Full screen?

This section deals with issues related to connecting, setting up client, transaction or troubleshooting account/character related problems.
Forum rules
- Please check the section guidelines before posting. They can be found HERE.
- Off-topic is strictly not tolerated and posts that do not contribute to the issues reported will be deliberately removed.
maybebabyy

Full screen?

#1 » Post by maybebabyy » 09 Jan 2022 15:57

Hi!

I have returned after being away for 4-5 years. I downloaded the TrueWoW client twice and I keep getting the same issue. WoW is opened in a small window. There are black borders around. I have the correct resolutions chosen in the Video settings. Choosing Windowed mode in settings just gives me a black screen and I have to close the WoW exe.file. When I restart it it's back to it's small version again. Also if I press anywhere on my second screen the game minimize/close itself down, so I can't click around on YouTube and play at the same time (as an example).

Any fixes for this? :) When asking in world-channel I didn't seem to be the only one with the same issue.

Best regards

Cherub
Senior Game Master

Re: Full screen?

#2 » Post by Cherub » 09 Jan 2022 16:28

When you enable windowed mode, in video settings, there should be 2 more options. Maximized and Disable Resize. Think Maximized is what will remove black bars. But i disable windowed mode all together, and just play full screen. Using alt tab to switch between firefox, discord and WoW. Hope it helps :)

maybebabyy

#3 » Post by maybebabyy » 09 Jan 2022 16:29

Yeah but I can't choose any of the options since pressing Windowed mode gets me a black screen and I have to close the game. And the other options aren't available until I have pressed window mode, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. :)

maybebabyy

#4 » Post by maybebabyy » 09 Jan 2022 16:30

And full screen is defnitely not full, I can't play like that. xD

Cherub
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Cherub » 09 Jan 2022 16:44

Try changing your resolution to maximum available. That worked for me. Full screen and max resolution. Full screen and 1920x1080 (wide) are my settings.

maybebabyy

#6 » Post by maybebabyy » 09 Jan 2022 18:30

Thanks, that did it for the borders :D I guess I will have to live with not being able to multitask on both screens at the same time. xD It's just weird that Window mode sends the game to blackscreen.

Cherub
Senior Game Master

#7 » Post by Cherub » 09 Jan 2022 18:36

yea, but you can always alt tab between 2 opened games :)

andriuspel
Former Staff

#8 » Post by andriuspel » 09 Jan 2022 20:38

Usually its related to drivers, try to update them. Also directx should be installed, because newest windows doesn;t includes that by default (some components are but it still lacking). other than that, you can try to run Wow.exe by cmd, usually some debug shoult be visible. Other way - run wow.exe in compatibility mode (win xp)
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.