Basics of both Mage Fire specs

Fastor

Re: Basics of both Mage Fire specs

#16 » Post by Fastor » 28 Nov 2014 13:26

The reason l said 2.0 sec is to prevent people going full retard and stack haste instead of crit rating. l currently use 885 and its about 1.7 in raid with t10 which is nice.

l just want to push people on something which l didnt point in guide but l should:

Because fire specs relies on Hot Streak, you need to have minimum 60% critical strike when buffed in raid to make this spec work.
Or to say better: To make yourself useful to group.

Relina

#17 » Post by Relina » 28 Nov 2014 13:33

Rawr Mage Module should help anyone interested in having their very own Best in Slot set, for their particular character from the current gear available to them.
Since the BiS sets listed on most guides assume you have access to all gear drops from all raid content as well as all raid buffs, while it may serve as a wishlist of items you want, it does not help you in maximizing damage output with your current gear.

Sidenote: All Mage BiS sets listed on the various guides to be found around the interwebs were for the most part originally generated by retail wotlk theorycrafters, using Rawr as a modelling tool.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Vaxsysl

#18 » Post by Vaxsysl » 28 Nov 2014 17:36

Fastor, I still do not get your fascination with SPECIFIC haste. If say, in a secenario where you have Bloodlust up and you having lots of haste (1k like myself), you end up throwing those Fireballs quite fast. In that scenario, you are casting your third Fireball and using up your Hot Streak right after that. Second Fireball was a critical hit, then before the second was out Living Bomb critically ticks, and your third fireball and instant pyroblast after that critically hits, and then Living Bomb goes of critically (and you end up wasting a hot streak). All those criticals happened before first Ignite could tick, and what it results is in HUGE DoT that ticks insanely.

Ignite works like Deep Wounds, where this is four second DoT every second - so next crit that you will do will add its damage on the next incoming tick, and not one crit is wasted in its DoT damage potential.

Maybe I got your post wrong, but I got the idea that you're saying for that specific haste so your Ignite doesn't clip (in addition to fire three fireballs within set haste proc), which left me blinking for a second.
Fern / Gaidin (and other alts)

Fastor

#19 » Post by Fastor » 28 Nov 2014 17:54

Nah didnt want to link gear at all, l just wanted to point them on what stats they should look at so they could use their own brain to decide should they roll on gear or not. And when to stop getting any of stat.

For example, l just had new mage in voa this week that was stacking hit rating like crazy, 23%+. When asked why she told me that one of top geared mages told her to get that much so enemy should not dodge, parry any spell. What a fu..!

Also Rawr good as it is, is standalone program. There is addon Wow Equip which work similar.

Fastor

#20 » Post by Fastor » 28 Nov 2014 23:57

Vaxsysl wrote:Fastor, I still do not get your fascination with SPECIFIC haste. If say, in a secenario where you have Bloodlust up and you having lots of haste (1k like myself), you end up throwing those Fireballs quite fast. In that scenario, you are casting your third Fireball and using up your Hot Streak right after that. Second Fireball was a critical hit, then before the second was out Living Bomb critically ticks, and your third fireball and instant pyroblast after that critically hits, and then Living Bomb goes of critically (and you end up wasting a hot streak). All those criticals happened before first Ignite could tick, and what it results is in HUGE DoT that ticks insanely.

Ignite works like Deep Wounds, where this is four second DoT every second - so next crit that you will do will add its damage on the next incoming tick, and not one crit is wasted in its DoT damage potential.

Maybe I got your post wrong, but I got the idea that you're saying for that specific haste so your Ignite doesn't clip (in addition to fire three fireballs within set haste proc), which left me blinking for a second.
Er, this is going beyond limits of basic already. l made this guide to be easy pathway so they just follow it until l release proper one.
Anyhow just to answer, l never care for BL in fire spec, l already explained reason for 2.0 sec as you did understood its for three Main spells in one T10. If l entered BL in calculation, it would only go worse.
Yes, cast time lesser than 2.0 sec equal more damage per second and more than 2.4sec equal less than three Main spells per T10 which ofc is less damage.

