Fail skill icon click.

Supernova

Fail skill icon click.

#1 » Post by Supernova » 27 Dec 2014 15:40

Since i m in this server from the end of 2010 i manage to play with one bug.

Randomly my clicks fail on pressing in result skill icon its not actived.
Wich my cost me a lot ingame,like losing fight.

No matter i press keyboard button,mouse or click the icon with mouse,neither is macro or simple icon,neither personal keybind,basic one or non binded icon.No matter if the skill is spam-able or with any CD ,it have resuorce or non.
It doesen't follow any cycle of time or anything.It can happen now ,just right it did,than after 1 ,5, 15 ,30 min or 1 h again,its fully random.It can happen just right after i press button very smooth or i press it multiple times very fast ("mashing").
I have more than one accounts,even some that i haven't made.
I have used many different PC configoracions.Including different mouses,keyboards etc.Have played on PC's with very low and very high preformance.I play on low settings and with disabled sound.My FPS is around 10 most of time.
Also have changed the client many times,played with and w/o any addons.
My conection is aways good i have 40-50 ms in game most of time and sometimes higher,also i have played wiht diffrent type of conections than mine.
I have played in other servers but haven't dicovored the bug anywhere else.For example in AT server wich is also trinity based.
Its all the same in evry case.
Diabla - Blood Elf Paladin
Ambrosia - Blood Elf Death Knight
Supernova - Orc Shaman
Bladespinner - Orc Warrior

Nyeriah

Re: Fail skill icon click.

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Dec 2014 01:53

I have never experienced this issue. Does anyone know more about this to assist him?

Fivecapz

#3 » Post by Fivecapz » 29 Dec 2014 15:28

try getting snowfall key press addon, might help, it's made so when you press a skill, it instantly goes off, not when you release the key like without the addon.
He who say's he can, and he who say's he cant, are both usually right.

Supernova

#4 » Post by Supernova » 29 Dec 2014 21:27

I use that snowfall key addon from long time,its same with it or no.
Supernova - Orc Shaman

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 29 Dec 2014 22:23

lately things that look like they are ready turn out not to be ready . Many times I scatter shot then go freezing arrow and position the target circle , then try to shoot it , and it does nothing and says spell not ready yet , I wonder if this is along the lines of what SN is talking about. Like there is a certain extra gcd delay in some things
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Demol
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Demol » 30 Dec 2014 13:43

Kniteknite wrote:lately things that look like they are ready turn out not to be ready . Many times I scatter shot then go freezing arrow and position the target circle , then try to shoot it , and it does nothing and says spell not ready yet , I wonder if this is along the lines of what SN is talking about. Like there is a certain extra gcd delay in some things
This is related to network delay rather than "extra GCD delay": merely the latency as low as 100 ms can even cause such tiny, but noticeable delay, and I believe it is different from what the original poster is trying to explain.

blagovest_tonev

#7 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 30 Dec 2014 14:20

Not sure if I understood author's problem, but I have such a problem sometimes: everything goes smoothly and at a point an ability of mine becomes unusuable. For an example, stealth bugs sometimes when I'm playing my rogue (no cd or combat) and I have to use vanish in order to debug stealth (it becomes a used ability and its cd starts). Same happend to my dk's ghoul ability today, but I believe I had to die in order to fix it.

Demol
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Demol » 30 Dec 2014 15:31

blagovest_tonev wrote:Not sure if I understood author's problem, but I have such a problem sometimes: everything goes smoothly and at a point an ability of mine becomes unusuable. For an example, stealth bugs sometimes when I'm playing my rogue (no cd or combat) and I have to use vanish in order to debug stealth (it becomes a used ability and its cd starts). Same happend to my dk's ghoul ability today, but I believe I had to die in order to fix it.
I believe this is what Supernova is trying to explain. Just like the commonly known bug involved in Tricks of the Trade and Misdirection, making them "blacked out", in other word, not castable, with a necessity for relog in order to fix the problem.
Now, besides the above mentioned abilities, I haven't seen any other exposed to this kind of bug.
I'm not quite sure, but I think this could be related to GCD in some way.

Questions for Supernova:
-Does it happen with all your abilities, or just particular ones?
-How do you usually fix the inactive skill icon? relogging or something else?

