[PW] Looking for tips on mage leveling

TBonez

[PW] Looking for tips on mage leveling

#1 » Post by TBonez » 28 Jul 2016 10:13

Hello All,

I really enjoyed playing a mage in Vanilla and TBC, so when it came time to roll on PrimalWoW, the mage-class was the most obvious choice.

The problems I'm having currently is mana starvation.

I've leveled both:
- A frost mage with spell power priority gear to 33.
- A fire mage with intellect priorty gear to 26.

But both have problems with mana. Especially in dungeons.
I've noticed the firemage doing better, due to the larger mana pool. But the problem then is that my drinks are not good enough to fill it up (2400 mana vs 835 mana drinks).

Is this something that is to be expected during leveling? I really can't remember this being a real issue during Vanilla... then again this could be due to the rose-tinted goggles I'm wearing at the moment :-)

Any hints or tips to deal with these mana issues?

Vaen

Re: [PW] Looking for tips on mage leveling

#2 » Post by Vaen » 28 Jul 2016 10:35

Your drinks will almost always be worse than vendor drinks except at the very end (where they're better). Therefore try to always buy the latest vendor drink (lvl 15, 25, 35, and 45).
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 28 Jul 2016 12:57

TBonez wrote:the mage-class was the most obvious choice
Hello, finally someone normal who is playing correct class.

Anyway, yes you will find our drinks kinda suck, but compared to other classes, we dont need to buy stuff. However as Vaen said, those vendor drinks sometimes brings more mana. Anyway, about talent spec, every 10 levels mana balance between spells vary, so its kinda impossible to say from that perspective which is best. I prefer to use frost spec till lvl 60, something like this http://www.truewow.org/talent-calculato ... Mfkt:mjZV0 because most of leveling time lm in solo questing mode.

As for your level, lm not sure is it worthy to bother about such stuff right now since in few levels all may be changed.

TBonez

#4 » Post by TBonez » 29 Jul 2016 10:29

Thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately the spec will not work on Primal WoW, since we're locked out passed the 31 talent point.
Besides that, I like killing things with fire, so I'm sticking with this during leveling :-)

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 29 Jul 2016 12:12

Oh, right, primal. Hm, l cant possible think of any configuration and to make it look decent :| Pyro is useless without HotStreak talent, Improved Scorch and Winter Chill does not stack, Molten armor non exist.
Well check out this spec http://www.truewow.org/talent-calculato ... c0MhuhVh:V its similar to what l use on lvl 80 but l didnt put Pyro talent since obvious its waste now and l didnt put all talents in Molten Fury and Playing with Fire (+14%dmg) since l put in Torment the Weak which unlike Molten Fury that needs target to have under 35% to be triggered, it can work since full HP, it just need warriors Thunderclap or Paladins JoJ. But thats for raid, for you l suggest you just follow Fire talents like this until you reach lvl 43 then start going into arcane as subtree. Beside Pyromanic + Mage armor = 100% mana regeneration in combat and with Master of Elements l think your Mana would be no problem anymore.

Relina

#6 » Post by Relina » 29 Jul 2016 12:24

Pyromanic is locked out on primalwow, only talent in that tier which is usable is Combustion, not to mention Primalwow players have no access to glyphs either so Glyph of Fireball suggested by Fastor can be ignored too(for now at least).
So the talent tree will look more like this spec or like this for raiding.
Last edited by Relina on 29 Jul 2016 12:39, edited 2 times in total.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 29 Jul 2016 12:33

For Glyphs l forgot, but why is Pyromaniac disabled? With it gone, might as well forget Combustion and 2 points of Playing with fire and go for Arcane Meditation.

Relina

#8 » Post by Relina » 29 Jul 2016 12:38

Blame Roel for Pyromaniac being locked, he only enabled the capstone talent of the 31 talent point tier on PW to make it similar to vanilla talent tree as much as possible.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.