Ignite and any Main spell DoT for now is forgotten for any calculation since unlike l first though, they are not controlable (in bad way).

Maybe you would like that l say:

Hit rating up to cap 17% (prefer 13-14% for FB and 10-11% for FFB spec)
Critical up to 60% with raid buffs.
After you reach second one, go haste rating up to your Main spell at 2.0 sec casting time.
Critical up to 100%.
Spell power up to sky.
Spirit when you cant find item with any of mention above or capped at hit and haste.

Koriach

#21 » Post by Koriach » 29 Nov 2014 00:52

Am I the only one who likes sp + crit gems in yellow sockets over 20 crit? :/ (and I play FFB spec)

Myaoming
Former Staff

#22 » Post by Myaoming » 29 Nov 2014 01:04

You forgot who told you about 'em apparently xD
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Koriach

#23 » Post by Koriach » 29 Nov 2014 01:06

Myaoming wrote:You forgot who told you about 'em apparently xD
No i was using those gems and our chat was about if it was about trying out the 20 crit ones instead. :P

Fastor

#24 » Post by Fastor » 29 Nov 2014 01:07

Koriach wrote:Am I the only one who likes sp + crit gems in yellow sockets over 20 crit? :/ (and I play FFB spec)
Well l use them too. Actually l recommend switching to Yellow: 12sp10crit Red:23sp when Full Gear. During gearing l recommend 20Crit, in every socket.

PS link your mage.

Vaen

#25 » Post by Vaen » 29 Nov 2014 01:17

Relina wrote:Rawr Mage Module should help anyone interested in having their very own Best in Slot set, for their particular character from the current gear available to them.
Since the BiS sets listed on most guides assume you have access to all gear drops from all raid content as well as all raid buffs, while it may serve as a wishlist of items you want, it does not help you in maximizing damage output with your current gear.

Sidenote: All Mage BiS sets listed on the various guides to be found around the interwebs were for the most part originally generated by retail wotlk theorycrafters, using Rawr as a modelling tool.
I had Rawr some time ago as a standalone program, but is it still awful in terms of efficiency? It was pretty shit back then with like 6 class modules, to say the least.

PD: 420th post blazeitfgt.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Koriach

#26 » Post by Koriach » 29 Nov 2014 05:10

Sure Fastor here you go http://www.truewow.org/armory/character.php?n=Nephthyis

And yes I know I got too much hit still waiting for the BPC off hand to drop maybe it will before I grow old have kids and grandkids and die <.<. And I am thinking of swapping some items but I will play with those once i get that damn off hand. Still thinking of the wrist from Rott, ring from Gunship but we will see how all goes :D

Relina

#27 » Post by Relina » 29 Nov 2014 07:15

Vaen wrote: I had Rawr some time ago as a standalone program, but is it still awful in terms of efficiency? It was pretty shit back then with like 6 class modules, to say the least.
The final wotlk version of Rawr has fully working modules for all classes but Warlocks, since Warlock theorycrafting on gear sets was mainly done using Simcraft.

Just...

Fastor

#28 » Post by Fastor » 29 Nov 2014 15:29

Did few math tests with your gear and l understood that you might switch all three ring+wrist+offhand because you will go under lower Hit cap.
Gear 9.57% + Talent 3% + Spriest 3% + Drenai 1% = 16.57% Which is good, mine is 16.91% but if you use one 12sp10hit gem it would be same.
So yes, you can go Death Surgeon Sleeves from Rot, BPC Offhand and you can pick Lady D or GS ring. l would prefer Lady D.

PS: Top Hit rating mage is Mocnikralj (arcane)...
Gear 12% +Talent x2 6% + Spriest 3% = 21% GG

Relina

#29 » Post by Relina » 30 Nov 2014 03:57

I've always wondered if using FM as a FFB mage is abuse or just another "feature" ?

Just...

Fastor

#30 » Post by Fastor » 30 Nov 2014 09:25

Relina wrote:I've always wondered if using FM as a FFB mage is abuse or just another "feature" ?

[hide]That one is, but shhhhh....[/hide]