Frostbite & Shatter: Viable?

EbonTopaz

Frostbite & Shatter: Viable?

#1 » Post by EbonTopaz » 28 Jul 2015 12:58

I am currently leveling up a Mage, and I'm considering to try a level 60 variant Frost/TTW spec once I've capped.

However, I feel that without Shatter, this spec might end up a bit underwhelming. Although Frostbite would be a decent source of Freeze procs, I don't know if Vanilla raid bosses are affected by Freeze status. I am aware that almost all raid bosses in BC and onwards were immune to it, but considering how Vanilla seemed to work a little different in regards to which status effects did and didn't work, I thought it would be wise to double-check.

So, long story short, can any high leveled Mage confirm for me whether a Frostbite/Shatter combo is viable against raid bosses or not? I'm considering to spend the extra talent points in Ice Floes and Arcane Meditation if it isn't.

.Sorrugis

Re: Frostbite & Shatter: Viable?

#2 » Post by .Sorrugis » 29 Jul 2015 00:16

I do believe bosses are immune to the freezing effects. Even on the trash that isn't, chances are that the root will break before your next frostbolt would land with 33+ people smacking at the same target.

EbonTopaz

Re: Frostbite & Shatter: Viable?

#3 » Post by EbonTopaz » 29 Jul 2015 13:42

That's a good point... I guess I'll just use Frostbite & Shatter while I'm still leveling up, and I'll respec to a raid spec once I'm level 60.

Thanks for the advice!