Best mage spec TBC?

lolwhatprimal

Best mage spec TBC?

#1 » Post by lolwhatprimal » 02 Jun 2017 17:35

Anyone been on the PTR know which mage spec does the best DPS or second best DPS at the start of TBC here on Primal? Arcane or fire? Or does fire need T4 to work?

Gawson

Re: Best mage spec TBC?

#2 » Post by Gawson » 02 Jun 2017 17:53

I think Best leveling spec is Frost (OFC) Endgame Good dps for pve would be fire to start, and arcane when geared. I think there is a difference of 300 dps between fire and arcane ( making arcane the winner ) with kara gear

*correct me if im wrong

lolwhatprimal

#3 » Post by lolwhatprimal » 02 Jun 2017 17:56

Okay interesting ty.

.Brettyb

#4 » Post by .Brettyb » 02 Jun 2017 19:52

The de facto leveling spec is Deep Frost (as per usual). In terms of raiding, however, Frost does not put out enough dps compared to our other specs (Arcane and Fire). Arcane though, is unable to do competitive damage due to mana constraints. With a 1 minute cooldown on Evocation (2 minutes regularly, this is due to 2p T3), I am only able to rotate between x3 Arcane Blasts; my mana simply cant handle x4 before running oom, and this is with full raid buffs. Now Fire, in addition to having little mana issues, is able to put out around ~400ish more damage in full pre-raid, not taking into account our execute, which brings it to around ~550-600ish more damage. T4 has virtually no impact in terms of damage/mana regen for mages. T5, however, might bring Arcane back to the forefront with 2p T5 and a large increase in mana regen due to high intellect/spirit (an almost 10% increase in crit though, suggests Fire will remain top).

TL;DR--Frost for leveling. Fire is the ONLY spec viable for raiding, and will probably be so until T6.

lolwhatprimal

#5 » Post by lolwhatprimal » 03 Jun 2017 21:44

.Brettyb wrote:
02 Jun 2017 19:52
The de facto leveling spec is Deep Frost (as per usual). In terms of raiding, however, Frost does not put out enough dps compared to our other specs (Arcane and Fire). Arcane though, is unable to do competitive damage due to mana constraints. With a 1 minute cooldown on Evocation (2 minutes regularly, this is due to 2p T3), I am only able to rotate between x3 Arcane Blasts; my mana simply cant handle x4 before running oom, and this is with full raid buffs. Now Fire, in addition to having little mana issues, is able to put out around ~400ish more damage in full pre-raid, not taking into account our execute, which brings it to around ~550-600ish more damage. T4 has virtually no impact in terms of damage/mana regen for mages. T5, however, might bring Arcane back to the forefront with 2p T5 and a large increase in mana regen due to high intellect/spirit (an almost 10% increase in crit though, suggests Fire will remain top).

TL;DR--Frost for leveling. Fire is the ONLY spec viable for raiding, and will probably be so until T6.
When do you switch to fire? Obv frost is for lvling, but at what gear lvl do u switch to fire here? When pre-raid BiS or as soon as u hit 70?

theprinz2

#6 » Post by theprinz2 » 03 Oct 2017 16:03

I'd like to suggest the following spec for raiding:

https://truewow.org/armory/talentcalc.p ... ,0&realm=p

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 03 Oct 2017 17:20

I fail to understand why you people love to be so far away from boss to even skip dmg talent for range one. Solution with World in flames might provide more dmg output comparing to Flame throwing.
Also in first row of Arcane tree, you would never use AM but Spellsteal and Mass Intelect (after someone is ressed in combat) you will. So having talent that reduces mana and increases arcane school hit rate is more beneficial.
https://truewow.org/armory/talentcalc.p ... ,0&realm=p

Triblatri

#8 » Post by Triblatri » 03 Oct 2017 17:24

Fastor ... jebote nema te sto godina! sta ima brate , kako si ? Eralas ovde :D pozz

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 03 Oct 2017 23:08

Evo me, dobro sam... valjda. Nesto sam po bolnici ove nedelje al me briga zato sto ovi ne mogu da mi prekinu volonterski staz, tako da mi on i dalje ide. Obilazim sajt kad ono nesto o magovima, i to bez mene. E pa ne moze :D