Frost Mage PvP build

Prite

Frost Mage PvP build

#1 » Post by Prite » 02 Apr 2011 09:36

is this a good build? lol
http://www.truewow.org/armory/talent-ca ... 2152231351

^_^ what u guys think? I was surprised, because it felt that if I really wanna try and "perfect" the frost abilities for pvp, I end up using all the talents,
I just didn't use Improved Cone of Cold and the last 2 talents of Frost Channeling...
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Kraith
Former Staff

Re: Frost Mage PvP build

#2 » Post by Kraith » 02 Apr 2011 09:46

No it isn't, sorry. Here's a standard frost pvp build, I don't know a lot about it though.

http://www.truewow.org/wowhead/?talent# ... obu0fdMfot
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Prite

#3 » Post by Prite » 02 Apr 2011 09:52

hmm yeah I thought it was too Frostie, I got distracted with adding some points while I don't reach lvl 80, and end up adding points where I didn't needed for PvP... it became more balanced I guess... tks for giving the build, I'll make sure to study it :-)
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Flagg

#4 » Post by Flagg » 05 Jun 2011 10:39

Well, I'd just say "no", but that wouldn't be really helpful, would it?

Let´s see... the only talent outside frost you got was improved fire blast. While it is a good talent, I simply can't understand why you would appreciate fire blast over cone of cold. Of course I use both, but improving the cd on fb and not the damage on a great slowing ability just doesn't seem to make sense.

Now, improved blizzard... I simply can't see how a slowing effect on your blizzard, wich just might be useful sometimes in a bg, is worth 3 talent points. It isn't.

Frost channeling, in wich you only spent one point, should be totally empty. Threat and mana are not urgent matters for a pvp frost mage.

Artic reach is more of a matter of choice... but I generally don't use it. Keeping enemies in range for your nova and cone should be the most usual thing, so it would help but not that much.

The winter chill thing is mostly like the one above. Matter of choice, but you could leave it aside.

Enduring winter, as well, is not really necessary.

What to do with all this remaining talent points? The beggining of the arcane tree is full of useful and cheap talents for any mage.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Flagg.

Killfreeze

#5 » Post by Killfreeze » 20 Jun 2011 15:22

I would do the same as what Kraith would though except leaving out Icy Floes and get arctic winds for PvP, but that is just me...

Zuzu
Donor

#6 » Post by Zuzu » 07 Oct 2011 20:22

:cross: