In Depth Level 19 Paladin Twink Guide

rasl123

In Depth Level 19 Paladin Twink Guide

#1 » Post by rasl123 » 28 Nov 2014 05:57

In Depth Paladin Twinking Guide
By: Executioner the Magnificent, Greatest Paladin Twink ever to have lived.

Introduction
Races
Professions
Specs (Gear/Talents/Glyphs)
Items
Other

Introduction:
This guide will explain in detail how to build your very own extra special paladin twink! Note that some of the choices made in this guide are opinionated and part of what makes twinking fun is being able to choose interesting builds that you think will work best. Please feel free to correct me if you find any actual factual mistakes in my guide. I am only Draenei and I am sure I will have plenty. That being said, this is best twink pally guide and all others suck ;)

Races:

Horde:

Blood Elf- Blood elves have two notable racial abilities. Arcane Torrent adds a useful interrupt to the paladin’s arsenal since without it the only interrupt they have is on a one-minute cool down. The mana it provides is next to worthless for a twink paladin unless the player is healing, in which case the best course of action would be to delete the character and create a twink priest. The second blood elf passive is Magic Resistance, which is a nice perk and will increase survivability especially when being hit by a single spell can sometimes mean 500 damage. Blood elves also have increased enchanting which is completely useless. Their base stats are STR: 19 AGL: 22 STM: 21 INT: 24 SPR: 20. Overall, although their racial abilities are not bad they are nothing special and their base stats are relatively weak where they need to be strong (STR and STM).

Alliance:

Humans- Humans have 6 mentionable passives, of which 1 is very good, 2 are decent, 2 are hardly worth noting, and 1 has no use in PvP. Every Man for himself is very helpful and can be used to escape even the most annoying of fears for at least a few seconds until another will most surely be cast. It also frees up a second trinket spot that other races would normally fill with an insignia of the alliance/horde. This allows for a second arena grand master for an extra 12 stamina. Perception is useful so that you can hit the hardly stealthy Sheena before she gets off an ambush and mace specialization can be good when using glacial stone. Sword specialization is nearly useless unless you are using Runic Darkblade, which makes no sense since there are weapons purely better than it, for example Night Reaver. The human spirit provides a very slight increase in spirit, a stat that is not very useful on paladins. Diplomacy is also a racial passive of humans but is useless in combat although it can be beneficial if you are trying to farm rep with furbolgs or Silverwing Sentinels. Human paladin base stats are as follows STR: 22 AGL: 20 STM: 22 INT: 20 SPT: 21. Their stats are spread out evenly, which is not the worst for a paladin considering they benefit from each stat (although they benefit from STR and STM most).

Dwarves- Dwarves have 5 passives. The first 2 are Find Treasure, which is terrible due primarily to the lack of treasure in Warsong Gulch or any arena, and Frost resistance, which is almost as bad because of its lack of use versus any opponent besides the occasional misguided mage. Gun Specialization follows suit by being equally useless (paladins can’t use guns). Mace Specialization can come in handy if using glacial stone. Stoneform can be good since there are at least a few painful poisons and bleeds at level 19 and 10% increased armor is always a nice perk. With base stats of STR: 24 AGL: 16 STM: 25 INT: 19 SPR: 20 they would be strong contenders for the paladin master race if their passives were not so pointless.

Draenei- Draenei have 4 racial abilities. The first, Gift of the Naaru, is invaluable in PvP and can easily heal for around 700 every 3 minutes with the proper spec. Shadow Resistance is also notable, especially now that warlocks have become more popular and more often than not top damage in battlegrounds. Even ignoring the fact that it helps every member of your battleground within 30 yards of you, Heroic Presence is useful for paladins because it increases hit chance, which while swinging a large two handed weapon only once every few seconds is important. Finally, Gemcutting is worthless. The base stats on a Draenei are STR: 23 AGL: 17 STM: 21 INT: 21 SPR: 23. Because of the boosted STR and STM (although not as big as the dwarves), along with the heal from GotN I mark Draenei as the best race for paladin twinks.

Professions:
(To reduce the walls of text I am only going over the best profession options: Skinning, Mining, Engineering, and Herbalism).

Skinning- increases dps with an approximate 3% increase to crit chance.

Mining- increases survivability with an extra 70 health.

Engineering- can be very useful by providing bombs that stun if aimed correctly, and more importantly target dummies. This option also opens up gear that can be used on paladins but in my opinion is not the best.

Herbalism- is necessary for any twink due to Lifeblood, which at max level heals for around 750 very quickly and has only a 3 minute cooldown.

Specs (Gear/Talents/Glyphs):
Because I believe that there is only one decent paladin role in PvP and that is a dps bruiser I will not waste time and space with a healing spec ;) .

Gear-

Head- Lucky Fishing Hat
Neck- Sentinel’s Medallion or Scout's Medallion
Shoulders- Polished Spaulders of Valor
Back- Tumultuous Cloak of the Soldier
+3 Agility or +70 Armor
Chest- Polished Breastplate of Valor
+4 All Stats
Wrist- Cavedweller Bracers
+9 Strength
Hands- Thorbia’s Gauntlets
+7 Strength
Waist- Earthbound Girdle of the Soldier
Legs- Chausses of Westfall (or Mighty Chain Pants for horde who don't want to switch to Alliance)
Reinforced +16 Armor
Feet- Silver-linked Footguards
Minor Movement Speed Increase
Finger- Seal of Sylvanas (or if you don’t want to switch to horde and you aren’t horde Seal of Wrynn).
Finger- Protecter’s Band/ Legionnaire’s Band
Trinket- Arena Grand Master
Trinket- Inherited Insignia of the Alliance/Horde or a second Arena Grand Master depending on race and preference (I choose to use the Insignia as a Draenei and switch it out for a second AGM while it is on its fairly long 5 minute cooldown.
2H Weapon- This is tricky so I’m going to give you a step by step of what I use. Each weapon should be enchanted with Crusader. Start with the Bloodied Arcanite Reaper until you are hit once. After losing the 100 health that the weapon provides for you, Glacial Stone becomes a better option because of its immense dps and chance on hit. If Crusader procs while you are using Glacial Stone, immediately switch to Nigh Reaver, which has comparable dps to Glacial Stone. This is because if Crusader procs on Nigh Reaver while the Crusader buff from the first proc is still on the buffs can stack. Change back to Glacial Stone after the original Crusader buff runs out.
1H Weapon- Shadowfang
Crusader
Sheild- Redbeard Crest
+7 Stamina

