.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Warpath

#21 » Post by Warpath » 16 Mar 2011 10:51

Universe wrote:
Warpath wrote:Its a great trinket for a pala too. the +600 strenght and +600 crit is awesome for a pala. +600 haste isnt that bad, for fast flash of lights.

idiot, paladins got art of war which makes flash of lights instant on crits.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
u suck in so many ways.... plz learn to play a pala in arenas noob

Mitar

#22 » Post by Mitar » 25 Apr 2011 10:31

Retribution paladin in pvp has various specs and configs...His main attributes in both pvp and pve are strenght and crit rating.Critt rating gives u more often procs of art of warr talent which is usefull coz it grants u more survivability,but first of all u need to be capped with hit rating hit rating of 200 will do ajob for but more of hit rating isn`t unrecomended...Also in arenas retri pally has approx 20 secs of cc breaker through hand of sacrifice and divine sacrifice/guardian...Retri has more interupts than u can imagine...Seal of justice for example...
U have 3 interupts before Diminishing returns do it`s job...Have more healing capabilities via seal of light.So a good geared retri is practically undistructible if player knows how to play his class...For pvp i recomend u to use Dwarf paladins on ally side...Stoneform is too op vs rogues,unholy dk`s and arms warriors...I recomend u go for one and only pvp spec i believe in 0/20/51 with improved hammer of justice 2/2 and divine guardian 2/2...

Mitar

#23 » Post by Mitar » 25 Apr 2011 10:39

Considering stats which paladins use one of best trinkets retri pala can get is death`s verdict/death`s choice...Dark matter trinket is second best trinket for retri paladin,and if u have troubles with hit rating cap go for pyrite infuser from ulduar...

Cyrius

#24 » Post by Cyrius » 25 Apr 2011 18:27

i agree with everything, except for the hit rating... 200 is too much for pvp and too low for pve, hit cap for ret (and most clases) in pvp is around 5% (should be like 170-175 or so rating), as for pve cap goes to 269 exactly... not more ..not less. thats 8% hit...enough for raid boses and lvl 83-85 mobs. And Seal of Justice is far too random , although it could help dpsing a target (preferably a caster) to maybe around 60% (cus with that seal you wont gona be doing much dmg) and then use stun and rep (at some point) but untill the casters shield is down...its not worth it, cuz it will take you alot more time to get the shield down with that seal then the dmging 1. And time is what you Dont have agaisnt a caster.Regarding melee, only an unholy DK is what can top your dps even if you are doing rotation correctly ( and i know many will disagree with that but its true, i know warriors do alot of dmg at a certain point if they use Retaliation with !*&#ing BS, but IF you survive that ... and hopefuly dont mess up when he goes defensive stance (if you even give him the chance to do that), you have pretty much won the figth). Frost DK, is a pain in the @$$ but auto heal is sufficient to cover that. NOW feral drood annoyng and lame class to figth if he is good, ether the duel never ends...or he wins, well you can win too but you got to get him pinned down at low HP AND at the same time have all CDs off ( stun, rep and wings) ( one tip, Dont trinket the cyclone unless the druid is on low Hp, but if you are on low HP and he has used cyclon, you gotto trinket that and stun/rep him BEFOR he transforms againd and re-stealths. Otherwise you are dead). im not gona discuss priest locks and frost mages cus they got ALOT of LOVE from blizzard and it will take more then just skill and higher gear then them to that those basterds out.

Tauren

#25 » Post by Tauren » 25 Jun 2011 02:47

why do some people think ret is boring? its basic but its still very fun. 4 button rotation but moves like divine storm are so fun... arcane mage you press 111111111111121111111. ele shaman is like 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 3... paladin rotation is kinda like fury warrior rotation

Tuffeyy

#26 » Post by Tuffeyy » 25 Jun 2011 03:15

It because people mistake the FCFS/priority list for facerolling, if you use all your spells in the wrong order you just standing there for like 3 seconds just hitting white damage

Tauren

#27 » Post by Tauren » 25 Jun 2011 11:32

whats your rotation (not with t10)

Tuffeyy

#28 » Post by Tuffeyy » 25 Jun 2011 17:04

People can correct me as im level 78 and not level 80 on my paladin but...

Judge > Crusader > HoW (20% life) > Divine Storm > Consecration > Excorcism (Art of war) > Holy Wrath.

However there are slight alterations depending if you fighting a single target/groups, how many stacks of vengence/blood corruption you have.

ZAPSKULL

#29 » Post by ZAPSKULL » 26 Jun 2011 15:38

I have tried all 3 of the Specs on my B Elf(COST ME SHIT LOADS OF G AFTER THE SECOND RESPEC) But I have realized that it really depends on the playing style and what suits the player the Best. RET PALLYS can do shit loads of damage(Which always comes in handy), Protection Pallys can be amazing Tanks and finally. Holy Pallys can Do some Epic Healing.

netuser

#30 » Post by netuser » 14 Dec 2011 02:24

I just <3 Pallys xD.