Ret Pallys Are The Best

Archenemy

Ret Pallys Are The Best

#1 » Post by Archenemy » 21 Feb 2011 06:23

Many ppl say that ret pallys are garbage, that rets get pawned easily, I tend to disagree. As a Ret Pally I've fought several pallys whether it be in BG or while lvling just about every prot or holy pally I come across I killed [within a few lvls of me of course]. Ret Pallys are so amazing in doing mass amounts of DPS real quick. Prot pallys are made for tanking, buffed on armor, they dont do very much DPS as a ret pally i have armor pent, bye bye prot pally. Holy pallys....ah the healers :P if ur busy constantly healing ur gonna run out of mana before i run out of weapon swings :)
So with these statements I say us Ret Pallys Rule and Will Always Rule

Roel
Founder

Re: Ret Pallys Are The Best

#2 » Post by Roel » 21 Feb 2011 09:50

Every class/spec is good in some way if you know how to play it. I don't know much about ret pallies but I know you can't be a good one if you stack armor penetration.

Ondo

#3 » Post by Ondo » 21 Feb 2011 10:02

Also: A good prot pally knows to increase more than simply armour (newbie mistake), INCLUDING DPS (since a high DPS makes you generate more threat in PvE).

Cheers!

Barskin

#4 » Post by Barskin » 21 Feb 2011 14:05

Retribution paladins used to be OP and really good at DPS back at 3.1.3. As nerfs have come, the ret burst doesn't exist anymore. Hybrid classes tend to fill all roles, but they will never be better on the ones witch are focussed at some role. As Roel sad: "Every class/spec is good in some way if you know how to play it."

Archenemy

#5 » Post by Archenemy » 21 Feb 2011 14:39

@ Roel yes that is true that stacking complete armor pent will make you a bad ret pally. How I gear my pally is balancing Strength and Armor Pent, it may not be the correct way to gear one but I dont care, I pawn with it :)

Intervention
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Intervention » 08 Mar 2011 08:35

Ret paladins typically should stack Strength and Critical Strike rating.

With some Resillience in there too for some survivability.

Prot paladins should only be stacking Strength and Critical strike rating.

Resillience isn't needed as much, you have so much survivability it's ridiculous.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Warpath

#7 » Post by Warpath » 09 Mar 2011 19:01

ret paladins are probally the most boring class ever. but are strong, u can solo two people of same gear with them, if u know how to play good.

Cyrius

#8 » Post by Cyrius » 09 Mar 2011 21:02

Boring...maybe, basic...yes, easy to play...NO. Ret pallys are easy to "play" like "control", but when it comes to PvP..its a hole other story. Its not a spec that requires skill to play, it just requires brains and comun logic, no misteries are going to be discovered about ret any more. Every thing that it possible with it, has already been discovered. Sad thing is that ...its a very limited spec, thats what makes it hard and, against some clases, even impossible to play in pvp. There is just no other class agains wich ret can Dominate no mater how skilled the other player is.

Warpath

#9 » Post by Warpath » 09 Mar 2011 21:46

People keep telling me on world chat how paladins are OP, u dont need any skills or tactics....if they only knew how wrong they are. Especially matsy.

Cyrius

#10 » Post by Cyrius » 09 Mar 2011 22:19

Warpath wrote:People keep telling me on world chat how paladins are OP, u dont need any skills or tactics....if they only knew how wrong they are.
i understand you, its cuz world chats normaly are full of ppl that have no idea what the @!#$ they are talking about.

Ctrlaltdel

#11 » Post by Ctrlaltdel » 10 Mar 2011 05:47

Flexall wrote: Holy pallys....ah the healers :P if ur busy constantly healing ur gonna run out of mana before i run out of weapon swings :)

hehe....in case you havent seen me in action healing i can stand around and spam heals forever and never go oom especially against ret pallies.

i.e. i was on my usual soul saving patrol 1-2 months ago when one of the many souls i saved came to horde and started QQing about it saying "you're gonna get yours soon". 10mins later said person comes along with a lvl 80 ret pally named Shui who spent well over 10 minutes trying to make me go oom only to see me constantly over 95% mana while he/she went oom 3 times used 3 bubbles and used Avenging Wrath twice before eventually fleeing ^.^

Ondo

#12 » Post by Ondo » 10 Mar 2011 10:44

/applause Crtlaltdel

That's actually rather impressing. ;)

Warpath

#13 » Post by Warpath » 10 Mar 2011 13:44

Thats normal for a holy pala. I can also never go oom, no holy pala can if they got a little skills. Unless enemy team has damn priests -.-

Ctrlaltdel

#14 » Post by Ctrlaltdel » 11 Mar 2011 01:36

Warpath wrote:Thats normal for a holy pala. I can also never go oom, no holy pala can if they got a little skills. Unless enemy team has damn priests -.-

and don't forget those damn annoying afflic locks and their mana drains (when they aren't fearm spamming that is)

Warpath

#15 » Post by Warpath » 11 Mar 2011 13:01

Ctrlaltdel wrote:
Warpath wrote:Thats normal for a holy pala. I can also never go oom, no holy pala can if they got a little skills. Unless enemy team has damn priests -.-

and don't forget those damn annoying afflic locks and their mana drains (when they aren't fearm spamming that is)
grrrr warlocks....hate them.