Talents-
(There are two talent combinations that I will list and I will share my preference and why).
#1-
5 points in Divine Strength
2 points in Guardian’s Favor
3 points in Seals of the Pure

2#-
5 points in Deflection
2 points in Improved Judgements
3 points in Heart of the Crusader

I think the first spec is better because the 15% strength it gives is massive. It also increases seal damage slightly and increases the length of Hand of Freedom. If you have ever played a twink pally you quickly realize that catching up to others is not easy. Without any slows or speed ups, every second on hand of freedom is valuable and allows the player to take down annoying kiting mages and huntards.

The second spec essentially throws 5 points into the not very useful Deflection in order to shorten the cooldown of judgements and be able to apply a debuff that increases the paladin’s chance to crit. This increase in dps is less than the first spec and makes the paladin more easily kited and killed.

Glyphs-

Major- Glyph of Hammer of Justice (The increase in range of your stun is invaluable and amazing for closing distance between you and annoying ranged opponents who will die as soon as you get within pummeling range).
Minor- Glyph of Lay on Hands (really the only decent option here)

Items:

There are hundreds of items twinks can use to their benefit in PvP so I won't attempt to make an entire list. Instead I would like to list a few of the items that I have found most useful to me as a paladin specifically and why. To start, always carry multiple Swiftness Potions. As I have said before, one of the main challenges I have faced as a paladin twink is catching up to others. With these potions, which last an impressive 15 seconds, always on hand it makes it easy to get to a shaman, druid, hunter, or any other class that runs in fear from your newly geared twink. Secondly, I have found great use in Discombobulator Rays. These weaken the enemy and more importantly slow them down. You may be noticing a reoccurring theme by now, catching up to your enemies. These also last a long time. Finally, carry a few Flame Deflectors if you can find any. At first I doubted their use but soon I realized that Shamans, Mages, Warlocks, Hunters (with their traps), and anyone with a Fiery Weapon enchant can do considerable fire damage that could be prevented.

Other:

In conclusion I think that a Draenei Paladin is the best race class combination for paladins. The gear and enchants listed above are what, after many years of playing 19 twink paladins, I have decided are the strongest. I made it clear which talents and glyphs I find superior. I really don’t see much value in a holy paladin but they can be fun to make anyway so if fun is what you are after please be my guest! If there are any questions or disagreements please be civil and message me! :) Hopefully if you ask I can further explain any choices that I made in the guide. Thank you and enjoy!
Executioner today, Executioner tomorrow, Executioner forever.

Scorpio

Re: In Depth Level 19 Paladin Twink Guide

#2 » Post by Scorpio » 28 Nov 2014 07:15

Great guide. I think I might make a rogue one ^_^
Scorpio ~ Level 19 Rogue

shaun03

#3 » Post by shaun03 » 28 Nov 2014 07:45

Finally, the guide that gets all the twink guides going. Top Quality dude. Makes me want to make a couple aswell, even though I'm no where near knowledgeable, nor capable of doing so at this time! XD

@Scorpio: It would be great if we can get a thread to talk about all the points that counter Shamm's opinion that rogues suck ass! :lol:
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 28 Nov 2014 07:53

BE Racial Arcane Torrent is 2 min CD.

Relina

#5 » Post by Relina » 28 Nov 2014 12:05

Fastor wrote:BE Racial Arcane Torrent is 2 min CD.
You seem to have misread, what he said Fastor
rasl123 wrote:Arcane Torrent adds a useful interrupt to the paladin’s arsenal since without it the only interrupt they have is on a one-minute cool down.
The one-minute cool down he mentions is Hammer of Justice.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Boxis
Donor

#6 » Post by Boxis » 28 Nov 2014 12:05

Fastor wrote:BE Racial Arcane Torrent is 2 min CD.
rasl123 wrote: Arcane Torrent adds a useful interrupt to the paladin’s arsenal since without it the only interrupt they have is on a one-minute cool down.
He didnt write that it has 1 min CD. Only that without it they have only HoJ for interupt which has 1min cd.

Edit: Damn you Relina :P , exactly in same time.

Relina

#7 » Post by Relina » 28 Nov 2014 12:07

Boxis wrote: Edit: Damn you Relina :P , exactly in same time.
Hehe :P
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Fastor

#8 » Post by Fastor » 28 Nov 2014 12:28

Did misread. Damn palas >.>

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Nov 2014 17:48

Someone locked this by mistake, unlocking

Therealshammtwink

#10 » Post by Therealshammtwink » 28 Nov 2014 19:31

Nice one id make one for classes but to much hate :D

Arraj

#11 » Post by Arraj » 29 Nov 2014 01:45

Therealshammtwink wrote:Nice one id make one for classes but to much hate :D
do it... haters gonna hate anyway. And lets be honest, you are not hard to hate at all ;)
Forum lacks twink topics, lets spam some more :)

PS: dont "hate" us for doing what we like. I asked for twinking subforum so we dont bother you "pro 80s" with out "noob 19" stuff. I got "no!" so... pls spare us ;)
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold