Cannot Hear Sound

This section deals with issues related to connecting, setting up client, transaction or troubleshooting account/character related problems.
Forum rules
- Please check the section guidelines before posting. They can be found HERE.
- Off-topic is strictly not tolerated and posts that do not contribute to the issues reported will be deliberately removed.
tenten220

Cannot Hear Sound

#1 » Post by tenten220 » 26 Apr 2022 07:05

I just recently joined and for some reason I'm unable to hear any game audio, even after messing with the in-game options. Searching for past threads, I saw here that I might change the HWdetect option in Config.wtf to 1 instead of 0. I am using dual monitors with the second monitor being plugged in via HDMI, so I hoped that would work, to no avail. It did mess with the aspect ratio though so I reset it to 0.
For more context, I'm on Windows 11 running Wow.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7. I'm using USB headphones but I can't get audio from the built-in speakers either. I've switched the output device in the options from System Default to USB device to Realtek Audio but none of them seem to work, also when I click "Okay" and then go back into the options it always resets to System Default.

Any advice is appreciated!