Teraan

#9 » Post by Teraan » 30 Dec 2014 15:35

It also happens with DK's Raise Dead.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Supernova

#10 » Post by Supernova » 30 Dec 2014 17:05

Demol wrote:
blagovest_tonev wrote:Not sure if I understood author's problem, but I have such a problem sometimes: everything goes smoothly and at a point an ability of mine becomes unusuable. For an example, stealth bugs sometimes when I'm playing my rogue (no cd or combat) and I have to use vanish in order to debug stealth (it becomes a used ability and its cd starts). Same happend to my dk's ghoul ability today, but I believe I had to die in order to fix it.
I believe this is what Supernova is trying to explain. Just like the commonly known bug involved in Tricks of the Trade and Misdirection, making them "blacked out", in other word, not castable, with a necessity for relog in order to fix the problem.
Now, besides the above mentioned abilities, I haven't seen any other exposed to this kind of bug.
I'm not quite sure, but I think this could be related to GCD in some way.

Questions for Supernova:
-Does it happen with all your abilities, or just particular ones?
-How do you usually fix the inactive skill icon? relogging or something else?
I said in my post it can be evry skill not just class spells,any icon in game i belive even interface icons too.
And no it doesen't take CD, i can use the abilty after second or half if the bug doesen't reapet again the next click.
Its not the bug with summon ghoul ability ,stealt ,shadowform etc.
Supernova - Orc Shaman

blagovest_tonev

#11 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 30 Dec 2014 18:05

I have never experienced such a problem, then.

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 May 2015 04:53

------- CANNED MESSAGE STARTS -------

It does seem like this issue has already been solved as it was discontinued or no longer followed up
by the original poster.

Usually a 7 days deadline is issued after the last contact attempt from a Staff member, which might be
directly expressed on the thread or sent by personal messages.

This thread is now going to be locked due to an extended amount of inactivity, in other words, no further
response given from the interested parts after a given period of time.

In case the issue still persists, please open a new thread.

--------- CANNED MESSAGE ENDS ---------

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Mar 2016 03:19

This was locked because it didn't receive any response after 5 months. I'll be reopening it as requested by the original poster. Hopefully we'll be able to find a solution for it this time...

benzviliran

#14 » Post by benzviliran » 18 Mar 2016 09:06

Supernova wrote:Since i m in this server from the end of 2010 i manage to play with one bug.

No matter i press keyboard button,mouse or click the icon with mouse,neither is macro or simple icon,neither personal keybind,basic one or non binded icon.No matter if the skill is spam-able or with any CD ,it have resuorce or non.
It doesen't follow any cycle of time or anything.It can happen now ,just right it did,than after 1 ,5, 15 ,30 min or 1 h again,its fully random.It can happen just right after i press button very smooth or i press it multiple times very fast ("mashing").
I have used many different PC configoracions.Including different mouses,keyboards etc.Have played on PC's with very low and very high preformance.I play on low settings and with disabled sound.My FPS is around 10 most of time.
My conection is aways good i have 40-50 ms in game most of time and sometimes higher,also i have played wiht diffrent type of conections than mine.
I have played in other servers but haven't dicovored the bug anywhere else.For example in AT server wich is also trinity based.

i know exactly what you are talking about i am having problems with this issues all the time.

it does cause alot of ingame problems both in pve and pvp.

in pve it reduces dmg alot since it is just like a debuff that increase your base cooldown on all spells which can result in less spells casts in total depends on how long battle is for example on LK instead of 1000 mind flays could result in 750.

in pvp it can be even worse, late trinket or spell to remove a stun or controll imparing effect, not cast silence or wind shear or stun in time, not heal in time etc which can result in a lose in arena or either deaths in rbgs on world pvp specially when your fow is equal or stronger sometimes even when he is just a noob/s
I am the swarm

Supernova

#15 » Post by Supernova » 18 Mar 2016 12:33

Nyeriah wrote:This was locked because it didn't receive any response after 5 months. I'll be reopening it as requested by the original poster. Hopefully we'll be able to find a solution for it this time...
Thanks.Please don't lock it anytime,some cases like this are very rare and it may take years info to came up.
benzviliran wrote:
Supernova wrote:Since i m in this server from the end of 2010 i manage to play with one bug.

i know exactly what you are talking about i am having problems with this issues all the time.

it does cause alot of ingame problems both in pve and pvp.

in pve it reduces dmg alot since it is just like a debuff that increase your base cooldown on all spells which can result in less spells casts in total depends on how long battle is for example on LK instead of 1000 mind flays could result in 750.

in pvp it can be even worse, late trinket or spell to remove a stun or controll imparing effect, not cast silence or wind shear or stun in time, not heal in time etc which can result in a lose in arena or either deaths in rbgs on world pvp specially when your fow is equal or stronger sometimes even when he is just a noob/s
It can be your mount or even interface option.
Supernova - Orc Shaman